The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can’t believe it’s PPV, assumed it was on normal sky channels. 

What a joke.

It's never a PPV fight but Chisora commands an astronomical purse that can't be covered by putting it on normal sky. He has lost every big fight he's been in.

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I think Herol is still unconscious

How sad though. If ever a fighter deserved more, especially when you see some of the fighters who have won World titles in this era. I remember watching him against Mark Kaylor. I don't think I've seen a fighter more bamboozled than he was that night. Even Mike McCallum considered Herol his most difficult opponent, that's some compliment from the great, body - snatcher. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

How sad though. If ever a fighter deserved more, especially when you see some of the fighters who have won World titles in this era. I remember watching him against Mark Kaylor. I don't think I've seen a fighter more bamboozled than he was that night. Even Mike McCallum considered Herol his most difficult opponent, that's some compliment from the great, body - snatcher. 

So silky and such balance, More than warranted a world championship. 

whenever anyone mentions Kaylor the first thing i think of is him fighting on the cobbles with Errol Christie . Come on you irons 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can’t believe it’s PPV, assumed it was on normal sky channels. 

What a joke.

Eddie actually addressed this the other day, he said that he had no choice but to make it PPV due to the fighters on the card (Del Boy, Parker, Bivol, Taylor, The other bird and Jr) he reckons that it is PPV purely because there aren't going to be any fans to buy tickets.

Absolute nonsense, this was always going to be PPV with or without fans there.

The saddest thing is that this isn't the worst PPV card that we have ever seen.

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

So silky and such balance, More than warranted a world championship. 

whenever anyone mentions Kaylor the first thing i think of is him fighting on the cobbles with Errol Christie . Come on you irons 😃

Errol Christie, arguably the best amateur this country has produced. Such a shame his chin couldn't stan up to the professional game, and even sadder still, he's no longer with us. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant believe anyone would pay to watch two losers in parker and chisowa.

What a utter flop

There's a strong possibility that the Fury and AJ fight won't be as exciting as that fight was. Never try and anticipate how a boxing match will turn out, I've done it many times and ended up with egg on my face. 

21 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

He's a good fighter. Do find it hard to get excited about anyone from flyweight down though. Not a snobbery thing it's just personal. You will get generational talents like Naoya Inoue and Roman Gonzalez who are just different level and can seamlessly move up the weights becoming multi weight champions. Plus they have one punch power. To stand out as a little man, you need something like that because they don't got a lot of eyes on their division.

The irony is there the weights where you usually find the most exciting fights.

Saunders dad says fight is off, can't agree on ring size. Billy Joe has proper shit himself when fight week has come around, he's landed in Texas and it's hit him now. His training is wrapped up so he can't pull that excuse. Laughable if they pull out over this. 

21 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Saunders dad says fight is off, can't agree on ring size. Billy Joe has proper shit himself when fight week has come around, he's landed in Texas and it's hit him now. His training is wrapped up so he can't pull that excuse. Laughable if they pull out over this. 

fight is on, they were never going to pull out because of it, you'll probably find that Eddie Hearn had Chisora's Mom on speed dial just in case she was needed to talk BJS into staying.

I don't blame them for kicking off though, they agreed on a 22ft ring and then had an 18ft ring set up hoping that BJS and his team would compromise with a 20ft ring.

Canelo always gets everything stacked in his favour and BJS will need that extra space, this is the first time in a long time that Canelo has fought an actual boxer so he wants to nullify that for an easier night.

I have no doubt that Canelo will win but the only times that he has really struggled (outside of GGG) was against the boxers like Floyd, Lara, Trout.

He's a different animal now and BJS will need to decapitate him to get the a draw on the cards but Canelo isn't one to leave anything to chance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

fight is on, they were never going to pull out because of it, you'll probably find that Eddie Hearn had Chisora's Mom on speed dial just in case she was needed to talk BJS into staying.

I don't blame them for kicking off though, they agreed on a 22ft ring and then had an 18ft ring set up hoping that BJS and his team would compromise with a 20ft ring.

Canelo always gets everything stacked in his favour and BJS will need that extra space, this is the first time in a long time that Canelo has fought an actual boxer so he wants to nullify that for an easier night.

I have no doubt that Canelo will win but the only times that he has really struggled (outside of GGG) was against the boxers like Floyd, Lara, Trout.

He's a different animal now and BJS will need to decapitate him to get the a draw on the cards but Canelo isn't one to leave anything to chance.

The ring size wasn't agreed in the contract. Poor on both sides. 

Comparisons to how Canelo fought against Lara and Mayweather aren't relevant i think. 

Even to look at him, body shape, feints, everything, way different to his light middleweight days + he has more experience. 

Watched Saunders against Lemieux again the other day and as good as he was, he mugged Lemieux. They could of boxed 20 rounds and Lemieux still wouldn't of figured out how he kept getting beaten to the punch.

Could be wrong, hope i am, but i think Canelo will knock Saunders out.

• Like 1

Â