The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Mayweather.

So a 8 round ‘exhibition bout at £25 quid a poke and no ref.

Count me out, the only vague interest I had was the possibility of Oscar getting his head caved in the vile toad 

• Thanks 1

Frampton has always been a counter puncher but giving so much away in height and reach Herring just needed to stick to the basics and Carl was always going to struggle tonight.

I'm glad he's calling it a day now though, he's had a good career and doesn't have anything left to prove.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a farewell fight in Belfast if crowds are allowed back before the year is out but this is definitely the end of him at world level. 

19 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a farewell fight in Belfast if crowds are allowed back before the year is out but this is definitely the end of him at world level. 

Nah, he's done. He confirmed it post fight. Has a young family. Right decision. Had a great career. Had no business fighting at super feather, he was even a small featherweight. Great career though. 2 weight world champion.

7 hours ago, The_Rev said:

On that form he'd struggle to beat any half decent bantamweight nevermind super featherweight. 

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Crawford - Pacquiao confirmed in coming days 

Probably crawfords biggest test but i think he wins.

Hopefully the egos will be put aside soon so we can see spence - Crawford 

Spence should fight Thurman in the mean time, and that's a hell of a fight too.

10 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Spence should fight Thurman in the mean time, and that's a hell of a fight too.

Is that confirmed? Thurman in my view loses. Pac beat him up pretty bad. Hasnt been the same since his injury

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Is that confirmed? Thurman in my view loses. Pac beat him up pretty bad. Hasnt been the same since his injury

He won a split decision , hardly beat him up bad. Thurman looked rusty in his come back fight before he fought Pacquaio. He fought well against Pacquiao, but Manny is a great and fought great that night. A fight against Spence is logical. Crawford - Pacquiao is not confirmed but reports are it's close.

26 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He won a split decision , hardly beat him up bad. Thurman looked rusty in his come back fight before he fought Pacquaio. He fought well against Pacquiao, but Manny is a great and fought great that night. A fight against Spence is logical. Crawford - Pacquiao is not confirmed but reports are it's close.

That was ridiculous decision.  Thurman lost that fight badly.

He got floored and was breathing hard. Pac man won the fight easy and he isnt even near his best

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That was ridiculous decision.  Thurman lost that fight badly.

He got floored and was breathing hard. Pac man won the fight easy and he isnt even near his best

You should of just admitted you were way off with that one. Pacquiao started well, Thurman came on strong. Pacquiao won the fight by 3 rounds i thought as the 2 judges scored it for him did also. Nobody was bet up pretty bad.

Â