The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Canelo hasn't been beaten since 2013, what do you need to do differently to beat him?

I haven't been beaten since 2008, the question is what he needs to do differently to beat me

good answer from BJS, I want BJS to win but he won't

• Shocked 1

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That Mayweather logan "brawl" so embarrassing. 

Is this how far floyd has fallen?

Don't you get it ? It's all for show. Just like the McGregor fight. Floyd hasn't fallen anywhere. He's made millions and is about to make a few more. He has nothing to prove in boxing. He retired unbeaten with his senses and health fully intact.. He was the pay per view, King and a superb athlete whose dedication to the sport will probably never be bettered. 

• Like 1

I see that Logan has an actual loss on his professional record, is this an exhibition or will it go on Floyds pro record?

If its an exhibition I say more power to Floyd, milk the youtube crowd for everything, if it is being classed as a Pro Fight then its a joke and a kick in the teeth to boxing fans

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Don't you get it ? It's all for show. Just like the McGregor fight. Floyd hasn't fallen anywhere. He's made millions and is about to make a few more. He has nothing to prove in boxing. He retired unbeaten with his senses and health fully intact.. He was the pay per view, King and a superb athlete whose dedication to the sport will probably never be bettered. 

Of course i get it. But it was utterly embarrassing the "brawl" that was blatently staged

And before anyone says anything about the McGregor fight being pro, at least he came from a fighting background albeit not being boxing and it was intriguing to the general public, fans of the sport knew how it was going to pan out but it was more of a legitimate fight than a youtuber

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I see that Logan has an actual loss on his professional record, is this an exhibition or will it go on Floyds pro record?

If its an exhibition I say more power to Floyd, milk the youtube crowd for everything, if it is being classed as a Pro Fight then its a joke and a kick in the teeth to boxing fans

It's an exhibition. Like when he fought the Japanese guy. McGregor was a sanctioned boxing fight. Paul is about 2 or 3 stone heavier than Mayweather. Boxing fans need not concern themselves with this. 

35 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

And before anyone says anything about the McGregor fight being pro, at least he came from a fighting background albeit not being boxing and it was intriguing to the general public, fans of the sport knew how it was going to pan out but it was more of a legitimate fight than a youtuber

Mayweather would not generate anywhere near the same level of income fighting an MMA guy than he would Paul. Also, he's retired. This " Mayweather has to prove " narrative. C'mon. He's to prove nothing. He's the greatest fighter of my generation and i don't like the guy. His legacy and what he's done in his boxing career will never be tarnished by doing what's he at now. It's just a bit of fun. It's not like Roy Jones hanging around in his 40s getting slapped around the ring by young, active, world level boxers. Floyd is no fool.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Mayweather would not generate anywhere near the same level of income fighting an MMA guy than he would Paul. Also, he's retired. This " Mayweather has to prove " narrative. C'mon. He's to prove nothing. He's the greatest fighter of my generation and i don't like the guy. His legacy and what he's done in his boxing career will never be tarnished by doing what's he at now. It's just a bit of fun. It's not like Roy Jones hanging around in his 40s getting slapped around the ring by young, active, world level boxers. Floyd is no fool.

Absolutely. Haters will be haters. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That Mayweather logan "brawl" so embarrassing. 

Is this how far floyd has fallen?

He’s earned several hundred million dollars but still dragged Into circus fights like this, risking his legacy for a few extra bucks. What an idiot.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s earned several hundred million dollars but still dragged Into circus fights like this, risking his legacy for a few extra bucks. What an idiot.

How does an exhibition fight tarnish his legacy as a boxer  ? 

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

sure he has been doing it for years ;) 

Jeff Learns Wrestling #7: Live Watch: Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show & Cara  Mia! – Place to Be Nation

Floyd Mayweather Beats Big Show and More Iconic Outcomes from WrestleMania  | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

sure he has been doing it for years ;) 

Jeff Learns Wrestling #7: Live Watch: Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show & Cara  Mia! – Place to Be Nation

Floyd Mayweather Beats Big Show and More Iconic Outcomes from WrestleMania  | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

This proves my point, he gets paid well for showing up and it gives him an incentive to look after himself, he got millions to go (was it) 2 rounds with that japanese **** Tenshin

As long as it doesn't go on his pro record then he should milk it for everything he can

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I’m really glad I come from a generation where the term YouTuber did not exist

You exist and YouTuber exists, you do come from a generation where YouTuber exists. I suspect you are making an assumption that all YouTubers are 20 something dickheads. You find a subject you are interested in, there is a Youtuber for it. See The Lockpicking Lawyer, Paul Sellers Woodworking or TysyTube Restoration. I watch a lot of Youtube and manage to avoid words removed like the Pauls. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

He doesnt have to prove anything in mma your right, but its the laughable things his fans say about how mayweather would beat McGregor in a mma fight.

McGregor would obliterate him in a mma ring very quickly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

You exist and YouTuber exists, you do come from a generation where YouTuber exists. I suspect you are making an assumption that all YouTubers are 20 something dickheads. You find a subject you are interested in, there is a Youtuber for it. See The Lockpicking Lawyer, Paul Sellers Woodworking or TysyTube Restoration. I watch a lot of Youtube and manage to avoid words removed like the Pauls. 

I know exactly where Mr Follyfoot is coming from but you have nailed there, I'm from an older generation and not a social media type apart from reading some twitter footy stuff from the few that are worth reading and would happily go back to no internet but for YouTube, I would miss that badly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He doesnt have to prove anything in mma your right, but its the laughable things his fans say about how mayweather would beat McGregor in a mma fight.

McGregor would obliterate him in a mma ring very quickly.

So would Amanda Nunes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Fair enough I find it very useful and informative as well. I did say I come from a generation where it did not exist but there is no denying its existence now. Again my narrow minded definition of YouTubers is the ones that are familiar to my children such as Jack septiceye (sp) Who are obsessed with getting the most numbers of followers and generally banal. I’m currently looking at a review of stump grinders on there so definitely get the point. When someone says that their job is a YouTuber, or of vlogger for that matter I instantly assume the worst

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Â