The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Derevyanchenko is a very good fighter however it's clear to me that father time has caught up with GGG. Never was blessed with speed and looks slower than ever, his body doesn't have the same tone either.

His jab wasn't there last night with the same sort of authority as in the past, defensively he seemed a lot more static, his gas tank wasn't what it used to be although all that body work probably reduced it. Not clear his power is still quite there as well.

That said, still good and will probably make for even more exciting fights until his career ends at some point.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Derevyanchenko is a very good fighter however it's clear to me that father time has caught up with GGG. Never was blessed with speed and looks slower than ever, his body doesn't have the same tone either.

His jab wasn't there last night with the same sort of authority as in the past, defensively he seemed a lot more static, his gas tank wasn't what it used to be although all that body work probably reduced it. Not clear his power is still quite there as well.

That said, still good and will probably make for even more exciting fights until his career ends at some point.

Seen the DAZN highlights this morning. Totally agree. He looks a shot fighter. Don't really know what his end game is here, picking up middleweight titles again. He's been there and done that. Canelo fight looks unlikely. Be surprised if he makes 160 again after Kovalev. And Golovkin is clearly on the slide..Canelo looks like he is in his absolute prime.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Seen the DAZN highlights this morning. Totally agree. He looks a shot fighter. Don't really know what his end game is here, picking up middleweight titles again. He's been there and done that. Canelo fight looks unlikely. Be surprised if he makes 160 again after Kovalev. And Golovkin is clearly on the slide..Canelo looks like he is in his absolute prime.

Not exactly a 'shot fighter' when he is beating someone like Derevyanchenko but he's definitely declined and probably not too far away from being considered 'shot'. Not clear to me that Banks is the right trainer for him but it's all academic at this stage, he's 37 years old and has better had days, the only way is down for him.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Saunders is chasing triple g hard at the moment.  Wasnt impressed with triple g.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Saunders is chasing triple g hard at the moment.  Wasnt impressed with triple g.

Saunders is chasing no one, the only name on his record is Lemieux who isn't very good and was outboxed and stopped far more impressively by GGG before Billy Jo got to him.

His record is embarrassing, a total bum as far as I'm concerned. 

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Saunders is chasing no one, the only name on his record is Lemieux who isn't very good and was outboxed and stopped far more impressively by GGG before Billy Jo got to him.

His record is embarrassing, a total bum as far as I'm concerned. 

I hope Callum Smith absolute knocks him spark out if they meet as planned next year. 

• Like 1

Reports suggesting that Errol Spence has been involved in a serious road accident with his Ferrari flipping multiple times, reports ranging from him being in intensive care to being 'seriously hurt'.

Don't care if this sounds heartless but he hasn't improved at all since he beat Brook and for me looked lacklustre against Mikey Garcia and Shawn Porter. I posted on here suggesting he isn't living the right life style and appears to have lost desire to really improve, this sort of thing supports my theory. Wasted talent.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Reports suggesting that Errol Spence has been involved in a serious road accident with his Ferrari flipping multiple times, reports ranging from him being in intensive care to being 'seriously hurt'.

Don't care if this sounds heartless but he hasn't improved at all since he beat Brook and for me looked lacklustre against Mikey Garcia and Shawn Porter. I posted on here suggesting he isn't living the right life style and appears to have lost desire to really improve, this sort of thing supports my theory. Wasted talent.

Just reading some guy on Twitter who was following his Insta stories. Spence was out clubbing all night with his mates.

Photo of the car.  Dallas Police say the driver was thrown out of the car.  That's probably career over, right? 

I'm not sure agree we can draw too many conclusions about not living the life from this, I mean it's not great but he's just got out of a long training camp for a hard fight.  You'd take some time to recover from the punishment that fight inflicted and this is probably your first chance to cut loose in six months. 

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Photo of the car.  Dallas Police say the driver was thrown out of the car.  That's probably career over, right? 

I'm not sure agree we can draw too many conclusions about not living the life from this, I mean it's not great but he's just got out of a long training camp for a hard fight.  You'd take some time to recover from the punishment that fight inflicted and this is probably your first chance to cut loose in six months. 

Can't speculate as to what happened exactly. He definetely wasn't living the life after the brook fight. He looked fat between fights, seen drunk out with broner and gervonta davis.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2019 at 13:17, mikeyp102 said:

Tyson Fury keeping up his circus act. Now appearing on Wwe

Now actually appearing in the ring too rather than just mucking about on the mic. He has an actual WWE wrestling match scheduled in Saudi Arabia on halloween.  Could easily result in injury if he isn't careful

For UFC fans Brock Lesnar is "fighting" Cain Velasquez on the same show

• Haha 3

Â