The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

On 07/11/2018 at 20:08, Johnnyp said:

Errol Spence - Mikey Garcia close for march 16th. That's a fantastic fight. Spence isn't getting Crawford anytime soon and Thurman is basically a part time boxer at the minute so this is a good fight for him. Yes, Garcia is making a considerable jump from lightweight to welterweight against a huge welter too it has to be said but Garcia is no mug. He's amassed a very good 39-0 record, fought and dismantled the best ( with ease ) in the weight classes he's been in. A very very technically sound fighter. Spence will be favourite going in but i think it will be very competitive. 

Garcia is very good but he is going to get battered by Spence.  Spence is huge he will win this fight quite comfortably as Garcia is just too small.

I also expect uysek to win tomorrow with ease 

• Like 1

Usyk will destroy Bellew and IMO stop him in the last quarter of the fight. Bellew is shit, completely overrated, overrated power, overrated 'skill', Usyk is on another planet and the hostile atmosphere won't bother him at all. Can't wait to see the destruction of Bellew, Bellew and his fans are total words removed.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Usyk will destroy Bellew and IMO stop him in the last quarter of the fight. Bellew is shit, completely overrated, overrated power, overrated 'skill', Usyk is on another planet and the hostile atmosphere won't bother him at all. Can't wait to see the destruction of Bellew, Bellew and his fans are total words removed.

I think he will get destroyed. He beat up a past it haye who had one leg in one fight and suddenly he is fit a chance against usyk. He has absolutely no chance. 

I'd love to see him go up against wilder eventually

13 hours ago, Tegis said:

First time I've properly listen to Fury talking. Liked it

I saw a quote under a you tube vid for the build up that said

"I've given up trying to dislike Tyson Fury"

He's done a great job with the US media to be fair to him. How on earth the fight isn't sold out is beyond me.

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

He's done a great job with the US media to be fair to him. How on earth the fight isn't sold out is beyond me.

It's America. If this was in the UK it would have sold out within a few hours I think.

1 hour ago, West said:

I think Usyk-Bellew is going to be closer than people think. If Usyk allows it to turn into a brawl then this could be quite a fight. 

Mate bellew will get completly out boxed. This is a complete mismatch for me.

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate bellew will get completly out boxed. This is a complete mismatch for me.

You would think so but I wouldn't put money on it being one sided. Bellew has shown to be a dangerous underdog in his career. This is his last ever fight, he won't be going out with a whimper. He literally has nothing to lose. 

Edited by West

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Because it is being promoted by Frank Warren lol

There's an added pressure/angle for Usyk. This is his first fight in the UK and in this sort of atmosphere. He has aspirations of moving up to heavyweight. He will want to put a demolition show on you feel. 

53 minutes ago, West said:

There's an added pressure/angle for Usyk. This is his first fight in the UK and in this sort of atmosphere. He has aspirations of moving up to heavyweight. He will want to put a demolition show on you feel. 

Whilst he has never fought in the sort of atmosphere he will fight in tomorrow (drunken, uneducated louts brainlessly chanting Bellew's name) he has nevertheless fought on the road many times before, I doubt it will effect him, he's also, aside from an exceptional boxer, absolutely ice cold, he will do the job on the Bellew by outboxing him, he will not try to "put on a demolition show" because he's not that kind of boxer.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Spare a thought for the wife and kids, it's all for them.?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, West said:

I think Usyk-Bellew is going to be closer than people think. If Usyk allows it to turn into a brawl then this could be quite a fight. 

I think Usyk would consider a " brawl " quite beneath him.

Edited by sheepyvillian

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he will get destroyed. He beat up a past it haye who had one leg in one fight and suddenly he is fit a chance against usyk. He has absolutely no chance. 

I'd love to see him go up against wilder eventually

This fight is about nothing but money.

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't rate bellew. At all. The last few years of his career has just fell right for him. Won a vacant cruiserweight world title against a guy who's best win going in was against a near 50 yo Glenn Johnson.  Defended against the awful BJ Flores. And Haye...Christ the fella has been held together with cellotape for years going back to when he pulled out of fighting fury twice. Usyk will destroy him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Is he overrated? Most people think he is going to lose. Most thought he’d lose to Haye. Seems he is always the underdog so can’t be that highly rated (btw I’m not saying he is any good)

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whilst he has never fought in the sort of atmosphere he will fight in tomorrow (drunken, uneducated louts brainlessly chanting Bellew's name) he has nevertheless fought on the road many times before, I doubt it will effect him, he's also, aside from an exceptional boxer, absolutely ice cold, he will do the job on the Bellew by outboxing him, he will not try to "put on a demolition show" because he's not that kind of boxer.

I agree. I’m not a boxing expert and actually very rarely see many fights. But I enjoy listening to the bbc podcast wth Bunce and Costello on my drive to work. They were saying this morning that Usyk’s better fights have been on foreign soil. I’d say as a Ukranian Crimean, a fight in Moscow could have had a massive atmosphere for him and he brushed that aside. 

As a side point, I’d say Usyk to win in the last quarter 

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

I don't rate bellew. At all. The last few years of his career has just fell right for him. Won a vacant cruiserweight world title against a guy who's best win going in was against a near 50 yo Glenn Johnson.  Defended against the awful BJ Flores. And Haye...Christ the fella has been held together with cellotape for years going back to when he pulled out of fighting fury twice. Usyk will destroy him.

Glen Johnson ? I could have swore he was made of concrete.

Â