The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was getting beaten to the head and body and wasn't throwing back.

Don't get me wrong, he was under a lot of pressure, but he was still moving and still looked like he had his wits about him. I guess you have to trust the corner, whichever reason it is.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Don't get me wrong, he was under a lot of pressure, but he was still moving and still looked like he had his wits about him. I guess you have to trust the corner, whichever reason it is.

Totally disagree, was getting his head snapped back multiple times, smashed to the body and wasn't throwing back, went on for 2 minutes, it was a 10-8 round and he'd of had nothing left for the next round. Probably saved Brook's career.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Totally disagree, was getting his head snapped back multiple times, smashed to the body and wasn't throwing back, went on for 2 minutes, it was a 10-8 round and he'd of had nothing left for the next round. Probably saved Brook's career.

Not a massive knowledge of boxing and I understand the notion of a punchers chance...but he wasn't winning that fight was he? Frustrating because it was a great fight but the energy had gone, he'd landed several good punches that hadn't worked, the flurry or single huge punch that won him the fight wasn't coming, why risk it

4 minutes ago, villakram said:

he was starting to get messed up... I can understand looking out for Kell's future, but I'd be pissed if I paid for that.

I dunno (because I didn't, a mate who did Facebook live streamed it, there's no way of stopping that is there? There was 4/5 people doing it on my timeline) but that was more exciting than several of the mayweather and have PPVs I've wasted money on

I've seen fighters with bad eye injuries in the past get stopped Mitchell v Linares for example that was a shocker

It's a part of the sport unfortunately these things happen

Edited by AshVilla

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno (because I didn't, a mate who did Facebook live streamed it, there's no way of stopping that is there? There was 4/5 people doing it on my timeline) but that was more exciting than several of the mayweather and have PPVs I've wasted money on

I know... I was just thinking emotionally, but I understand very clearly that this was the right decision. Seen way too many fights with guys being beaten to a pulp for no reason other than the crap purse the fighters receive.

Brook comes out of this looking good regardless of how it ended. It will probably be easy for him to score a couple of big money fights in the States next year. 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Can't see it ever happening, Khan will be all talk and believe that he's the draw when in reality he's not 

Khan tends not to duck people, he likes a pound note too. I can see the fight happening, even if it's not on Khan's terms. 

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Khan tends not to duck people, he likes a pound note too. I can see the fight happening, even if it's not on Khan's terms. 

Khans a UFC fighter now didn't you know? Gunna be fighting Connor McGregory he reckons.

Khan is a fool

Â