The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Something very cold about Usyk. He genuinely does not fear Fury. He has this Slavic type genetics, calculating but part psycho,  or whatever it is in him that both the Klitschko‘s and Loma never had. Dangerous individual. Don’t write him off against Fury. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Something very cold about Usyk. He genuinely does not fear Fury. He has this Slavic type genetics, calculating but part psycho,  or whatever it is in him that both the Klitschko‘s and Loma never had. Dangerous individual. Don’t write him off against Fury. 

Yeah, when Fury gets into bed tonight he’ll be thinking about how Usyk didn’t even flinch. 

• Like 1

Dreadful match up but it's obvious Fury gave Del a payday, reckon his purse would be the biggest he's ever had, just hope he retires now,l. Del's guys got the heart of a champion if not the ability.  

• Like 2

I just don't see Fury v Usyk being a good fight. Both very similar, in that they're very difficult to get into a rhythm with. I just think they would both cancel each other out. I would come down on Fury's side just because of him being very much the bigger man.

• Like 4

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I just don't see Fury v Usyk being a good fight. Both very similar, in that they're very difficult to get into a rhythm with. I just think they would both cancel each other out. I would come down on Fury's side just because of him being very much the bigger man.

Good point.

• Thanks 1

For me the most interesting heavy weight fight would have to involve Joyce, either against Fury, AJ, Wilder or Usyk. I don't think it will go that way though, suspect Fury  v Usyk is a done deal. While AJ and Wilder will avoid Joyce like the plague. 

Edited by tinker

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It is the law of the jungle, a good big one beats a good little one 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tinker said:

Dreadful match up but it's obvious Fury gave Del a payday, reckon his purse would be the biggest he's ever had, just hope he retires now,l. Del's guys got the heart of a champion if not the ability.  

He has made an incredible amount of money from being a plucky, go forward fighter with little ability. Fairplay retire.

9 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

The guy fury wants to fight ( Usyk ) isn’t ready until probably March - April next year. He wanted to stay busy and Chisora is a ticket seller in London despite being a serial loser. 

I’m not sure Fury wants to fight Usyk

11 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i only just realised it's at spurs ground...brave of them to stage an outdoor event in december!

Yeah i was there there was a lit of empty seats. 1st time ive been at spurs stadium its quite impressive but feels very "american" also has too many lights on the ring which was really annoying 

As fir the fight itself was like sparring fir fury he didnt want to hurt him right to stop it. Say what you what about chisora but he has more nalls thAn aj has

Woukdnt be suprised uf an opts for chisora next to try rebuilt his tattered boxing career

10 hours ago, tinker said:

For me the most interesting heavy weight fight would have to involve Joyce, either against Fury, AJ, Wilder or Usyk. I don't think it will go that way though, suspect Fury  v Usyk is a done deal. While AJ and Wilder will avoid Joyce like the plague. 

Wilder wouldn't avoid joyce at all. That woukd be a very interesting fight

• Like 1

This is a few weeks old so may have already been posted. The guy has always been weird but this is a hard watch. 

Looks like he’s really struggling after the death of his son. 

Edited by av1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wilder wouldn't avoid joyce at all. That woukd be a very interesting fight

He wouldn't be his first choice, it would test wilders chin and tbh I'm not convinced with it from what I have seen. Mind you Wilder may get to Joyce first and knock him out, I would pay to watch it though, in fact any fight with Joyce in it would be the one I wouldn't want to miss. 

For me Joyce is the most exciting fighter out of em all , stick him in against any of them and it wil be a great fight. AJ's fights are the ones I would most likely give a miss.

Â