The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

If the Fury Uysk fight doesn’t happen I think we can safely assume it’s because Fury bottled it, Usyk absolutely wants that fight.

You think fury is scated of uysk? Gimme a break man. Fury thought the most dangerous boxer in heavyweight boxing 3 times no chance will he "bottle" a fight vs usyk mate

1 minute ago, tinker said:

He wouldn't be his first choice, it would test wilders chin and tbh I'm not convinced with it from what I have seen. Mind you Wilder may get to Joyce first and knock him out, I would pay to watch it though, in fact any fight with Joyce in it would be the one I wouldn't want to miss. 

For me Joyce is the most exciting fighter out of em all , stick him in against any of them and it wil be a great fight. AJ's fights are the ones I would most likely give a miss.

Id be more excited by a wilder - joyce fight than uysk - fury fight

I went last night and have to say i was getting very bored. It wasnt a great fight but thats to be expected with the levels  of each

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Id be more excited by a wilder - joyce fight than uysk - fury fight

I went last night and have to say i was getting very bored. It wasnt a great fight but thats to be expected with the levels  of each

I watched it and agree, felt quite sorry for Del, like a punch bag.

The Dubois fight was a farce, ref was all ove the place.  Hes spouting off about fighting Joyce again, can't see that ending well for him. 

30 minutes ago, tinker said:

I watched it and agree, felt quite sorry for Del, like a punch bag.

The Dubois fight was a farce, ref was all ove the place.  Hes spouting off about fighting Joyce again, can't see that ending well for him. 

Dubois just looks like a poor mans dylian whyte. He would get destroyed by any of wilder joyce aj fury etc

23 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Quite looking forward to the Crawford fight, I just don't think it's the foregone conclusion some people it is. This opponent is hungry and determined, two very dangerous ingredients. 

I have it 60/40 

Avanesyan win would not surprise at all

• Like 1

On 04/12/2022 at 13:29, Demitri_C said:

Dubois just looks like a poor mans dylian whyte. He would get destroyed by any of wilder joyce aj fury etc

He's a new version of Frank Bruno, but not as good, and Frank (bless him), wasn't the greatest heavyweight. 

Joyce worries me - his main strength; that granite chin, isn't necessarily something that will help him in the long run.

Against the top performers in the division, his slightly ponderous style means that he's going to take a lot of big shots - now that doesn't mean that he might not be able to wear down some of those fighters or that it doesn't give him a chance in against them, he's a dogged, tough performer - but going into fights against the likes of Wilder with the aim of letting him punch himself out is how fighters end up mumbling and confused at fifty.

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Joyce worries me - his main strength; that granite chin, isn't necessarily something that will help him in the long run.

Against the top performers in the division, his slightly ponderous style means that he's going to take a lot of big shots - now that doesn't mean that he might not be able to wear down some of those fighters or that it doesn't give him a chance in against them, he's a dogged, tough performer - but going into fights against the likes of Wilder with the aim of letting him punch himself out is how fighters end up mumbling and confused at fifty.

He will get caught but the payoff is he lands shots as well and wilder has to be willing to take em toland em. Fury would probably be able to get in and out without getting to heavily caught and maybe Usyk as well, Wilder......I'm not to sure about. Even the thought of them two getting in the ring together is exciting though, far more exciting than Fury v Usyk.

I don't think Wilder will want the fight though, it's to risky for him 

I think Joyce is yet to be really tested against one of the top guys - Parker and Dubois are the big names on his record. He will absolutely want to get himself into a fight with a big name before he retires and he's only got maybe four fights left I think given his age.

It still amazes me that Joyce is only a month younger than Wilder and three years older than Fury, they feel like different generations.

For me, Usyk, Wilder and Fury would each put a real beating on him and win comfortably - AJ might be a good fight for Joyce, the chin could see him through the opening rounds and AJ is just meat once you get him past round 5 - but I can't see why Joshua would risk it.

It's a difficult situation - Joyce hasn't made the money he should have in his thirties and now finds himself needing a big fight for the sake of his career so much that he might have to negotiate a deal that's not the best for him in order to get himself that fight.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Maybe he's one of them, " I'll cross that bridge" guys. Too tough for his own good.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Joyce is yet to be really tested against one of the top guys - Parker and Dubois are the big names on his record. He will absolutely want to get himself into a fight with a big name before he retires and he's only got maybe four fights left I think given his age.

It still amazes me that Joyce is only a month younger than Wilder and three years older than Fury, they feel like different generations.

For me, Usyk, Wilder and Fury would each put a real beating on him and win comfortably - AJ might be a good fight for Joyce, the chin could see him through the opening rounds and AJ is just meat once you get him past round 5 - but I can't see why Joshua would risk it.

It's a difficult situation - Joyce hasn't made the money he should have in his thirties and now finds himself needing a big fight for the sake of his career so much that he might have to negotiate a deal that's not the best for him in order to get himself that fight.

Not for me, no way do I see Wilder beating Joyce. Joyce has a very high guard, and isn't foolish enough to hang that chin out for Wilder to hit. He would give both Fury and Usyk a fight, imo. They wouldn't find it easy to keep him at arms - length for 12 rd.

I've said it before, there's a reason why he's avoided.

Edited by sheepyvillian

Well I hope he gets the chance to prove it one way or another - personally I feel he's a level below those guys, but I'd like to see him get a chance to prove me wrong. I think it'd be a shame if he ended up with just a second fight against Dubois and then faded out.

• Like 2

Â