The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

25 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Shit fight, great knockout.

Can’t believe anyone’s calling that a soft hit, he clocked him right on the jaw and Whyte was gone.

Agree. Just because the glove glanced off doesn't mean it didn't catch him hard.

Gulf in class was huge, respect to both fighters but White had to make it a brawl it was his only chance.

White was only in there because Joshua wouldn't step up.

Lennox Lewis was the last Heavyweight fighter to hold the undisputed Championship, I wonder if Tyson Fury is interested to fight the winner of Usyk / Joshua.

He should be.

57 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Agree. Just because the glove glanced off doesn't mean it didn't catch him hard.

Thank God Ali Liston was never on BT box office

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Gulf in class was huge, respect to both fighters but White had to make it a brawl it was his only chance.

White was only in there because Joshua wouldn't step up.

Lennox Lewis was the last Heavyweight fighter to hold the undisputed Championship, I wonder if Tyson Fury is interested to fight the winner of Usyk / Joshua.

He should be.

I’m fairness to Whyte, he did deserve his shot more than anyone. WBC messing with him for 2 years when he was mandatory. At least  he’ll know right now he came up well short. He’s 35. 8 million richer. Can call it quits. 

Edited by Johnnyp

13 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I’m fairness to Whyte, he did deserve his shot more than anyone. WBC messing with him for 2 years when he was mandatory. At least  he’ll know right now he came up well short. He’s 35. 8 million richer. Can call it quits. 

Or become the new version of his best buddy Chisora. 

Much respect to the promotors for selling 94000 tickets and whatever PPV they got for that nothing card, how many social media wanna be types went just for their sm posts/likes, I wonder how many real fight fans went to that one. Games gone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Much respect to the promotors for selling 94000 tickets and whatever PPV they got for that nothing card, how many social media wanna be types went just for their sm posts/likes, I wonder how many real fight fans went to that one. Games gone. 

I tuned in during the fight before the main event and even that was boring. Its incredible they sold 94,000 tickets when even the main event was a foregone conclusion that went exactly as the majority predicted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I reckon wilders binding his time. Waiting for fury to retire then he will fancy his chances of clearing out the heavyweight division. 

Then Fury will come back and take it all back

Yes the only mark Fury had on him was from the headbutt. Probably one of the easiest fights hes had. I dont think Fury will fight again, only in exhibitions. Hes loaded, he is the only Heavy weight champion to remain undefeated apart from Rocky Marciano. The only reason boxers come out of retirement is because they need the money.  Would have liked to have seen the Fury v Joshua fight when Joshua held the other belts but that has gone. 

He might fight Francis Ngannou asap before he starts putting weight on, just for the money. Would have liked to see him fight Joshua before his stock started falling, he's just a busted flush now and wouldn't cope with Fury at all. If Fury wants to really thank the fans he'd stay in shape and fight Usyk.

Whyte was just in that for the money. which is why he fought so hard for his side of the purse, he knew he didn't have a chance. I said previous, wouldn't surprise me if it was sorted for the 6th, they were pally enough to sort something.

Fury will be back to fight AJ or Usyk, he loves the sport and loves the money.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Whyte was just in that for the money. which is why he fought so hard for his side of the purse, he knew he didn't have a chance. I said previous, wouldn't surprise me if it was sorted for the 6th, they were pally enough to sort something.

Fury will be back to fight AJ or Usyk, he loves the sport and loves the money.

A few have alluded to there possibly being something a bit iffy about the timing, Fury was talking to him a lot during the 5th, Fury was also talking to people outside the ring too, particularly when they were getting ready to start the 6th, surely there couldn't be anything a miss, not in boxing surely.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

A few have alluded to there possibly being something a bit iffy about the timing, Fury was talking to him a lot during the 5th, Fury was also talking to people outside the ring too, particularly when they were getting ready to start the 6th, surely there couldn't be anything a miss, not in boxing surely.

I thought it looked well dodgy at the time. 

Strange that MTK shut down the same week as the fight and lots of comments distancing the Fury camp from the Kinahan OCG. 

rigging it was probably the pay-off 😉 (pure guesswork on my behalf!) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Strange that MTK shut down the same week as the fight and lots of comments distancing the Fury camp from the Kinahan OCG. 

I think ye are reaching here lads. Fury regularly talks to opponents in the ring during the fight.. And ringside. He’s always done that. The closure of MTK happened on the heels of the CEO quitting and the week before the US putting sanctions on them so that was all going to accelerate quickly. Been fight week was purely coincidence in my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Could be, however, watch that uppercut from multi angles and that was a genuine shot, I'd add to this that there were less then 10 secs of that round left when he hit the ground. As with any conspiracy theory, we sound like clowns until it comes out, if ever.

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

I think ye are reaching here lads. Fury regularly talks to opponents in the ring during the fight.. And ringside. He’s always done that. The closure of MTK happened on the heels of the CEO quitting and the week before the US putting sanctions on them so that was all going to accelerate quickly. Been fight week was purely coincidence in my opinion. 

Sadly, Boxing has a rich history of cheating and manipulated results so it’s an easy reach to meet.

I’m only spitballing to be honest. 

• Like 1

Â