The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I assume this ‘rematch’ will be at super middle

For me, it's not the weight that's an issue, it's Father Time..

It really doesn't look good on Canelo waiting until now to give Triple G another fight. I just don't see how Triple G beats Canelo now. I mean, he took a body shot off Murata in the third rnd and you could see the grimace on his face. He even adjusted his stance to stretch the pain out. When have you seen Triple G looking like that ? As tough and as freakish as he is, those countless toe to toe wars along with the age thing are obviously going to have an adverse effect. I know Bernard Hopkins was fighting way past the 40 mark, but he didn't have to many wars and was a one off in terms of still being an elite fighter even in his forties.  

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

For me, it's not the weight that's an issue, it's Father Time..

It really doesn't look good on Canelo waiting until now to give Triple G another fight. I just don't see how Triple G beats Canelo now. I mean, he took a body shot off Murata in the third rnd and you could see the grimace on his face. He even adjusted his stance to stretch the pain out. When have you seen Triple G looking like that ? As tough and as freakish as he is, those countless toe to toe wars along with the age thing are obviously going to have an adverse effect. I know Bernard Hopkins was fighting way past the 40 mark, but he didn't have to many wars and was a one off in terms of still being an elite fighter even in his forties.  

Pretty much agree with all of that but the point I’m making is that even though the cards are stacked very firmly in his corner he will always want to make sure of any outside chance triple G has is nullified. He has endeavoured to do so in every encounter with the man, Waiting for him to get past what he considered was his prime, agreeing to the fight after the Jacobs performance et cetera

It’s like playing craps with a loaded dice

Edited by Follyfoot

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Pretty much agree with all of that but the point I’m making is that even though the cards are stacked very firmly in his corner he will always want to make sure of any outside chance triple G has is nullified. He has endeavoured to do so in every encounter with the man, Waiting for him to get past what he considered was his prime, agreeing to the fight after the Jacobs performance et cetera

It’s like playing craps with a loaded dice

Spot on.

10 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

And Sky Sports and any other media organisation who decided to deal with these murdering scumbags, blood money.

Did you see the documentary on him last year? 

13 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just seen Spence put a beatdown on Ugas. Quite ironic that it got stopped the way it did. 

I still don't think Connor Benn is ready for the top welterweights. Not with that defence.

Hearn talking about Broner as a possibility next. Interesting play

On 12/04/2022 at 09:03, Demitri_C said:

So who you backing next week?

For me fury wins late on ko 7 or 8th. Even povetkin hurt whyte so imagine what fury does to him.

I can’t see anything other than Fury win, inside 6 rounds.

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Surely gotta be Spence - Crawford next. Crawford not with top rank anymore, nothing stopping it from happening now. 

Oh isnt he? Thats great news as this is the biggest welterweight fight in years.

Ugar hurt spence at some stages in the fight which suggest crawford could hurt spence.

This is a very hard fight to predict 

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t see anything other than Fury win, inside 6 rounds.

I’m not so sure, IMO Whyte has a pretty good chin and Fury is not the destructive puncher he has been made out to be after the last 2 Wilder fights. Late stoppage with the volume of punches eventually wearing Whyte down or points win for Fury

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I’m not so sure, IMO Whyte has a pretty good chin and Fury is not the destructive puncher he has been made out to be after the last 2 Wilder fights. Late stoppage with the volume of punches eventually wearing Whyte down or points win for Fury

I don't think he has.  Parker and povetkin both hurt whyte.

I think this is a easy fight for fury. Funny how whytes not engaged in any pressers wuth fury. He must know that fury will get in his head

I think Fury-Whyte is a good solid fight. Joshua and Usyk aren’t available and Whyte absolutely deserves his shot at a world title. Might be interesting for a few rounds but id expect Fury to beat him up down the stretch. 

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just seen Spence put a beatdown on Ugas. Quite ironic that it got stopped the way it did. 

I still don't think Connor Benn is ready for the top welterweights. Not with that defence.

I think Spence - Crawford is the fight everyone wants to see. It needs to happen this year. We’ll then have one man with the 4 belts and as is often the case, fighter will move up, can’t fulfill his mandatories and the belts become scattered again. Benn in fairness to him is probably in that crop of welterweights that are in the running to take over when Spence and Crawford move on. Along with Ennis and Ortiz. Eddie making up some bullshit excuses for Benn to not fight Avanesyan. Would do Benn good to fight Avanesyan. It’s a fight he could lose, against a puncher and he won’t blow Avanesyan away. Doing him more harm than good giving him soft touches , because he won’t know what to do when he hits a sticky patch when he jumps to world level. 

• Like 1

Â