The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Wilder or AJ will never beat a fit Fury , they have the long shot at a knock down.

Fury when hes as fit as he was this morning is one of the best heavy weight fighters ever. He changed his technique in that fight and Wilder looked like a novice and hes a great fighter , where does that put Fury? 

Wilder a great fighter ? He has great one punch knock out power granted but his best victory is against Luiz Ortiz and he was outboxed in that one too.He has no real boxing skill this loss ( and he should of lost the orginal fight ) comes about from years of his team putting nobodies in front of him so he could retain the WBC belt.

I'm sure Fury /AJ will happen now as its the only fight that makes sense to make , AJ will likely be forced to drop a belt to get out of the Pulev fight but the WBC belt and size of the fight against Fury makes it worth it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Wilder a great fighter ? He has great one punch knock out power granted but his best victory is against Luiz Ortiz and he was outboxed in that one too.He has no real boxing skill this loss ( and he should of lost the orginal fight ) comes about from years of his team putting nobodies in front of him so he could retain the WBC belt.

I'm sure Fury /AJ will happen now as its the only fight that makes sense to make , AJ will likely be forced to drop a belt to get out of the Pulev fight but the WBC belt and size of the fight against Fury makes it worth it.

Let's not go down this road now of " ah wilder wasn't that good anyway " AFTER the event. He was a very good world champion. Yes you could say that his biggest asset was his equalizer in his right hand but if he isn't that good then what happened to him last night should of happened him a long time ago. I mean, his power didn't go missing last night. It was there. Fury walked him down, positionally put him places in the ring he didn't want to be and just outclassed him. It was a great win.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Nabby said:

What helps is that Arum, Fury's promoter, is also Pulev's. Could work something out.

21 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Let's not go down this road now of " ah wilder wasn't that good anyway " AFTER the event. He was a very good world champion. Yes you could say that his biggest asset was his equalizer in his right hand but if he isn't that good then what happened to him last night should of happened him a long time ago. I mean, his power didn't go missing last night. It was there. Fury walked him down, positionally put him places in the ring he didn't want to be and just outclassed him. It was a great win.

I have never rated him long before last night , what happened last night didn't happen before as he didn't fight anyone of any talent he avoided the likes of Dillian Whyte for one. He has a rematch clause with Fury I expect him to take it as he will still feel with one punch he can get a win and in terms of a pay day its his best option .So will be Fury/Wilder 3 and AJ/Pulev this year.

Next interesting HW fight will be Dubois / Joyce in April 

Talksport spoke to Eddie Hearn and Frank Warren yesterday and played some snippets this morning.

As you'd expect, both saying they want to sort the fight out.

Eddie was saying that about a year ago Fury was offered a 60/40 split (I assume in favour of AJ) but he decided to fight Wilder instead. Reading between the lines I think the suggestion is that this is also the current offer.

Warren was saying that he wants to do a deal and Fury wants 50/50. He also said he didn't want AJ to have another fight first as if he gets knocked out it'll ruin the unification chances (and reduce the purse too I imagine).

I think 50/50 is more than fair from Fury's side given he's the main man now and AJ's reputation is damaged following the 2 fights with Ruiz.

It feels like the ball is in EH/AJ court. Are they going to be greedy, or ask for too much to avoid making the fight?

Has to be 50/50, Fury is as big if not bigger now in terms of his current stock.

He’s also clearly the better boxer and likely to walk off with all (available) belts.

Wouldnt be surprised to see AJ and Hearn dodge this one until Fury has some form of mental breakdown (which, let’s face it is a real possibility), at the moment he’s far too much of a danger to AJ’s legacy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wouldnt be surprised to see AJ and Hearn dodge this one

I agree, I could see Hearn refusing to budge from 60/40 to avoid it happening.

Not sure if Fury will take it out of impatience if he wants to get the fight done and then retire again.

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Has to be 50/50, Fury is as big if not bigger now in terms of his current stock.

He’s also clearly the better boxer and likely to walk off with all (available) belts.

Wouldnt be surprised to see AJ and Hearn dodge this one until Fury has some form of mental breakdown (which, let’s face it is a real possibility), at the moment he’s far too much of a danger to AJ’s legacy.

I'd see Joshua get Ruiz'd again before that happens. Joshua actually really needs to fight Fury. Imagine Fury going off the rails again and Joshua picking up another vacant title(s) like the first time. He'd have no credibility. Secondly, does Hearn truly believe Joshua can navigate through Pulev and Usyk before a Fury fight. If Wilder doesn't want to do it again ( he might not, that was mentally and physically a beat down ) Fury - Joshua can happen in the summer.

On 27/05/2010 at 22:29, rjw63 said:

I was sceptical about Haye due to his size, but I think he'll beat anyone who's out there

This young Bellew fella looks dangerous and could give Haye problems in 8 years or so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

If you go back a few years in this thread it's amazing how opinions on boxers fluctuate so much, especially Fury

It's amazing we had people scratching around for Audley Harrison streams !🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Yerp.

Was supposed to be in Ebbw Vale doing kitchen surveys but they were cancelled due to South Wales being really moist.

Oh yes, I was there Thursday to Sunday. Wetter than Sharon Davies' gusset

• Like 1

Â