The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

• 1 month later...

Sorry for spamming this thread with MTK/Kinahan stuff but he has had an hilarious propaganda piece made now too.

A pretty penny spent to push a bizarre conspiracy theory but I suppose the plan is to create a profile big enough to wash away his image as a mass murdering druglord.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Think fury and aj need to worry about their next fights before announcing their deals. Bit of arrogance from both

Been the downfall of many a good fighter

• Like 1

Watched the Fury Wilder fight again and picked up Wilder's trainer was Mark Breland which got me to watch his hammering of Honeyghan, which in turn got me to watch all Lloyd's title fights including twatting Johnny Bumphuss (who died this year) on his stool at the start of the 2nd and back to the job he did on Don 'the cobra' Curry' (arguably the best away performance of any British boxer ) Well worth a revisit. The only thing I would say about Honeyghan is that he dodged Kirkland Laing (who beat Roberto Duran) at domestic level, a bit like the Hatton and Witter situation 

On 11/06/2020 at 13:16, Follyfoot said:

Watched the Fury Wilder fight again and picked up Wilder's trainer was Mark Breland which got me to watch his hammering of Honeyghan, which in turn got me to watch all Lloyd's title fights including twatting Johnny Bumphuss (who died this year) on his stool at the start of the 2nd and back to the job he did on Don 'the cobra' Curry' (arguably the best away performance of any British boxer ) Well worth a revisit. The only thing I would say about Honeyghan is that he dodged Kirkland Laing (who beat Roberto Duran) at domestic level, a bit like the Hatton and Witter situation 

No shame in avoiding Kirkland, when he was on point he was a nightmare for any opponent. 

I remember Colin Jones beating him twice and I believe it was by knockout both times in exactly the same round. That's the danger of boxing with your hands down .

As for the " ragamuffin man ", that Curry, beatdown cemented his legacy for all time. Undoubtedly ,one of the greatest sporting achievements by a British boxer ever. If you want to know how good Curry was, go and watch his demolition of Colin Jones  and Milton McCrory. The man looked, at that time, almost invincible. 

Truly, some feat by Honeyghan. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

I agree Curry did look unbeatable, If I recall he admitted having problems making the weight after the Honeyghan fight and moved up to super welterweight/light middle. Was never the same again. I understand Honeyghan not wanting to fight Laing But it would’ve made for a great domestic dust off. Allegedly Laing used to smoke a bit of the herb before fights Which might explain his up-and-down performance levels

Edited by Follyfoot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Â