The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

• 2 weeks later...

Galahad got done on workrate. Feel for him but his style is never one which wins tight decisions, especially away from home against a raucous crowd. 

Fury looked great. Opposition wasn't up to much but if this was supposed to be an introduction to a new audience then he'll be very happy with how things went. 

I really don't like Warrington, a powder puff puncher who is begging to get taken out with his come forward style, Galahad was robbed. Fury looked spectacular but against an absolute bum, very smart fight for him, especially after Joshua's destruction, Fury got to showcase his skills and look not only very good but very unique too.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Complete and utter masterclass from fury. Enough bums now fury aj or wilder next

He’ll have one more fight and then have Wilder. Wilder already has Ortiz lined up. AJ has his rematch. 

Don’t think it will happen, but Fury Whyte  would be a good one next.

Edited by mikeyp102

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’ll have one more fight and then have Wilder. Wilder already has Ortiz lined up. AJ has his rematch. 

Don’t think it will happen, but Fury Whyte  would be a good one next.

Yeah good shout but for them both it's a bad fight as loser will just fizzle out the title scene.

I think fury might fight usyk or another up and coming fighter.

Then wilder -fury. Fury is looking close to his best. If wilder found it hard the first fughtvto land on him the rematch he will find it even harder. Fury is going to give wilder a complete lesson in boxing.

Such a shame this next wave of super fights are likely to all be stateside. I guess AJ will scuttle back to the UK for his rematch then be back in the US for a big fight.

I am a very casual boxing fan, only watch the big events and I’d do midnight / 1am start but not 3/4am.

• Like 1

I’ve really warmed to Fury. I used to think he was just a God Bothering, Pikey, with questionable views. 

I’m sure he still holds some of those views, but I find him fascinating to listen to when he talks about boxing and Mental Health issues. His honesty and insight is really interesting to listen to. He overplays the ‘I’m not bad for a fat lad’ spiel a bit, but other than that he’s easily the most interesting character in the division, especially compared to Joshua who talks like he’s swallowed a book of shite motivational quotes you see on office posters. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 3

You should check out the Briedis vs Glowacki fight, it's in my top 5 biggest disgraces that I've witnessed in all my years watching the sport. Briedis deserves a suspension/fine and Robert Byrd should never referee again.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

You have to respect fury for what he has overcome and bounced back. I respect him for being open and honest about his mental health issues.

Hoping it encourages others to do the same so we have a new way of dealing with mental health showing what can be achieved. 

Hope he unifies the division.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You should check out the Briedis vs Glowacki fight, it's in my top 5 biggest disgraces that I've witnessed in all my years watching the sport. Briedis deserves a suspension/fine and Robert Byrd should never referee again.

I have just watched that. What a **** farce, Robert Byrd is either deaf and blind or cashing a cheque this morning

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Just watched it - either of those things on their own would be disgraceful, but together they're juts bizarre.

Â