• Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Downing

Here we go, Heskey for Luke Young.:(

:lol:

Well spotted.

I have no problem with what I posted.

Would you care to explain why you have or is the aftermath of every game just a chance for some posters on here (in this case you) to have a dig at other posters?

Who cares really? A point is a point, I didn't go and waste my time watching it, happy days all around.

Oh and in answering how on earth can someone vote Petrov MOTM? Here's my answer.

Maybe, just maybe, they don't really care and fancy winding some people up....

The wife and I cast the first 2 votes :lol:

see what happens when you use your subs mon?

I'm pretty sure he knows what his subs to do. Aint MON the bloke that bought on Heskey to set up the goal against Wolves, or the one that bought Carew on to score past Everton? Don't understand comments on here at times. :?

2 People votes for Petrov for Man of the match :lol:

have Mon and Petrov got their phones out in the dressing room?

We know your point of view and you are entitled to it but dear me I've never heard someone say same thing so much.

This

Making up for the constant critiscism of Sidwell but not Petrov. It just fustrates that a player who does absolutely **** all still gets praise. He was abysmal today and did absolutely nothing both attacking and defensively yet I'm the only person who actually has said this. Do people just turn a blind eye to his performances and instead critisicse others? I mean for **** sake, he's got 6 man of the match votes and he was dreadful?

I just don't understand why we didn't keep the same team as a 5-1 win.

He made some tackles, interceptions and played a 50 yard diagonal to Ash in 1st half and a 40 yard pass to Carew in second. He didn't have a great game but he was average today, just like NRC vs. Bolton. I have no idea how you can praise NRC and yet think Petrov was abysmal today.

Because Petrov defensively was taken on so many times today, the amount of times in the first half, someone went past him then you see him walking back is unbelievable. He touched the ball about 5 times in the first half and when our full backs get on the ball, shouldn't he be demanding the ball and playing passes forward to create things, which is what he's meant to do. He doesn't do it regularly enough, You say Reo-Coker is average but what do you epxect him to do, he's a driving midfielder who won alot of 50/50's, won alot of second balls, was first to the ball, stopped attacks regularely, noone ever really gets passed him in the middle.

Did you notice the result last week and the result in games Petrov has played in a 4-4-2? Regularly were dropping points and regularly because we get played through in the midfield. That doesn't happen with Reo-Coker.

Honestly even the person from BRMB said what does Petrov to do.

How many attacks more does NRC stop than Petrov? NRC makes has 4-5 won tackles per match and Petrov has about 3-4, on top of that Petrov is one of the best in the league for intercepting passes.

You are really exaggerating how many times people run past Petrov. How many times exactly do you think it happened in 1st half? I can see a replay of the game later and count it actually.

And players do go past NRC as well. Although he's easily better at covering runners than Petrov he's not some sort of a superman, did you watch 07/08 at all when our defense was under all sorts of pressure in every match? I could even see it vs Bolton.

Add to that how NRC loses the ball a couple more times per game and makes worse passing decisions and weighs his passes poorly so that even when they are completed the receiver is under pressure.

Overall they both have their uses and weaknesses but to me Petrov is a bit better footballer, I really can't understand how you can think there is some sort of a gulf in performance between the two.

see what happens when you use your subs mon?

I'm pretty sure he knows what his subs to do. Aint MON the bloke that bought on Heskey to set up the goal against Wolves, or the one that bought Carew on to score past Everton? Don't understand comments on here at times. :?

The manager's changes at Sundrewz also seemed to be quite crucial to the outcome.

Well Reo-Coker isn't just about tackles, he's also about getting into people's faces and forcing players to make rash decisions on the ball, something Petrov doesn't do, because he rarely ever presses a player, he stands deep and let them come to him before they move the ball on but when he does get close, I saw in a 10 mintue spell 2/3 times a midfielder go past him and then him just walking back while someone else covered 20 yards to get back and make a tackle.

Our better results come when Reo-Coker plays, it's a simple fact. In a 4-4-2, Petrov has never been good with any partner, Barry, Delph, Sidwell. All 3 when he's played with them in a 4-4-2, he's never had a success. That's because all Petrov does do is pass the ball, if he scores goals and created goals then it wouldn't matter as much as he's actually doing something in the final third of the pitch but the fact is, defensively he's quite poor which people accepted at the start of the season, then now they realise he actually never controls or dictates a game, now they see defensively he's good. He's just a really average Gareth Barry.

i'm not saying i thought it was a genius decision that would work without fail but it's ridiculous to get so worked up about things before they happen.

I wouldn't class my comment of "Heskey on, Luke Young off, hahahaha" as getting "worked up".

In fact I just thought it was amusing.

Still, if ye want to lump everyone into the same bracket............

so, anyone interested in giving a few match reactions and ratings then, or shall we bicker like schoolgirls all evening?

warnock mom for us again today - i think he is class and probably the best signing mon has made in his time at villa.

defensively he's quite poor which people accepted at the start of the season, then now they realise he actually never controls or dictates a game, now they see defensively he's good. He's just a really average Gareth Barry.

What? Who on earth has thought Petrov is defensively poor? His defensive play combined with not wasting the ball is the whole reason he won player of the year last year for gods sake.

Absolutely rubbish. MON is a disgrace, really needs sacking, a total abortion of a selection. Why NRC - the pettiness must end now.

Carew was anonymous. We should've played 451, Carew did well vs Bolton but has been terrible the rest of the season - he should earn a place. 451 all the way - if he wants to play Carew, fine, but must therefore drop one of milner , Young or Gabs.

Wolves Away, Wigan at home, Blackburn away, today, West Ham away - we've accumulated 2 points out of 15 - that's due to retarded tactics - I've said it before and I'll say it again why beat Liverpool and Chelsea when you can't beat this dross. If we'd have played 451 with NRC in the centre - we'd have mostly have won. if we're struggling then go 442.

We'll never acheive anything with him in charge. |He's done well - but enough is enough - the performance was predictable from 14:00

Absolutely rubbish. MON is a disgrace, really needs sacking, a total abortion of a selection. Why NRC - the pettiness must end now.

Carew was anonymous. We should've played 451, Carew did well vs Bolton but has been terrible the rest of the season - he should earn a place. 451 all the way - if he wants to play Carew, fine, but must therefore drop one of milner , Young or Gabs.

Wolves Away, Wigan at home, Blackburn away, today, West Ham away - we've accumulated 2 points out of 15 - that's due to retarded tactics - I've said it before and I'll say it again why beat Liverpool and Chelsea when you can't beat this dross. If we'd have played 451 with NRC in the centre - we'd have mostly have won. if we're struggling then go 442.

We'll never acheive anything with him in charge. |He's done well - but enough is enough - the performance was predictable from 14:00

Are you joking? I couldn't tell

defensively he's quite poor which people accepted at the start of the season, then now they realise he actually never controls or dictates a game, now they see defensively he's good. He's just a really average Gareth Barry.

What? Who on earth has thought Petrov is defensively poor? His defensive play combined with not wasting the ball is the whole reason he won player of the year last year for gods sake.

Yeah he's good zonally marking, last year he just dropped in front of the defence and intercepted passes, physically that's not hard and requires a good brain, which Petrov has, and then he didn't waste the ball and picked good passes to our extra men in the midfield. A perfect position for him.

But He's playing in a 4-4-2 where you need to get tight to your man in the midfield which he's not very good at doing, He drops off their midfield far too much which allows the opposition to carry the ball forward and put pressure on us. He needs to get into their faces, run around more but physically he's not capable of doing that for 90 minutes. The amount of time teams have when they play against Petrov is stupid because he doesn't like to close people down, he invites pressure.