• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Downing

2 People votes for Petrov for Man of the match :lol:

have Mon and Petrov got their phones out in the dressing room?

We know your point of view and you are entitled to it but dear me I've never heard someone say same thing so much.

This

:lol: i'm not saying i thought it was a genius decision that would work without fail but it's ridiculous to get so worked up about things before they happen.

being generous, it has a 90% chance of failure...

I agree but I don't see the point in getting angry with the decision before it's had a chance to fail.

We know your point of view and you are entitled to it but dear me I've never heard someone say same thing so much.

This

Making up for the constant critiscism of Sidwell but not Petrov. It just fustrates that a player who does absolutely **** all still gets praise. He was abysmal today and did absolutely nothing both attacking and defensively yet I'm the only person who actually has said this. Do people just turn a blind eye to his performances and instead critisicse others? I mean for **** sake, he's got 6 man of the match votes and he was dreadful?

I just don't understand why we didn't keep the same team as a 5-1 win.

This

Making up for the constant critiscism of Sidwell but not Petrov. It just fustrates that a player who does absolutely **** all still gets praise. He was abysmal today and did absolutely nothing both attacking and defensively yet I'm the only person who actually has said this. Do people just turn a blind eye to his performances and instead critisicse others? I mean for **** sake, he's got 6 man of the match votes and he was dreadful?

We get it! I beg of you, please stop going on about Petrov/Reo-Coker/451.

You are a constant broken record.

This

You can quote 'This' at him but he's making a valid point. Maybe you could add something constructive instead of pointing out how often he's posted something. Petrov and Sidwell were both poor today, how Petrov gets MOTM votes is beyond me IMO.

This

He made some tackles, interceptions and played a 50 yard diagonal to Ash in 1st half and a 40 yard pass to Carew in second. He didn't have a great game but he was average today, just like NRC vs. Bolton. I have no idea how you can praise NRC and yet think Petrov was abysmal today.

Friedel 6 - Poor decision for the goal but made some good saves

Warnock 6 - Steady

L Young 6 - Steady

Dunne 6 - Steady but a poor booking, they are going to rack up

Cuellar 6 - Looked comfortable

A Young 5 - Very poor. He's walking into the team at the moment.

Milner 6 - A least put in some effort, which was to be expected

Sidwell 3 - Shambles. He offers us nothing.

Petrov 4 - Shocking performance from our "captain", he was shite!

Carew 5 - Went back to his old lazy ways but can't be totally blamed.

Agbonlahor 6 - Unlucky with the chance but could'nt get in the game.

Subs

Downing 7 - Excellent cameo from Stewart who changed the game.

Heskey 7 - Fantastic to grab a goal, will do wonders as he's a confidence player.

MON 5 - Team selection woeful, but at least took the risk with Downing that I was'nt expecting, and it changed the game. Wish he would do it more often.

Ashley really needs to be dropped and to EARN his place in this team. He has'nt played at all well this season. NRC must be drafting his transfer request as we speak as Sidwell is NOT good enough for Aston Villa FC. Petrov should be stripped of the captaincy on that performance, give it to Dunney. All he did was walk around, point, pass sideways and give the ball away. Offered no leadership or attacking threat.

We have too many fair weather players who go from world beaters one game to absolute pony the next. We can't let our position fool us, it was a very poor performance and I expect much better. We can't play like this against Spurs, they will crucify us.

This

I said this to him yesterday and he didn't listen, doubt he will today.

This

Yes, but I think what he's trying to say that even though it was a satisfactory result today, it's hard to understand why Reo-Coker didn't make the team and that MON's stubborness has cost us again with regard to the former West Ham man.

This

He made some tackles, interceptions and played a 50 yard diagonal to Ash in 1st half and a 40 yard pass to Carew in second. He didn't have a great game but he was average today, just like NRC vs. Bolton. I have no idea how you can praise NRC and yet think Petrov was abysmal today.

Because Petrov defensively was taken on so many times today, the amount of times in the first half, someone went past him then you see him walking back is unbelievable. He touched the ball about 5 times in the first half and when our full backs get on the ball, shouldn't he be demanding the ball and playing passes forward to create things, which is what he's meant to do. He doesn't do it regularly enough, You say Reo-Coker is average but what do you epxect him to do, he's a driving midfielder who won alot of 50/50's, won alot of second balls, was first to the ball, stopped attacks regularely, noone ever really gets passed him in the middle.

Did you notice the result last week and the result in games Petrov has played in a 4-4-2? Regularly were dropping points and regularly because we get played through in the midfield. That doesn't happen with Reo-Coker.

Honestly even the person from BRMB said what does Petrov to do.

Who cares really? A point is a point, I didn't go and waste my time watching it, happy days all around.

Oh and in answering how on earth can someone vote Petrov MOTM? Here's my answer.

Maybe, just maybe, they don't really care and fancy winding some people up....

Who cares really? A point is a point, I didn't go and waste my time watching it, happy days all around.

Oh and in answering how on earth can someone vote Petrov MOTM? Here's my answer.

Maybe, just maybe, they don't really care and fancy winding some people up....

:nod:

This

I said this to him yesterday and he didn't listen, doubt he will today.

You told me to wait and enjoy the match, I watched the match and I was exactly right, it was 1-1 and we were poor and get passed through the midfield. It was unbelievably obvious and that's why I posted before the game. I care about Villa getting 3 points and when were picking a weakened team game in, game out. It fustrates me.