• Sidwell
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Downing

not an excuse but looking at the results today an it looks like the weather has played havoc and used to advantage by the home teams. in the prem and championship no away team won.

We got a point at a hard ground to win at, havnt seen the game but it sounds like we played poor, but we can take away a point, downing getting some minutes under his belt and hesky scoring

UTV!

Shocking effort. Whilst he got the goal, what the hell was Heskey doing being put at RB?

Some of these decisions are baffling.

He came on for a right back you fool, doesn't mean he played there.

Its what sides do when they're losing, take off a defender for a striker, its called throwing the kitchen sink

Just looked at their goal and it seemed to me that the number 5 who jumped with Cadwell for the goal was offside when freekick was taken. Just wondering if anyone else noticed it as he was interfering with play.

Very poor 1st half; improved in the 2nd half and probably deserved a point. Never been much of a fam of Petrov and again it showed why. Not blaming him for overall poor performance but he doesn't give us the drive we need from center midfield.

Happy for Heskey and we are sitting 4th. Somehow. :D

Chuffed Heskey scored at last, but a piss poor display from the rest of the team.

Sidwell in particular looks a very very poor player, I've seen nothing from him since he came to our club to suggest otherwise, a liability at best. Sorry Sidders but I can't wait for you to be shipped out of VP.

More than happy Downing's going to be in contention for a place, that will give us a lot more options.

Extremely disappointed. I'm really sick to my belly that we struggle so hard against teams of lesser stature. We are inconsistent and you can never, ever rest assured that the lads will give their all. Today, for the first time, I feel we have a squad of overpaid ****-heaps that should be lashed into shape and penalized with a six month pay reduction. rocket polishers the **** the lot of them.

Surly heskey will go from shit player to hero now

Nobody is a hero at Villa. Every member of staff, playing or backroom, is shite.

Really?

Walking in a Heskey Wonderland!!!

Shocking effort. Whilst he got the goal, what the hell was Heskey doing being put at RB?

At least watch the match if you are going to commentate, Heskey was never at RB. Baffling.

FT 1-1

totally undeserved. pleased we raped them off a point, but utterly disgusted by the nature of the match, which was just woeful.

paper. cracks. stan and sidwell in the centre.

Nigel Reo Coker :rant:

no goddamn consistency.

no doubt this will be feted as a great point by some, despite the complete jamminess of it. 4-5-1 and petro or 4-4-2 and Nigel - it's that **** simple and the results bear that out. **** woeful day at the office for that favouritist employed as manager.

i should be content with a point, but the performance was just so ball achingly awful, I just feel embarrassed and sad for burnley.

Its what sides do when they're losing, take off a defender for a striker, its called throwing the kitchen sink

I couldn't watch the match you clearing in the woods, and I read on the forum he was at RB.

At least watch the match if you are going to commentate, Heskey was never at RB. Baffling.

But he came on for Luke Young, so how does that work?

MON and his ridiculous, baffling tactics.

My previous post:

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we're level, even though we don't deserve it at all, but it would serve a fantastic lesson to our prima donna squad that we can't just turn up and get a result. We can't even turn up and play at 70% and get a result.

It should be drilled into their heads until they play every game with 100% dedication, intensity and workrate. At least if we lose while we're actually trying, we'll lose with some **** dignity and be able to truthfully say that they're a better team than us.

To quote my drum tutor, "Play hard or go home."

With some ratings attached;

Friedel - Meh 6

L Young - Not outstanding, but no major dramas - 6

Cuellar - Seemed either scared of the ball or forgotten how to deal with it - 5

Dunne - Same as Cuellar. Dropped eachother in it a few times today - 5

Warnock - Not great, not bad - 6

Petrov - Get back NRC - 4

Sidwell - Burnley's Agent Sidwell did his Ninja impression all game, except to expertly clear a great cross and golden opportunity - 4

Milner - Didn't have his best boots on today? - 5

A Young - Same as Milner, great little chip to almost set up Milner near the end though - 6

Carew - Lazy, no service though - 5

Gabby - No service, no real chances except the route one hoof he was unlucky with - 6

Subs:

Downing - Didnt see much of him, but had a decent free kick. Wasn't expecting much off the lad anyway to be fair - 6

Heskey - Every donkey has his day, aye? ;) - 7

MON - Easy to criticise him for no changes at half time, but we don't have players morales to to take into account. He has to show faith in his squad. Should have started NRC. And should have gone 4-5-1 from the start. Great calls to bring on Heskey and Downing though - 5

Better second half than a horrible first half. Not many teams have gotten away with a point away at Burnley, so we must have done something right.

Think Gabby should have scored when he was alone vs the keeper, and also think Milner should have shot directly when he was through under pressure.

I couldn't watch the match you clearing in the woods, and I read on the forum he was at RB.

:lol: i've read a lot of things on this forum that i wouldn't take seriously.

4th place with a clueless manager and some shit players, how do we do it?