• Sidwell
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Downing

I think it's a disgrace NRC didn't start, let alone come on.

He's hardly been that good in a Villa shirt to warrant such adulation.

He's just capatained a side that won 5-1, their biggest win in over a year.

He's started 4 games this season, we've won all 4.

He can't get a game while no other midfielders in our team are excelling, It's not as if are midfielders are brilliant but we're not getting the results, none of our midfielders are putting in consistantly good performances, so surely he at least deserves a go to make a position his own, well I suppose he did last week but I suppose winning 5-1 and being captain just isn't enough

What else is he meant to do.

Stats can be manipulated to suit any argument. For instance, in the Blues game it wasn't till NRC was substituted that we scored the only goal of the game, so his contribution to that win is debatable. And that's just from the top of my head.

NRC isn't a bad player, but this adulation and hysterical calls for him to be picked is just baffling. He's done nothing in a Villa shirt to justify it.

I think that some Villa fans with an agenda are using it as a convenient stick to beat O'Neill with.

Its not adulation. Just from what I have seen this season the whole team functions better with him being there.

Simple as that.

Lexicon, I'm a huge supporter of O'Neill and always have been, but why can't I critisice selections which obviously aren't working, we've started 4-5-1 twice this season away from home, won 2. We've started 4-4-2 away from home 5 times and won 0. He has the potential to be one of the greatest managers around but he's fustrating the hell out of me by simply making wrong decisions. It's that simple, I'm personally annoyed at the line up today after such a positive result 2 weeks ago.

You can bitch/criticise all you want, it's not going to change anything. We ground out a point against a team with a fantastic home record without playing well, those are the important facts. Rest assured, MON knows better than you or anyone else here - just leave him be and be happy we're 4th.

What's the point of being on this site then, if we have to agree with everything he does? If you actually saw my posts in the summer, the amount of defending I had to do, because I think transfer wise he gets so much critisisicm, when he constantly brings in top class players and his motivation is top class but his tactics have me baffling and always wondering what if, I'm questioning those, if we can't do that, there wouldn't be a VillaTalk.

Change the bloody record.

Sorry. Yeah everything is perfect, every decision is right and it's impossible to do any better than we have been doing. Petrov is basically brilliant while Reo-Coker despite facts is actually just a non league player.

Did he say that? No.

I think he was pointing out that, in recent memory, the majority of your posts on Villa have revolved around one thing, your uncomplimentary opinion of Petrov.

Change the bloody record.

Sorry. Yeah everything is perfect, every decision is right and it's impossible to do any better than we have been doing. Petrov is basically brilliant while Reo-Coker despite facts is actually just a non league player.

Did he say that? No.

I think he was pointing out that, in recent memory, the majority of your posts on Villa have revolved around one thing, your uncomplimentary opinion of Petrov.

Only thing I disagree with about Villa at the moment and disagree strongly, anyway people respond to my comments, perhaps if people ignored my points then I wouldn't have to write back. Apart from Petrov being a regular in the team, I think everything else is actually very good, maybe we should go 4-5-1 away from home more often, that's it really.

Lexicon, I'm a huge supporter of O'Neill and always have been, but why can't I critisice selections which obviously aren't working, we've started 4-5-1 twice this season away from home, won 2. We've started 4-4-2 away from home 5 times and won 0. He has the potential to be one of the greatest managers around but he's fustrating the hell out of me by simply making wrong decisions. It's that simple, I'm personally annoyed at the line up today after such a positive result 2 weeks ago.

You can bitch/criticise all you want, it's not going to change anything. We ground out a point against a team with a fantastic home record without playing well, those are the important facts. Rest assured, MON knows better than you or anyone else here - just leave him be and be happy we're 4th.

What's the point of being on this site then, if we have to agree with everything he does? If you actually saw my posts in the summer, the amount of defending I had to do, because I think transfer wise he gets so much critisisicm, when he constantly brings in top class players and his motivation is top class but his tactics have me baffling and always wondering what if, I'm questioning those, if we can't do that, there wouldn't be a VillaTalk.

obama_applause.gif

Although my initial reaction on seeing the result (bearing in mind I didn't watch the game) was along the lines of "Christ, we can beat Chelsea and Liverpool and can't beat Burnley?", after reading 11 pages of how bad we allegedly were, I'm looking at it like this; solid point away from home at a tough place to get a result, whilst playing like toss.

We can't win every game folks, as frustrating as it is to play badly at least we seem to get something from games when we do.

I'm delighted with a point to be honest. Burnley were in control of this game for so long, we didn't have the ability to retain the ball or create any clear cut chances. I was really disappointed with the midfield, no innovation, none at all. Fair play to Heskey for getting the goal. He was MOTM IMO

I was upset with the changing of the side after by far our best performance of the season, i dont think Petrov is good enough to be undroppable or step straight back into the team after said performance.

But a decentish point.

NRC isn't a bad player, but this adulation and hysterical calls for him to be picked is just baffling. He's done nothing in a Villa shirt to justify it.

I think that some Villa fans with an agenda are using it as a convenient stick to beat O'Neill with.

I think you answered your own question there. Correctly.

Don't really think so, I'm a big O'Neill fan and always have been but I just think Reo-Coker is the midfielder that suits us most, that simple really. :)

I do think some people on here do perhaps think just because you critisicse a decision all of a sudden think you dislike Villa and the manager.

Although my initial reaction on seeing the result (bearing in mind I didn't watch the game) was along the lines of "Christ, we can beat Chelsea and Liverpool and can't beat Burnley?", after reading 11 pages of how bad we allegedly were, I'm looking at it like this; solid point away from home at a tough place to get a result, whilst playing like toss.

We can't win every game folks, as frustrating as it is to play badly at least we seem to get something from games when we do.

Fair comment. We played poorly, apparently (I didn't see it), but came away with a better result than any team bar one who's played there this season, moved up the table, lost no points to our immediate competitors and gained on one the Arse, and yet the site reads like a **** car crash.

Don't really think so, I'm a big O'Neill fan and always have been but I just think Reo-Coker is the midfielder that suits us most, that simple really. :)

I do think some people on here do perhaps think just because you critisicse a decision all of a sudden think you dislike Villa and the manager.

Well, you speak for yourself, and that's fair enough. But I've read enough posts on the whole NRC saga to be very clear that for some people, promoting the claims of NRC to play/start/be captain/have MON wash his kit is very much bound up with another agenda. (He said, darkly).

Didn't manage to watch the game but listened to what Phil Thompson was saying on Soccer Saturday for the last 20 minutes of the match. By the sounds of it the performance was probably equal to Wigan... but I'm very pleased we scraped out of this with a draw which is OK, but it's the manner of the performance that disappoints me, not the result itself.

Did Downing really come on and make an appearence from the bench? How did he get on?