General Chat

Stevo985

Good. You see I'm not a violent man, but this started a couple of weeks ago. I was listening to Kermode on Radio 5 when he

and it left me somewhat curious. I had never heard of Fred before and I thought there is no way on Earth that Fred can be as big a prick as he is described as being in the review. So I decided to so some research. I cant really find words to describe just how much the very existence of Fred annoys me. The fact that he appears to be making money out of it is the icing on the cake, but that doesnt bother me as much as the fact that the bloke breathes air. If you havent heard of him then allow me to link three clips of Fred*.

1]

(actually, its not random its the one that autoplays when you go to his channel so its the one he wants people to see.)

2]

3]

Now he is played by a guy called Lucas Cruikshank. I understand Lucas Cruikshank is 17 years old. He turns 18 in August 2011. I figure that he will come to the UK at some point soon and I can use that as an opportunity to pummel him. I dont want him dead or anything, just a bad enough kicking so he is unable to talk for a few weeks and maybe some facial scarring which will prevent him ever getting work as an actor or TV presenter or anything similar. I know there are justifiable homicide laws out there, I sincerely hope there are "justifiable GBH" laws too. Though if there arent, in the case of this horrible horrible human being being repeatedly beaten about the face with a hobnail boot, I'm sure the judge will understand.

* I am willing to bet money that nobody makes it through all three of those videos, despite the longest one being about three minutes.

I've been out of Brum for 6 months and discovered the dialect has evolved dramatically in that time. I've just come back from a 7 day Christmas sojourn and was amazed at the little things that annoyed me about something I would have happily defended 6 months ago. Examples:

'Oi'm hungry, Oi am.' ( I am hungry I am) - Why the need for the extra 'I am'? It sounds wrong.

I overheard some kids in the Bullring: 'I walked round the corner loike, and they 'ad loike a Police Station there' Either it was a Police Station or it wasn't!

And the final one that really got/gets me is, when you talk to somebody you've never seen before. You ask them what they do for a living: 'Oi'm a plumber, en oi' ( I am a plumber, aren't I) I dont know! It's not a fancy dress party! You're not dressed like Mario!

There you go.

Watching some sh*t film on TV. I don't know what it's called and I'm too bone idol to press the information button.

It's got a cracking female cast, though - Carmen Electra, Piper Perabo, Hillary Duff and Jamie King.

I'd post pictures of all of them, but then I'd probably get banned for the lewd act of posting images of fully clothed females.

Here's a goat instead.

goat-with-hat.jpg

BOF has got the 40,000 post blues I reckon. ianrobo got them aswell. It will take a strong poster to not look back on their 40,000+ posts and think that they really should be spending their time more wisely. Don't know if anyone will make 50k.

Richard is next up

For the very 1st time I've made some home made ice cream tonight. Inspired by catching the end of a Nigel Slater prog over Xmas

the simplicity of the recipe and the fact that the Co-op were selling off double cream at a ridiculously low price earlier -

I've given it a bash & it's in the freezer.

For the very 1st time I've made some home made ice cream tonight. Inspired by catching the end of a Nigel Slater prog over Xmas

the simplicity of the recipe and the fact that the Co-op were selling off double cream at a ridiculously low price earlier -

I've given it a bash & it's in the freezer.

ha!

doing the same tomorrow, we'll have to compare notes

turns out we've got cream with a date looming, strawberries going soft and a broken packet of meringues so tomorrow is turkey curry followed by home made ice cream

Ha Crisp65 you obviously watched the same episode as me!

Update on ice cream - it was unbeleivably difficult to get out of the container, had to soften in microwave - very rich but nice with the coulis juice of the blueberries & raspberries poured over. I think I would try adding vanilla to the recipe next time and make a custard of cream, milk and egg yolks rather than just make it entirely of double cream. I'll have to experiment.

I've just watched Toast which was a dramatisation of Nigel Slater's early years growing up in Wolverhampton & his passion for one of life's simpler pleasures - fresh hot buttered toast. Helen Bonham Carter was just fab as his rather "common" hated stepmom Mrs Potter & Nigel himself made a cameo appearance at the end.

yes just watched toast

funny little cameo of Savoy chef right at the end

we've crumbled white chocolate into ours, plus half a swiss roll, it's in the freezer in an expensive John Lewis flexible container - might be wonderful, might be inedible

Â