General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Without a doubt. Utilities, telecomes, mortgages and insurance...If you're not running your details through a price comparison site and switching every time your fixed term expires, you're throwing money away.

Yep, that's me, partly! 

My phone/internet is exactly what I want it to be but do need to sort out my utilities and home insurance.

Car insurance and mortgage is the best it can be so pleased about that! 

I'd give myself a 5/10 (WNB)

For bonus marks, after checking comparison sites, buy them all through a cashback site. I'm £200 up through topcashback this year for things I was going to buy anyway.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Popped out for a few last night with some of the lads from work as they play pool every Tuesday night. First time out in the pubs midweek for a good couple of years and It's reminded me why I don't go out during the week anymore. Woke up for work with a right headache.

13 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Popped out for a few last night with some of the lads from work as they play pool every Tuesday night. First time out in the pubs midweek for a good couple of years and It's reminded me why I don't go out during the week anymore. Woke up for work with a right headache.

My hangovers are getting ridiculous, I get a headache whilst drinking a pint now. If I have more than 3 pints on a Friday night the rest of the weekend is a write off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

My hangovers are getting ridiculous, I get a headache whilst drinking a pint now. If I have more than 3 pints on a Friday night the rest of the weekend is a write off.

It must be our age. I know starting a family slowed me right down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I get a headache whilst drinking a pint now. If I have more than 3 pints on a Friday night the rest of the weekend is a write off.

That's liver AIDS.

• Like 1

Had another driving lesson last night. Went ok and although he's a United fan(Manchester born) he spoke highly of villa as a club. He's also a drummer and likes the bands I'm into. When he dropped me off last night we sat for 5 minutes and he was telling me about the times he saw pink floyd, Zeppelin and The Who in the 70s. The lesson fee was worth it for that alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

That's liver AIDS.

I'm holding you responsible @BOF for my embarrassment today. One of my staff is on the phone telling me he has a bunch more doctor appointments lined up. The conversation ended rather awkwardly:

Me: Nothing serious, I hope?

Him: No, I think it's just age

Me: AIDS?!?! You have AIDS?!?

Him: Er, no. I said age.

Me: Oh, er, so you did. My mistake.

• Like 3

Just now, choffer said:

I'm holding you responsible @BOF for my embarrassment today. One of my staff is on the phone telling me he has a bunch more doctor appointments lined up. The conversation ended rather awkwardly:

Me: Nothing serious, I hope?

Him: No, I think it's just age

Me: AIDS?!?! You have AIDS?!?

Him: Er, no. I said age.

Me: Oh, er, so you did. My mistake.

Should've ended it with "Could be both".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Sometimes I post something on here and think, "Oh that's good, that's good. I'll come back in an hour and that post will be drowning in likes".

0. Zilch. Zero. Nought. Nuffin.

Soul crushing.

Have a like (out of pity;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

That's why i stopped my regular lunchtime pints. I'm useless back in the office afterwards. Now its one, perhaps every other Friday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I knew I would get the last laugh with that clearing in the woods on the roof over the road. I think he's burning up and starting to get disheartened with the cause.

Have we not been accepted back into the EU yet? Tell him he's a quitter and need to stick it out!

I got talking to an elderly woman about the lovely weather we're having lately whilst waiting for a bus the other day. Inevitably the "Summers were longer when I was young." popped up followed by "but you wouldn't know, you're just a child". 

Damn grandma, I'm 28 :lol:

That said, looking young runs in our family on both sides and I still get asked for ID even though I'm sporting a beard and am clearly older than 17. DLJOOPc.gif

Â