General Chat

Stevo985

They give you the option to postpone it for one year, which I just did. I hope I get a criminal case, because the defense attorney will want me out of the jury pool due to my uncle being a policeman. 

With this one that Jimzk5 posted -

Like I say I would honestly like to have a crack at it, especially as you'd have the clip-on hook thing when you need a rest.

It isn't the climbing up that would worry me, it'd be the getting down, I'd find that a lot harder, maybe you could do it very slowly?

I was thinking you could clip yourself on, take a step, unclip yourself, clip yourself on a little bit further down and then take another step etc nice and steady but I don't think the wire reaches that far, it seems (rightfully) to clip you quite close to the pole.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

Argh, I just got called to jury duty... :rant:

I really enjoyed jury duty. 3-4 hours a day and an interesting case involving unrequited gay love and attempted kidnapping.

Wear a white suit!

You can't complain about two weeks off work. I nearly got picked for a case where a child died. Glad I avoided that one. If you get a juicy fraud case you might be there for months.  :thumb:

Also, you get lunch allowance.

I haven't been called, but a mate of mine made a packed lunch like he would normally if he was at work, and pocketed his lunch allowance every day.

Ended the case with £80 in his pocket.

I haven't been called, but a mate of mine made a packed lunch like he would normally if he was at work, and pocketed his lunch allowance every day.

Wow. Lucky, lucky bastard.

Don't get me wrong, £80 is £80. But it sounds like a whole lot of stress for £80.

Also, I'm self employed. Would they cover my daily rate?

Don't get me wrong, £80 is £80. But it sounds like a whole lot of stress for £80.

Also, I'm self employed. Would they cover my daily rate?

I think you have to show them a letter from your accountant proving your loss of earnings.

Apparently vets don't have to or are not allowed to do Jury service, why is that?

I'm not saying it's like winning the **** lottery!

I'm just saying if you HAVE to do it anyway, the fact you can end the 2 weeks with £80 in your back pocket for doing something you have to do anyway is a small bonus.

Obviously if you're losing earnings that's another kettle of fish altogether.

Some really good news in the papers today; ant and dec have signed a new contract with ITV and thus will continue to entertain us with their subtle humour and hilarious antics for some time to come. All I want now is for harry styles to be knighted and my life would be complete.

Â