General Chat

Stevo985

so I have just been swimming....

first time in about 16/17 years since I have done any swimming of any description, **** me its hard work aint it.

plus the fact I had pretty much forgotten how to swim and had to doggie paddle for quite a distance to try and get into the swing of things and felt like a rite idiot at first then I got the hang of it.

I cant believe how not deep the deep end is...when I was younger I would have said it was easily 12ft deep at least but nah **** that I could stand in the deep end that's shit man.

Any way I think I mite keep it up it only costs a couple of quid and is probably the one form of exercise that I can do without absolutely crippling my hip afterwards, which is the main reason I am doing it, hopefully it will help strengthen my hip a bit and sort some out some of the pain I get from it

I recon that because I haven't swam since I was about 11 years old and weigh a **** load more than I did then my brain probably went haywire trying to figure out what the **** was going on

Edited by leemond2008

If match of the day was more like this it would be great 

We already have it.  It's called TalkSport and it is **** **** **** shit. 

My experience with RTE is limited, mostly (in fact exclusively) from YouTube but it's a horrible format for a show.  A bunch of old men having staged arguments every ten minutes.  

Ooooh, what's Eamon going to get upset about this week?   The guy is a rent-a-quote.  He has to "be controversial" because his entire act depends on it and it seems to me that his modus operandi has spread to the entire show.  It's so boring I'm actually glad I don't live in the country where it is broadcast. 

A window in our (8th floor) office popped this morning. Woke everyone up a bit. Its now quietly cracking and people from facilities keep coming to stand and look at it for a moment before leaving.

Sweet lord there is no way!!! Anyone else bothered by that pole at the top that they attach the safety harness to?!?! It looks veeeeeery flimsy! And possibilities of lightning?! And wind?! And friggin' gravity?! What the hell do they get paid?!?!?! It can't possibly be enough.

Sweet lord there is no way!!! Anyone else bothered by that pole at the top that they attach the safety harness to?!?! It looks veeeeeery flimsy! And possibilities of lightning?! And wind?! And friggin' gravity?! What the hell do they get paid?!?!?! It can't possibly be enough.

it was the "this is what we call free climbing, no safety harness of lines, its just quicker this way"  :puke:

The only way you would get me up that **** thing is if Eliza Dushku was spread-eagled atop it, or a Godzilla-sized spider (that couldn't climb) was chasing me towards it.

Edited by GarethRDR

Â