General Chat

Stevo985

I've been discussing this with a few American colleagues. Three of the four insist that the only way to prevent things like this occurring is for even more citizens to start carrying guns.

Absolutely insane.

I've been discussing this with a few American colleagues. Three of the four insist that the only way to prevent things like this occurring is for even more citizens to start carrying guns.

Absolutely insane.

Yep, heard an American opinion on the news. "Give the teachers guns"

What the actual ****? Solve gun problems by giving everyone guns!

That's like the fire department using petrol to put out the fires

• Like 1

WASHINGTON—Following the fatal shooting this morning at a Connecticut elementary school that left at least 27 dead, including 20 small children, sources across the nation shook their heads, stifled a sob in their voices, and reported **** everything. Just **** it all to hell.

All of it, sources added.

“I’m sorry, but **** it, I can’t handle this—I just can’t handle it anymore,” said Deborah McEllis, who added that “no, no, no, no, no, this isn’t happening, this can’t be real.” “Seriously, what the hell is this? What’s even going on anymore? Why do things like this keep happening?”

Continued McEllis, before covering her face with her hands, “Why?”

Despairing sources confirmed that the gunman, armed with a semiautomatic assault rifle—a **** combat rifle, Jesus—walked into a classroom full of goddamned children where his mother was a teacher and, good God, if this is what the world is becoming, then how about we just pack it in and **** give up, because this is no way to live.

I mean, honestly, all 315 million Americans confirmed.

“Well, I suppose we have to try to pick up the pieces and make some sort of sense of this tragedy and—you know what? **** it, I can’t do this,” said Connecticut resident Michael Zaleski, his remarks understandable given the circumstances, because, holy shit, what else can one say? “I’m sorry, but I can’t **** do this. Can you? Can anyone?”

Witnesses said the gunman fired at least 100 rounds during his deadly rampage, which, according to children in the school—goddamnit, how? How? Twenty children. Dead. In a **** school.

No. No, no, no.

“I just feel so [why does it even matter what this person said when no words can bring 20 dead kids back to life?]” said some person who, just like everyone else, is completely unable to process or handle any of this. “It’s awful. Just too awful to bear.”

Americans reported feelings of overwhelming disgust with whatever abhorrent bastard did this and with the world at large for ever allowing it to happen, as well as with politicians, with the NRA, and above all with their own pathetic goddamn selves, sitting in front of a **** computer instead of doing **** anything to help anyone—Christ, as if that were even **** possible, as if anyone could change what happened, as if the same **** bullshit isn’t going to keep happening again and again and **** again before people finally decide it’s time to change the way we live, so what’s the point? What the hell is the goddamned point?

“I…” said Tom Miller, 27, after reading an article about the tragedy online. “I just…”

“…” he added.

At press time…screw it, there’s nothing else to say.

Absolutely insane.

This is the reason why I am very pessimistic about the chances of gun control legislation passing in America anytime soon. While it is undoubtedly becoming more progressive on issues such as LGBT rights, most centrists and even liberals in the country seem to continue opposing gun control on principle. Unlike the legalisation of gay marriage, it is politically unpopular and could potentially hurt the electoral chances of Democrats should they start lobbying for it.

Edit: Okay, maybe it's a little more complicated than that

This is the reason why I am very pessimistic about the chances of gun control legislation passing in America anytime soon. While it is undoubtedly becoming more progressive on issues such as LGBT rights, most centrists and even liberals in the country seem to continue opposing gun control on principle. Unlike the legalisation of gay marriage, it is politically unpopular and could potentially hurt the electoral chances of Democrats should they start lobbying for it.

Edit: Okay, maybe it's a little more complicated than that

Some of the comments below that link:

I hate this idiotic nonsense. 27 **** people died. That is a **** blip.

Because 27 people die on one day suddenly it is a big problem?

The amount of immaturity involved here is astounding. You know how many **** people die in one **** day?

Making guns one-shot weapons makes it almost impossible to use them for self defense as missing once means you are **** doomed.

I don't have the privilege of owning guns. I have the right to. Big difference.

Don't loose sight of the big picture. Guns are our life blood against more government control.

This one law (pressed for by the gun control lobby) essentially creates killing zones for criminals and psychopaths. Is it any wonder that those same people take advantage of this fact?

Israel learned decades ago to require school administrators and teachers with carry permits to have their firearm with them at all times on school grounds.

We won't see the end of this type of attack until we do the same.

yeah im sure id seen ross kemp on gangs talking to cops in new orleans where the gun crime is shocking and a guy who was high up in the police claimed that more people should have guns because not only does it prevent terrorism it helps prevent the government from controlling the people...

its almost as bad as celebrities on twitter claiming that stuff like this happens because people dont pray enough

Speaking as someone who has never and in all probability never will own a firearm (I have fired the odd rifle of a friend while hunting), I have no interest in living in a society which would in any way limit my ability to purchase, possess or use a gun.

It's a question of principle: if the government retains access to firearms (has an armed forces or police), then one of the prerequisites for citizenship, as opposed to being a subject, is access to military-grade firearms. Power comes from the barrel of a gun; if it is to be the people who have the power, then they must be able to acquire and use any weapon the government can.

Â