General Chat

Stevo985

On 24/06/2022 at 19:38, turnbull said:

More about the owners of the two clubs, no idea who the band supports or even if they actually support anyone. 

Bass player in Idles is a Newcastle fan, one of the others is Bristol City

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Explosion in Kingstanding. House is gone.

I'm a good distance away and it shook the house here.

I've got my windows open and I genuinely heard a loud bang about 45 mins - 60 mins ago. I wondered what it was. 

I'm about 5 miles away. 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've got my windows open and I genuinely heard a loud bang about 45 mins - 60 mins ago. I wondered what it was. 

I'm about 5 miles away. 

Sat in the back garden in the ERD and I felt a disturbance.

As if a million weed buyers suddenly cried out in terror "Better not be my manz ".

Edited by Brumerican
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Sat in the back garden in the ERD and I felt a disturbance.

As if a million weed buyers suddenly cried out in terror "Better not be my manz ".

Can be dangerous all that hydroponic equipment.

Seems someone on the scene pulled a man from the wreckage. He's been taken to hospital with life threatening injuries.

If there isn't a fatality from this it'll be **** lucky - early evening on a Sunday in a residential area in a terrace house with an explosion powerful enough that it's flattened one building, severely damaged 2 others and was heard miles away, and damaged vehicles down the street...

Just now, Chindie said:

Seems someone on the scene pulled a man from the wreckage. He's been taken to hospital with life threatening injuries.

If there isn't a fatality from this it'll be **** lucky - early evening on a Sunday in a residential area in a terrace house with an explosion powerful enough that it's flattened one building, severely damaged 2 others and was heard miles away, and damaged vehicles down the street...

It was my best friend who literally pulled a bloke called Dave from under a pile of bricks.  He told them his wife Doreen was still there and now my pal is in bits about not being able to get to her despite saving Dave ( With many locals helping)

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Brumerican said:

It was my best friend who literally pulled a bloke called Dave from under a pile of bricks.  He told them his wife Doreen was still there and now my pal is in bits about not being able to get to her despite saving Dave ( With many locals helping)

Reports are now saying that a woman was found dead sadly. 

• Sad 1

Bit of a random one, I think we have some people privy to employment law on here who might be able to help.

Its my mother in law, she left her job last summer and her employer looks to overpaid her a few hundred pounds. She’s been arguing it with them since (big chain store).

There’s a few points to consider.

1) She says she left on 1 date, they say she left the week before. She was on furlough at the time so wasn’t actually going in to work. 
2) Part of the money they want back is money (30 odd quid) they paid into her pension fund she says she shouldn’t pay as she won’t see it for a number of years.

She handed in a letter to her supervisor to confirm she was leaving. They don’t seem to be able to locate it. The supervisor has also since left. The MIL says she did not get any paperwork confirming leaving date or confirmation she’d returned her uniform and discount card etc. I assume if there was record of a letter confirming her last day and pay amount they’d have found it by now.

Its a bit of a silly her word versus there’s now.

Any advice of how I can help wrap it up? It certainly doesn’t seem like proper process was followed. 

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

Bit of a random one, I think we have some people privy to employment law on here who might be able to help.

Its my mother in law, she left her job last summer and her employer looks to overpaid her a few hundred pounds. She’s been arguing it with them since (big chain store).

There’s a few points to consider.

1) She says she left on 1 date, they say she left the week before. She was on furlough at the time so wasn’t actually going in to work. 
2) Part of the money they want back is money (30 odd quid) they paid into her pension fund she says she shouldn’t pay as she won’t see it for a number of years.

She handed in a letter to her supervisor to confirm she was leaving. They don’t seem to be able to locate it. The supervisor has also since left. The MIL says she did not get any paperwork confirming leaving date or confirmation she’d returned her uniform and discount card etc. I assume if there was record of a letter confirming her last day and pay amount they’d have found it by now.

Its a bit of a silly her word versus there’s now.

Any advice of how I can help wrap it up? It certainly doesn’t seem like proper process was followed. 

Reiterate the position that she left on a certain date and that she won't be repaying any money. It's not her fault that they have lost the paperwork. 

They'll stop chasing. They're not going to pursue it any further when they have no paperwork/proof, and especially for such a nominal amount. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Â