General Chat

Stevo985

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think this is a subject which will split VT.

There will be many, like myself, probably older formers who think Joggers are just a complete no go, regardless and should never we worn (unless actually participating in sports).

Then there will be others, probably younger who see them as acceptable leisure wear if they are a particular style/brand/price.

And of course a couple of Chavs who don't even understand the dilemma.   I'm not naming names.

Sportswear has become far more fashionable over the past couple of years to wear in "smarter" situations. Sporty trainers in bars and clubs is pretty commonplace now.

I'd say it's perfectly acceptable to wear a smarter jogger in social situations up to a point. Like I said going to a casual setting like cinema, pub, casual food etc.

You wouldn't wear them "out" though, and I doubt many places would let you in wearing them

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There's levels to joggers.

Would I go anywhere in joggers that looked like this?

Goodwear-fleece-sweatpants-with-side-poc

Nah definitely not.

But joggers that looked like this? 

001-3-02-04-0001-MERCURYHOOD-BLACK_001-3

Yeah probably. Only somewhere casual like the cinema or the pub. never out out

If you are under 25 it is almost acceptable, otherwise no.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

If you are under 25 it is almost acceptable, otherwise no.

I'm 36 and I own the black pair of joggers and have worn them outside of my house. So there :D 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There's levels to joggers.

Would I go anywhere in joggers that looked like this?

Goodwear-fleece-sweatpants-with-side-poc

You'd make a cracking Gábor Király.

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm 36 and I own the black pair of joggers and have worn them outside of my house. So there :D 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A good rule of thumb regarding fashion is if VT thinks what you're wearing is shit, it probably isn't

Same with Music.

I wear joggers/tracksuit bottoms every day at home. I'm not going to sit working all day or watching TV wearing a pair of jeans, that's just **** daft.

I've also popped to the shop around the corner in tracksuit bottoms occasionally. As long as they aren't knackered, ripped or stained I don't see the problem.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I wear joggers/tracksuit bottoms every day at home. I'm not going to sit working all day or watching TV wearing a pair of jeans, that's just **** daft.

I've also popped to the shop around the corner in tracksuit bottoms occasionally. As long as they aren't knackered, ripped or stained I don't see the problem.

I must be incredibly daft then!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll wear smarter/fitted joggers to the shops and running errands, but not to the cinema, a bar/pub or a restaurant. 

Baggy ones are for the sofa only. 

Jeans I’d wear for anything but weddings and funerals, I think. I’m also perfectly comfortable wearing jeans around the house. My whateverishouldcallhernow used to complain about that, for some reason. Jeans are as comfortable as anything, really.

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

:crylaugh:

• Haha 2

Just now, sidcow said:

I must be incredibly daft then!

It's a comfort thing though surely? I know you can get comfortable jeans, but they're not going to be as relaxing to wear at home as a pair of loose fitting tracksuit/jogging bottoms surely?

• Like 1

Just now, Designer1 said:

It's a comfort thing though surely? I know you can get comfortable jeans, but they're not going to be as relaxing to wear at home as a pair of shorts surely?

Agreed!

Are we talking about jogger bottoms material type shorts here because if there is one thing more awful than jogging bottoms.........

20 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'm not going to sit working all day or watching TV wearing a pair of jeans, that's just **** daft

Huh? It's what I've done all my life! 

Sportswear is what you wear for doing sport, the clue is in the name. 

• Haha 1

Â