General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The queues are so long and slow it’s impossible to buy.

Dont worry you aint missing much. It looks the cheap rubbish you get from poundland and they sell it for 3x the price.  As limpid said with mcds it isnt food just pure crap!

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just curious but why?

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m a self accepted slob and I’m ok with that but I won’t go out for food in public in joggers. 

As above @Demitri_C 

It's slobby attire. Now, I'm wearing joggers at this moment in time but, I have no plans to go outside! If I did, I'd put jeans on. I wouldn't be seen with my crusty Slazenger joggers on ;) 

Lloyds (my mortgage provider) emailed me earlier to tell me the BoE had changed their base rate, and the usual “am I affected” guff.

Couple of hours later they sent an apology email confirming that the BoE base rate has not changed and the next meeting is Thursday 5th May.

So, have Lloyds let the cat out of the bag early?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Lloyds (my mortgage provider) emailed me earlier to tell me the BoE had changed their base rate, and the usual “am I affected” guff.

Couple of hours later they sent an apology email confirming that the BoE base rate has not changed and the next meeting is Thursday 5th May.

I don't think they will know for sure but its seen as a given they will increase at the next meeting. Probably just teeing their message up early. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

We had the same from Halifax.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Xela said:

I don't think they will know for sure but its seen as a given they will increase at the next meeting. Probably just teeing their message up early. 

Yeah, that’s what I thought. The formal vote hasn’t happened but I guess enough of the noises have been made to suggest which way they go with it.

There's levels to joggers.

Would I go anywhere in joggers that looked like this?

Goodwear-fleece-sweatpants-with-side-poc

Nah definitely not.

But joggers that looked like this? 

001-3-02-04-0001-MERCURYHOOD-BLACK_001-3

Yeah probably. Only somewhere casual like the cinema or the pub. never out out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah definitely not.

sorry, is there a difference here? not spotting it.

Is it the trainers?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah definitely not.

Exactly what i think stevo. If we talking about option a, i wouldnt even paint my house in bottoms that look like that

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is it the trainers?

I think the top photo is a bit more relaxed, baggy style, whereas the joggers in the bottom photo are more slim fit “tailored”.

I have one pair of joggers, that are probably closer to the top photo (though I think they look a bit better than that grey pair) which I wear about house or occasionally to get some milk or something from the local co op.

I never wear joggers “socially”.

I think this is a subject which will split VT.

There will be many, like myself, probably older formers who think Joggers are just a complete no go, regardless and should never we worn (unless actually participating in sports).

Then there will be others, probably younger who see them as acceptable leisure wear if they are a particular style/brand/price.

And of course a couple of Chavs who don't even understand the dilemma.   I'm not naming names.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is it the trainers?

One is a scruffy pair of shit grey joggers. 
The other is a more fitted, smarter pair of black joggers.

The same way you might not go to a bar wearing a baggy pair of scruffy light blue skater jeans, but you would wearing a nice pair of smarter dark jeans

Â