General Chat

Stevo985

It was 7 years since my Grandad died on Tuesday, and I still miss him. Time will help, Alex, but I know it's probably hard right now. All the best to you and yours mate.

Miserable times for a couple of you. It's sad to hear.

My Dad's folks died within a short time of each other, it seemed awful at the time.

My Mum's Dad died first. The Player's Navy Cut finally did for him, but not before he deliriously scared himself witless a number of times. He nearly died from exposure after he fled from hospital, thinking it was a concentration camp.

My Mum's Mum hung on, for quite a long time. Initially with us in the West Mids, then she wanted to die at home in Scotland. My mum went to stop with her, she was there a long time.

In retrospect it seems that the manner and timing of my Dad's folks passing was kinder.

Chindie's situation is very sad. I still have both my parents, though their mental prowess failed rapidly whilst living in isolation in Scotland. They're back in the Mids where my sister can keep an eye. She's very upset and alarmed about their deterioration, but I still can't imagine a world without them.

• Like 1

My stag do will be a trip down to Cornwall. Lunch, time out in st ives, posh dinner, poker night and plenty of drinks in a country estate. Morning fry up, morning & afternoon at the beach, fishing and bbq at a river lodge/cabin on the evening with more drinking. Home the next morning.

My mate says this plan sounds incredibly lame. He is a 'get smashed' type though. What do you think? I think it sounds ok.

My stag do will be a trip down to Cornwall. Lunch, time out in st ives, posh dinner, poker night and plenty of drinks in a country estate. Morning fry up, morning & afternoon at the beach, fishing and bbq at a river lodge/cabin on the evening with more drinking. Home the next morning.

My mate says this plan sounds incredibly lame. He is a 'get smashed' type though. What do you think? I think it sounds ok.

Depends on what your friends like.

I wouldn't be too keen on that. Posh dinner, walks on the beach, fishing, no proper night out.

Poker would be fun though.

But it's your stag do so imo you should tell him to **** off, and you'll do whatever you want. If that's what you'll enjoy then go for it.

Edited by Stevo985

Walks on the beach? Nah. Football, surfing and staring perversely at bikini clad ladies while recovering from the drinking the night before, I don't do night clubs but I still drink.

Edited by Ingram85

Second Creme Egg down.

Struggling to find something to watch on Netflix. Iron Man 3 looks suitably daft but I can only handle Robert Downey Jr in small doses.

Might just go back for a third Creme Egg then pass the time by staring blankly at the laptop's screen.

I'm off for a few weeks and clearly already losing it, although whether or not I ever had it in the first place is up for debate.

Â