General Chat

Stevo985

We run this one frequently, don't we? 

On balance I find most female stand-up comedians funnier than most male ones. 

Care to furnish us with an example or two?

I can't say I find any standups particularly funny, the sheer nature of trying to be funny makes them all distinctly un-funny in my eyes.

We run this one frequently, don't we? 

On balance I find most female stand-up comedians funnier than most male ones. 

Care to furnish us with an example or two?

I can't say I find any standups particularly funny, the sheer nature of trying to be funny makes them all distinctly un-funny in my eyes.

Well that's true, I'm not a big stand-up fan generally. 

No examples, but there aren't any women comedians that I actually dislike. If Miranda or Millican or Brand or Ancona or French & Saunders, etc. happen to be on the TV, I wouldn't make a point of watching, but I wouldn't turn the TV off, either. 

Most of the male ones I probably would. 

I suppose I just like a gentler, less laddish, form of humour. 

• Like 1

I prefer standups who are politically engaged, and that doesn't mean right v left (athough, as it is well known, there are no funny right wing comedians ;) ), but people who have something worth saying.

It seems to be that the standup is really the only person left with the freedom to say whatever they want, as long as they make us giggle too.

• Like 2

29 today.  In one year I can no longer be described as young in any way shape or form :(

It's also 4 years today since we beat Man Utd.  Repeat please this weekend.

Nah, no chance. I'm not having that. GTFO. I'll still be a youngster at the age of 30, which isn't that much further away.

30 is the new 25!

29 today.  In one year I can no longer be described as young in any way shape or form :(

I think it was Jimmy Carr that said "the only way I would currently be described as young would be if I was to die"

Happy Birthday btw!

I understand there's a 2 part programme in the UK about Lord Lucan, which may explain Lady Lucan trying to give her side of the story via her official website.

He was a heavily addicted gambler (not an adulterer).His affairs were always chaotic, he rarely paid bills without many reminders, seldom bothered with insurance ("If you need insurance you can't afford it and if you can afford it you don't need insurance") …In any event, he wasn't expecting his own imminent death, he was expecting it would be me who died!

Full statement

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

I understand there's a 2 part programme in the UK about Lord Lucan, which may explain Lady Lucan trying to give her side of the story via her official website.

He was a heavily addicted gambler (not an adulterer).His affairs were always chaotic, he rarely paid bills without many reminders, seldom bothered with insurance ("If you need insurance you can't afford it and if you can afford it you don't need insurance") …In any event, he wasn't expecting his own imminent death, he was expecting it would be me who died!

Full statement

Yeah, wrestling's not as good as it used to be.

• Like 1

Full statement

Haha, I looked around a wondered why there was so much wrestling talk in General Chat...

:blush:

• Like 1

Full statement

Haha, I looked around a wondered why there was so much wrestling talk in General Chat...

:blush:

It's often the case in a lot of threads.  Those bloody annoying wrestling fans!

• Like 2

Hope you ended up having a good day, Wainy

In other news I will be in Brum Next Wednesday, VT meet up at VP is expected. Rob, coordinate sir.

Hope you ended up having a good day, Wainy

In other news I will be in Brum Next Wednesday, VT meet up at VP is expected. Rob, coordinate sir.

I did thank you, but the main event is tomorrow.

Erm, Villa are away next week.

Its that time of a Friday evening when one of my neighbours goes out and leaves there partner at home for an hour, or heavy metal Friday as i call it, as every week between 6 and 7 pm i get to hear a bit of Saxon, ac/dc and usually some led zeppelin, today his playing a bit of twisted sister too.

Â