General Chat

Stevo985

Eliza Doolittle. 

I'm addicted to looking at pictures of her.

Help.

needless to say as a 12% I had to look her up

I've perved over better tbh

I had to Mooney that one too.

Eliza Dushku is hotter

Somewhere on GoalkeeperTalk GarethRDR just came. 

• Like 1

My mate's car had problems, he was forced to abandon it at work whilst he went on a job abroad.

His dad came in to look at it in his absence.

Got chatting with his dad. The car was his, then he'd given it to his oldest son, then his youngest - my mate.

Thing is, his Dad was a Formula 1 engineer. The rather unremarkable looking VW Golf has been extensively modified - Suspension, engine the works.

It kicks out 190hp and cost £35,000 when it was new.

My mate had already got a car when it was passed to on to him. He'd been happily driving the VW into the ground - not knowing its history.

I told him what his Dad told me about the car yesterday, he hadn't a clue - He'd always thought his Dad had been a bit precious about his old motor, now he knows why. :)

I just quit one of my two bar jobs. Seems an old school work ethic was a threat to the bar manager, who has pushed me one too many times. I can't believe I actually put up with him for 3 years...

• Like 4

I just quit one of my two bar jobs. Seems an old school work ethic was a threat to the bar manager, who has pushed me one too many times. I can't believe I actually put up with him for 3 years...

well done, did you break a bar stool over his head

• Like 1

well done, did you break a bar stool over his head

Yes, but he did it old school.

• Like 1

Good for you! Anything new lined up?

Looks like I'll be able to pick up 2 Saturday nights a month at my other gig to go along with 3 other nights a week there, so I'll be ok. 

The thing that sucks about leaving the other job was that it was a 5 minute walk from home, and I also got home by 11 every night.

Time to move on, though!

• Like 2

Great little story  , but anyone kinda confused by the bit I've highlighted in bold

A fund established to help a homeless man who returned a lost backpack containing more than $42,000 (£26,000) has raised almost $110,000 (£68,500).

Boston man Glen James, 54, spoke to police after he found the backpack containing $2,400 (£1,500) in cash and nearly $40,000 (£25,000) in traveller's cheques at the South Bay Mall.

The man who lost the backpack told workers at a nearby store and they called police, who later returned the backpack to him.

Virginia resident Ethan Whittington read media accounts of Mr James' honesty and started a fund for him on a crowd-funding website.

The fund has since raised more than $100,000, including $182 (£114) of pocket money saved up by two young children.

The Boston Police Department publicly thanked Mr James, saying his actions were "a remarkable tribute to him and his honesty".

Mr James said in a statement: "Even if I were desperate for money, I would not have kept even a penny of the money I found.

"I am extremely religious. God has always very well looked after me."

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 4

Great little story  , but anyone kinda confused by the bit I've highlighted in bold

A fund established to help a homeless man who returned a lost backpack containing more than $42,000 (£26,000) has raised almost $110,000 (£68,500).

Boston man Glen James, 54, spoke to police after he found the backpack containing $2,400 (£1,500) in cash and nearly $40,000 (£25,000) in traveller's cheques at the South Bay Mall.

The man who lost the backpack told workers at a nearby store and they called police, who later returned the backpack to him.

Virginia resident Ethan Whittington read media accounts of Mr James' honesty and started a fund for him on a crowd-funding website.

The fund has since raised more than $100,000, including $182 (£114) of pocket money saved up by two young children.

The Boston Police Department publicly thanked Mr James, saying his actions were "a remarkable tribute to him and his honesty".

Mr James said in a statement: "Even if I were desperate for money, I would not have kept even a penny of the money I found.

"I am extremely religious. God has always very well looked after me."

The "I am extremely religious bit" explains it. He no doubt thinks he has got what he deserves in life so far and that God has been fair to him in that sense. That's the usual line.

Â