Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bukkakeface wants City rethink

Boss wants rethink over rescheduling of City-Stoke league clash

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has called on the Premier League to look into rescheduling the league fixture between Manchester City and Stoke.

The pair were due to meet in the league on 14th May but that fixture has now been moved to the following Tuesday as they will instead play the FA Cup final on that date.

This has led some to suggest Stoke may allow City to win the league game if Roberto Mancini's side lift the Cup as the Potters may be relying on the Blues to claim a UEFA Champions League spot to have any chance of securing Europa League football themselves next term.

The Spurs boss told Sky Sports News: "I'm sure (Stoke boss) Tony Pulis wouldn't want to lose any game.

"But I think where there is a problem with it in other people's eyes it certainly is a problem, and I think the timing of that would be bad, it's a bad time to play the game.

"No one would say that Stoke wouldn't go there and not try to win, but I just think the whole thing, it would be surrounded by people looking at it and thinking 'what has gone on?' if they do get beat.

"I think it would be easier to play at a different time for sure."

He added: "I think they (the Premier League) should do, they should look at it yes.

"The chairman (Daniel Levy) spoke to me last night about it, we feel it should be changed the date, it should be changed for sure but it's out of my hands, it's up to the powers that be."

Fifth-placed Spurs next take on arch-rivals Arsenal at White Hart Lane on Wednesday as they seek to earn a coveted Champions League berth again next term.

Arsenal go into the game after their dramatic 1-1 draw with Liverpool on Sunday - in which both sides were awarded and scored a penalty in injury-time.

Despite having longer to prepare for the game, Redknapp denied his side would have an advantage over the Gunners.

"No it's Wednesday now, they have fully recovered now from Sunday's game. That won't be a problem."

horse

Suggesting another team would throw a match? Surely this should be seen as bringing the game into disrepute? Come on Redknapp, they just put five past Bolton to reach this final!

I know it's clear I don't like Redknapp but this is not right. I suppose when every grunt and **** that comes out of your wheeler dealer mouth is caught on record by one of your media chums it is inevitable though.

If I was Tony Pulis I would be lodging a complaint about this.

No one would say that Stoke wouldn't go there and not try to win, but I just think the whole thing, it would be surrounded by people looking at it and thinking 'what has gone on?' if they do get beat

It would be quite the shock if top four-placed Manchester City managed to win at home against bottom-half Stoke City.

You dick.

It would be quite the shock if top four-placed Manchester City managed to win at home against bottom-half Stoke City.

You dick.

Not the point. I think in the interests of fairness, sporting integrity and to avoid putting everyone in a difficult position, the game should be moved. You are right that Citeh would probably win that fixture more often than they wouldn't win it. But it doesn't mean there wouldn't be question marks. The league must be seen to be 100% squeaky clean and this fixture would clearly have a conflict of interests for Stoke City thereby potentially bringing the league into disrepute. Ergo move the fixture. It solves all the problems and it's very easy to do.

they need a top striker, cb, lb and keeper and they will be a real force in the cl next season, if they keep all the top players they have now

Who says they'll be in the champions League next season ?

You dick.

Not the point. I think in the interests of fairness, sporting integrity and to avoid putting everyone in a difficult position, the game should be moved. You are right that Citeh would probably win that fixture more often than they wouldn't win it. But it doesn't mean there wouldn't be question marks. The league must be seen to be 100% squeaky clean and this fixture would clearly have a conflict of interests for Stoke City thereby potentially bringing the league into disrepute. Ergo move the fixture. It solves all the problems and it's very easy to do.

Definitely.

they need a top striker, cb, lb and keeper and they will be a real force in the cl next season, if they keep all the top players they have now

With that I reckon they'd be challenging for the title in all honesty.

They already are, Arry himself said so a few months ago ;)

With that, we would probably win the title, an additional striker and replacements for Warnock, Dunne and Friedel would see us very strong....

and keep bale, modric and VDV...

i agree spurs are 3/4 signings away from challenging for the title but IMO they are also 3/4 sales away from really hitting the buffer too, here's hoping for a long boring affair of man city being linked with bale all summer and gary cook doing what he does best

No one would say that Stoke wouldn't go there and not try to win, but I just think the whole thing, it would be surrounded by people looking at it and thinking 'what has gone on?' if they do get beat

You dick.

Who cares. Spuds getting robbed of a european place? Perfect. I'll take that option. :D

Harry Redknapp wrote:

Harry Redknapp questions someone else's integrity

Pot, Kettle and Black

Cheeky barsteward

He'll move Bale back to left back soon enough.

I think LB is his natural position, but he's unlikely yo shift BAE. When Spurs fans vote for their player of the season on the various forums, BAE will almost certainly come 2nd to Modric in most polls. We wont buy a new LB or if we do he'll be a back up for BAE. I doubt we'll buy a CB either, unless someone of real quality becomes available. We might have to look at a new GK. Gomes had the best season of any GK we've had since Jennings last season. But this years he's made too many mistakes. The main thing we'll look to do is buy a couple of top class strikers, but to find front men who have everything in their game, which we'll need to challenge at the top f the table, is going to be very difficult. There will alomost certainly be more prestigous clubs, playing CL football (assumming we wont be) and who pay better wages. We might have to hope we can get a year out of an older striker like Forlan. I'll be alone in this, but I'd still like to sign Bellamy aswell, if we can't get a big name, younger striker. We desperately need pace and work rate up front and despite his age, he's still quick and despite his personality issues, no one can say he doesn't work his socks off.

Harry Redknapp questions someone else's integrity

Pot, Kettle and Black

Cheeky barsteward

Maybe as an expert on the subject of lacking integrity, we should listen carefully to him this time as he knows what he's talking about :P

I think LB is his natural position, but he's unlikely yo shift BAE. When Spurs fans vote for their player of the season on the various forums, BAE will almost certainly come 2nd to Modric in most polls. We wont buy a new LB or if we do he'll be a back up for BAE.
Are you using the back and bottom of the 'E' as the 'L' in Bale? Oh that's just nasty and cringe. Sorry :lol:

Â