Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of Brazilians I spoke to mentioned that the Brazil cap thing is effectively a scam by agents. They suggest their client that might be alright gets a cap to get him noticed in some random friendly/nothing game, sold on to a European team for a fair old whack, agent laughs all the way to the bank.

Ive herd this before and makes a lot of sense.

By the way im not say the Spurs lad is shite i know nothing of him at all, even his name.

A couple of Brazilians I spoke to mentioned that the Brazil cap thing is effectively a scam by agents. They suggest their client that might be alright gets a cap to get him noticed in some random friendly/nothing game, sold on to a European team for a fair old whack, agent laughs all the way to the bank.

Ive herd this before and makes a lot of sense.

By the way im not say the Spurs lad is shite i know nothing of him at all, even his name.

This is true but it doesnt happen as much anymore unless its a domestic league players only game.

This Sandro is a good player and only narrowly missed out on World Cup. Only problem could be how he settles into England

Not sure why Spuds would want Parker really.

West Ham reject bid from Tottenham for Scott Parker

Parker joined West Ham from Newcastle in 2007

West Ham have rejected a bid from Tottenham for midfielder Scott Parker.

The 29-year-old England international, who has three years left on his contract, has been linked with a move away from Upton Park.

But Hammers chairman David Sullivan told the club website that Parker is not for sale at any price.

"I made a promise that I would not sell Scott and I will not, for any amount of money, break that promise to the West Ham supporters," he said.

"Scott is not for sale at any price, to anyone. West Ham supporters, for far too long, have had owners that sell their best players and promise one thing and do another.

"This is a new era. We are building a bigger, better West Ham and when we make a promise, we honour it."

Parker joined the Hammers from Newcastle in 2007 for £7m and had moved to the Magpies two years earlier in a £6.5m switch from Chelsea.

West Ham reiterated the stance of their chairman over Parker's future and a statement read: "The club would like to state that regardless of the size of the bid, nothing will break the promise that chairman David Sullivan made to our supporters.

"As repeatedly stated, Scott Parker is not for sale and there are no circumstances and no amount of money that will cause us to break that pledge to the fans.

Curious bid by Tottenham. I can't see any way in which Scott Parker would improve their first team

lf

"The club informed Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy prior to him making the offer that we would not welcome any approach to unsettle the player.

"Scott Parker has three years left on his contract and the club has opened talks with his agent over a new five-year deal."

Parker, who missed out on a place in England's World Cup squad for this summer's final in South Africa, returned to club action last Friday against Panathinaikos.

He captained the side and played for 45 minutes in the 1-0 win over the Greek outfit.

Excuse my stupidity, but why aren't Spurs playing Champs League qualifying round this week?

The lowest English, Spanish, Italian, German, and French CL qualifiers don't enter until the playoff round (at the end of the month).

CL qualifying begins in early-mid July when you have the champions of Andorra playing the champions of Malta (or San Marino).

Â