Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Dippy league winners are in 1 draw 3rd/4th teams are in another, spuds wont get a really poor team, not guaranteed a good one either though iirc swiss 2nd place etc in the pot and at the moment they will destroy celtic imho

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope spurs finish 3rd now, would be hilarious!

No it wouldn't.

Spurs will struggle in the qualifiers if they get someone like Lyon, not sure if they'll be seeded?

It depends on who else are in the draw. I don't know the exact co-efficients or what not, but from what I remember, there is a possibility of Spurs being seeded due to a couple of decent UEFA Cup runs in the last five years, but it'll be swayed heavily on who qualifies from Spain, Italy and France.

I don't see anything in your recent European history to suggest you will be seeded SS, from what I recall Everton had a similar record and look what happened to them.

According to this website, Spurs are #30 in the overall coefficient ranking, which is I think why it'll be possible for Spurs to be seeded. As I said, it depends on other teams (like Sevilla for instance) not qualifying. I think Spurs will either be one of the lowest seeded teams or highest not seeded team.

Although this is just from what I've read on other boards, I actually know very little about the Champion's League qualifying scenarios. I've never needed to. :P

Still might not need to either. Still a very, very large chance of Spurs not finishing 4th anyway.

No it wouldn't.

Spurs will struggle in the qualifiers if they get someone like Lyon, not sure if they'll be seeded?

It depends on who else are in the draw. I don't know the exact co-efficients or what not, but from what I remember, there is a possibility of Spurs being seeded due to a couple of decent UEFA Cup runs in the last five years, but it'll be swayed heavily on who qualifies from Spain, Italy and France.

I don't see anything in your recent European history to suggest you will be seeded SS, from what I recall Everton had a similar record and look what happened to them.

Everton had no recent european history when they got CL so they weren't seeded and it was done differently then. Mind you Arsenal got Celtic last year and they'd probably beat spurs.

I'm not sure that Celtic would beat Dagenham & Redbridge.

No it wouldn't.

Everton had no recent european history when they got CL so they weren't seeded and it was done differently then. Mind you Arsenal got Celtic last year and they'd probably beat spurs.

Gotta be joking.

Burnley would give Celtic a good game.

I quite fancy Spurz to get a win tomorrow, and very surprised with the long odds given by Coral! £5 win £18.75. Reckon its worth a punt?

In relevance to the topic, if i do bet, and Spurz dont win, i will indeed join the Redknapp hatefest!

Hoping for a spurs victory tonight, having got over the fact that we came up a bit short in the end and removing the claret and blue specs for a moment, I quite like spurs approach and Harry is always good for a laugh,

I quite fancy Spurz to get a win tomorrow, and very surprised with the long odds given by Coral! £5 win £18.75. Reckon its worth a punt?

In relevance to the topic, if i do bet, and Spurz dont win, i will indeed join the Redknapp hatefest!

Spurs haven't beaten any of the top teams away this season and City has only lost at home to Man Utd and Everton, it's not surprising the odds are long for a Spurs win. The race for fourth is quite finely balanced though since a draw is enough for Spurs.

This is the first game all season that I really want spurs to win!

If Man City win and get 4th it will be sickening. After the recent defeat, after Barry moving for Champs League and the fact that their fans are smug as f*ck.

Come on Spuuurrrsssss!!!!!!!! (although I heard on the radio that Gomez and King are injury doubts)

When all's said and done Harry comes across as a decent bloke and has produced an entertaining side at Spurs, so whilst I wouldn't say I'd be happy for them to finish fourth, I wouldn't begrudge them it either. Man City's approach to success has been pretty repugnant and is personified by that smug, classless word removed Garry Cook. I could never back them for anything while he remains there. What an arsehole.

Come on Spurs (through gritted teeth)

Come on City. Get over Barry, get over City buying there way to the top. Can't you see that Spurs will move out of our league if they get CL?

and Citeh wont with unlimited budget and make the Top 4 monopoly again

Id rather City won this - reason being - we can compete with Spurs financially next year if they're in Europa quite comfortably. Man City, regardless, we can't,

Therefore, if Spurs get CL, we're destined for a battle for 6th with Liverpool and Everton.

Although a battle for 5th with Spurs and those two isn't exactly appealing either, its better than the other option (marginally).

Spurs arent good enough to compete on 2 fronts so will either get knocked out CL early or have faltering league campaign. Happened to Everton and Newcastle when in Champions League

Spurs winning will be good for football. If City finish fourth, they will lock down their position in the top four. Spurs will have a harder job doing that in the long term.

Â