PL: Wolves a Match Thread 2009/10/24 12:45

limpid

I'm predicting a 1-0 victory to us.

The goal being scored around the 65th minute by Gabby, followed by a backs to the wall nervous rest of the game as The Dingles apply the pressure and fight for their lives for the equaliser that won't happen.

Nice comments from Kightly ahead of the game;

Wolves winger Michael Kightly sees Aston Villa midfielder James Milner as a good example to young players across the country.

The pair have both featured for the England Under-21 side in recent seasons and Milner is now a full international.

"I think he's a good model for every professional footballer, especially young footballers," he told BBC WM.

"He's got a great attitude, he's a very good player and he's had a great career so far."

Kightly added: "I'm sure he'll go one to do great things, he's a good lad as well. If I can copy what he's done, I'll be over the moon with that."

What a great club that club is - I'm hoping we can emulate them for many years in the Premier League

Michael Kightly on Villa

Kightly's debut season in the Premier League got off to a stuttering start as he struggled to regain match fitness following surgery on a foot injury over the summer.

He made his first start in the top flight in the 1-1 draw at Everton last weekend, and is now eager to retain his place for the derby game against Villa at Molineux.

The former Grays Athletic winger sees a parallel between the two clubs, as they both look to sign ambitious home-grown players.

"That's what I like about Villa, there's a lot of young English players - they may have to pay through the roof sometimes for them, but they've done that," said the 23-year old.

"What a great club that club is - I'm hoping we can emulate them and do what they've done for many years in the Premier League."

BBC

Kightly promoting himself to be Ashley Young's replacement when we sell him?

Wolves will score against us today, but i still hope we will have too much for them.

I would give Delph a game, just to give us another attacking option in a 4-5-1 formation, with Reo-Coker and Petrov in behind him.

3-1 to Villa.

Yes, yes I am so mad in fact that I've changed my mind:

- - - - - Friedel - - - - - - -

Beye - Dunne - Collins - Young

Milner - ReoCoker - Delph - Young

- - - - Gabby - Heskey - - - -

:shock:

I'd be reluctant to play that team against a league 1 side.

Team that beat Chelsea for me, the've had a week between matches there's absolutely no need to rotate players with a schedule like that early on in the season .

Must win match but i've got a horrible feeling we'll get turned over

if luke young is ready i want him in for this match....

okay weve picked up some decent results with cuellar at right back but hes garbage goin forward....

weve got 4 full backs now and MON still plays a centre back there but i dont expect him to change it until we lose....

we really need to follow up chelsea with 3 points and kick off our 3 away games in a row with a victory

CMON YOU LIONS

TheSufferingVilla wrote:

Top teams rest players and rotate the squad, obviously I'd love to see us put out the strongest 1st team week in week out but why have we spent 4 years moaning about having a small squad then not using the one we have and giving important players a rest when needed.

Top teams rest players when they can and when they need to. We didn't play in midweek so we do not have to rest any players do we?

Besides, when Liverpool (who have a fairly poor squad compared to the other top 3 teams) rest stars and wiggle around you have seen the results. Rest Torres and Gerrard and usually the results are crap.

Rest Warnock? Why? Is he tired? Has he played too much? Certainly not.

Play Heskey? Has he warranted a place in the first team lately? Of course he hasn't - he has been rubbish.

Playing Beye for Cuellar is fine by me, as Cuellar is a mediocre right back and I always find him quite nervous handling the ball.

My line up would be:

Friedel

Cuellar - Dunne - Collins - Warnock

Milner - Petrov - Reo-Coker - Young

Gabby and Carew

As Sidwell is poor going forward and weaker at the defensive duties compared to NRC, I see no reason to play him, ever.

And I am fairly confident we will win this match, they are the exact prototype of team we like to beat away from VP.

Thinking that they are offensive but in the end we will counter-attack and smash three goals.

WOLVES: Hennessey, Zubar, Craddock, Berra, Elokobi, Kightly, Henry, Castillo, Edwards, Doyle, Ebanks-Blake. SUBS: Hahnemann, Stearman, Milijaš, Halford, Jarvis, Keogh, Iwelumo.

VILLA: Friedel, Sidwell, Dunne, Young, Milner, Carew, Agbonlahor, Petrov, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock. SUBS: Guzan, L. Young, Delph, Heskey, Reo-Coker, Gardner, Clark.

Same 11 for us although Clark and Gardner in on the bench for Shorey and whoever else was on the bench against Chelsea.

Halford on the bench for Wolves so we won't be facing a barrage of long throws.