PL: Wolves a Match Thread 2009/10/24 12:45

limpid

Warnock needs to have a bit of think here, he's having a bad un.

We look dangerous on the break when we get the ball down and play it, not when we bang it seventy yards up the field and hope for the best.

None of that is going to matter if Petrov and Sidwell can't get the ball moving though.

Its like watching a Championship game at the mo, no pattern, very little quality.

I agree with this. We really need to step up against the weaker teams. It is great doing well against the better teams, however we need to learn to perform against the lesser ones too.

However, I'd take a sloppy win today being that it is a derby and on slippy surface...

I agree also, against the better teams we can play a technical fast paced high quality game. Against the Wolves (Wigans and Blackburn's) of this world we just lump it forward and hope what doesn't seem to work.

carews having a nightmare, gabby seems to have forgotten how to kick a ball, midfield isnt getting a touch and dunne looks nervous. quite happy thats its still level, wolves just look hungrier. id be happy to get to half time level and then pick up the performance

These refereeing decisions are making it impossible for us to breach their defence. If Carew can't give as good as he gets then he's got no chance.

Agree with that. Although I think Carew's been poor, the defenders seem to be allowed to be much more physical than he is - as is the case in quite a few games. It does seem his head is going down because of this though.

We never attack the near post - if we had someone doing that we'd be much more threatening from crosses.

Most of the time maybe but today at least every cross is going well over the middle of the pitch and if we'd have someone holding near the back post we'd be better off.

Case in point that last cross from Milner which went way out of play.