Is rio still a shoe-in for England?

RockyVanParlour

Is Rio still a shoe-in?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is Rio still a shoe-in?

• yes
    • no
    • Ain't broke, don't fix it

Been reading and hearing recently that there are doubts about Rio Ferdinand's position as 1st choice CB for England.

He has been increasingly plagued by injuries and they're affecting his ability to do his job effectively.

Do you think it's time to try another CB before we get to the World Cup or, do you reckon it's all a storm in a teacup and Ferdinand is still quality and he'll return to the form that made him 1st choice?

What do y'all think?

Rio will be fine, one mistake in a come back game for him..he should be peaking around wc time

who's your starting XI then RVP ?

Its not one mistake though is it?

Its the third big one in recent times. The scoop pass to Craig Bellamy in the Manchester derby, the lovely little through ball to Dirk Kuyt in the Holland game.

Ferdinand has missed 20 of his last 40 competitive games, with multiple niggles. He is 31 in a few weeks. Perhaps a long career is catching up with him, he has been playing first team football since he was 16. He certainly doesnt appear to be the player he was a couple of years ago, and while he still has possession of a starting shirt for me, he is on very thin ice.

Just read a bit of redcafe and someone said he hasn't started more than two games in a row since april, if he gets a a run I think he'll be fine. rather than getting reserve games he is going straight in to first teams

Someone also posted he took the loss of his hero micheal jackson really badly and it has effected him.

Been reading and hearing recently that there are doubts about Rio Ferdinand's position as 1st choice CB for England.

He has been increasingly plagued by injuries and they're affecting his ability to do his job effectively.

Do you think it's time to try another CB before we get to the World Cup or, do you reckon it's all a storm in a teacup and Ferdinand is still quality and he'll return to the form that made him 1st choice?

What do y'all think?

Is he first choice though? Probably captain Terry, ain't it?

And he still deserves his place in the side, mainly because after being England's strongest position for years, England now actually look a bit thin on the ground in central defence...

Rio is liable to mistakes, which is not good. While I will admit he does put in some really class performances, he does make quite a few mistakes, or at least he does now. I much prefer Upson, he many not be a 9/10 type player, but he will consistantly play well and rarely has any howlers, or none that I've seen. He should be partnering Terry for me.

Â