Is rio still a shoe-in for England?

RockyVanParlour

Is Rio still a shoe-in?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is Rio still a shoe-in?

• yes
    • no
    • Ain't broke, don't fix it

Are you guys kidding? Rio is a world class defender for me, yeh he's made mistakes but he hasn't turned into Zat Knight overnight. I'd have him ahead of Terry, once he gets back to fitness he'll be the best defender in the team, also Rio made a mistake on Sat which effectively did not lead to a Ukraine goal, however Ashley Cole thinks he's a Brazillian left back mistake costs us but nothing mentioned.

Rio made a mistake on Sat which effectively did not lead to a Ukraine goal.

it cost us a player.

he was sh*t all game.

having said that, as i have just posted, he has been out injured most of the season, and when fit is a top, top quality CH.

He needs to get back to full fitness and sharpness (well, by June anyway)

Rooney-Defoe at all times up front.

Im sure I read one of those stats recently that says England scores more per minute with a Heskey Rooney partnership than any other.

i could've sworn this was a thread about Rio F :? :lol:

The thing with Rio is when he isn't fully fit or is coming back from a spell out he makes mistakes, that is just him, its the way he has always been. I've read people on here saying he is past it or past his peak but I don't buy that at all he is still a world class CB who simply isn't fully match sharp either physically or mentally.

The only concern I have over Rio is his increasing tendancy to pick up injuries which is a risk with any player going into a WC but I'd still rather take him to partner Terry than any other.

The thing with Rio is when he isn't fully fit or is coming back from a spell out he makes mistakes, that is just him, its the way he has always been. I've read people on here saying he is past it or past his peak but I don't buy that at all he is still a world class CB who simply isn't fully match sharp either physically or mentally.

The only concern I have over Rio is his increasing tendancy to pick up injuries which is a risk with any player going into a WC but I'd still rather take him to partner Terry than any other.

Chumley This-ington.

Â