PL: Man City h Ratings and Reactions

LancsVillan

Very good open game, can't fault any of the back four all night they were solid, just undone by an excellent finish from Bellamy. Going forward also we hit City on the break very nicely, Lescott looked poor tonight and their back four do look vunerable on the counter attack.

For a side with the attacking flair it was hard to keep a clean sheet, but we reduced to few clear cut chances, we proved more than an equal for City. Richard Dunne was sensational tonight, would rather have him at centre back then Lescott.

Very good performance and again a draw was probably fair.

Could have been worse, lots of hard work and good tackling and the 4-4-2 didn't look too shaky.

Bellamy-Adebayor is quite scary when they are in form. Never seen Bellamy play as well as he has this season.

What great game. Think both teams played well and I thought Dunne and Petrov were excellent. Collins seemed to win alot of headers too, Cuellar did well against Belamy who is frightening.

A draw was fair, wish we could just get our game against west ham played to make the league positions look better.

I enjoyed the game a lot. Two decent sides, the draw was a fair result. We looked very good at the back again, it took a wonderful bit of football for them to score, and I still cant believe we only paid £5m for James Collins. Cheers Franco!

Don't think I've seen our team work harder for a long time. Carew for example was all over the pitch, we need that more often from him.

Standouts were Dunney, Gabby and Young. I know Young lacked the final ball that he's capable of but he worked his arse off so he gets a thumbs up from me.

A point against that City team is a good result, make no mistake.

Mike Dean is crap, De Jong should have been sent off twice if that was possible......only a yellow card? What a joke. Ireland changed the game for City, just the type of player we need. Good first half, loads if mistakes in the second but 1-1 was fair. Heskey is still so crap though......

Agree with everything said before hand. Petrov's best game in a while but still his lack of fitness started to show in last 25 minutes. He ran his heart out but struggled to keep up.

Good point against a good team. We will play worse and win and better and lose so happy with result overall.

MON still too passive with his subs.

After Ireland came on and we were really under the cosh I was screaming for MON to make a change.

But he did nothing.

And then MON chasing the game decides that Heskey the big idiot should come on, but he didn't win a single header or get even one shot off at goal.

We could have seen the game out if MON had just got NRC on during the tremendous spell of Man City pressure. Maybe not get NRC, maybe get Delph on or Gardner on, or whatever, when we were so desperately at Man City's mercy(81%) to Man City, and majority of it in our box, why didn't MON do anything to alleviate the pressure?

Friedel - 7 - Nothing to do.

Cuellar - 6 - Not his fault, but most defenders one on one with Bellamy on that form are going to get beat half the time, although he made some crucial challenges.

Dunne - 9 - Excellent goal, But an absolute rock at the back, some vital challenges.

Collins - 9 - Read the game so well, Adebayor rarely had a kick.

Warnock - 9 - Brilliant, both his passing and his defending.

Young - 7.5 - An average first half, but played alot better second half In my opinion and defensively tracking back was excellent.

Milner - 7.5 - Same as Young really.

Petrov - 8 - Well played Petrov, looked tired towards the end, but kept the ball down for us.

Sidwell - I don't know - Well basically we don't lose with him in the team and I think his work rate is unbelievable, he must be doing something right.

Carew - 4 - Woeful.

Agbonlahor - 9 - Few times lost the ball when into his feet but overall he was absolutely top draw.

We look very good at the back..we have conceded least goals in the PL and i understand why..if we only had this backline last season i think we would be in the CL now...And a mention to Gabby aswell..he was a monster upfront..very nice to see..keep it up Gabby!

Friedel - Couldn't do much about the goal. Some other good stops and commanded his defence well - 7

Cuellar - Very calm, controlled and worked excellently with Dunne to maintain a strong line. - 7

Warnock - Full of beans - 7

Collins - Solid - 7

Dunne - Class. Rock solid. Perhaps could be said to be at blame for City's goal but the other 95mins 45 seconds of the match make up for it. Especially given the quality of his goal and his respectful lack of exuberant celebration. Deserved his MOTM award. - 8

Milner - Middling. Is he getting worn out a bit? - 6

Sidwell - This fella is an irritating little niggly ginger word removed. He must be a nightmare to play against. - 8

Petrov - Calm and composed on the ball. Responsible for the instigating of some nice midfield interplay in the first half - 7

Young - Awesome at times, incredibly frustrating at others. He gets a hell of a kicking every time he gets the ball though. - 6

Carew - The injury came at the wrong time. He had a great game, looked very up for it until the cramp set in. - 7

Agbonlahor - Jesus Christ, where does he get his energy? Tireless - 7

Heskey - Average. Didn't do a lot wrong really, just never really got into it. - 6

MON - Some on here said we would be molested playing a 4-4-2 formation. I think tonight shows that is not the case at all. The recall of Sidwell is, in my opinion, the best decision MON could have made. Also, playing Carew up top gave the Man City defence (which I think is shaky as hell) something to think about. Tactics were spot on, in my opinion.