PL: Man City h Ratings and Reactions

LancsVillan

Friedel - 7 - Nothing to do.

Cuellar - 6 - Not his fault, but most defenders one on one with Bellamy on that form are going to get beat half the time, although he made some crucial challenges.

Dunne - 9 - Excellent goal, But an absolute rock at the back, some vital challenges.

Collins - 9 - Read the game so well, Adebayor rarely had a kick.

Warnock - 9 - Brilliant, both his passing and his defending.

Young - 7.5 - An average first half, but played alot better second half In my opinion and defensively tracking back was excellent.

Milner - 7.5 - Same as Young really.

Petrov - 8 - Well played Petrov, looked tired towards the end, but kept the ball down for us.

Sidwell - I don't know - Well basically we don't lose with him in the team and I think his work rate is unbelievable, he must be doing something right.

Carew - 4 - Woeful.

Agbonlahor - 9 - Few times lost the ball when into his feet but overall he was absolutely top draw.

yes, i'd pretty much agree with that.

I really enjoyed the game today.

It was a whole-hearted display. The workrate, especially from Young and Gabby, was tremendous. We rarely gave city a chance to settle on the ball, characterised by how few times we heard the inevitable 'boo' during the game.

We had 2 great chances to double our lead, Milner's shot and Dunne's free header. We missed both and it cost us.

Their goal came from a sluggish advance from a cleared ball. We didn't close them down fast enough and were puished by a well taken goal.

Overall it's hard to be disappointed when the players show such outstanding level of commitment.

Decent point. First half we were terrific, second half was the inevitable sit back and hoof it up to Gabby way.

Friedel 8- Handling was superb all night and no chance with the goal. Wasn't that busy overall.

Cuellar 8- His defence play against Bellamy was top class all night. Cracking tackling.

Collins 8- Good interceptions, looking a very solid defender.

Dunne 8- Great goal and pretty good game. Maybe at fault for goal.

Warnock 9- Brilliant defending and excellent going forward, proper left back performance.

Petrov 7- Steady game, intercepted well.

Sidwell 5- Thought he had a shocker really .Poor passing all night. Still not the worst central midfielder on the pitch ho ho! (wink)

Milner 6- Bit off at times passing and shooting.

Young 7- I actually thought he was quite lively and run well at their defence at times but overhit a cross or two. Quite looking forward to Downing coming back as Young infront of two holding midfielders may just work...

Carew 5- First 5 minutes I thought Carew looked up for this. False dawn.

Gabby 8- Very good performance as a lone striker for most of the game with Carew disappearing.

Heskey 4- Dear oh dear.

NRC 6- Decent shift.

Good game from two teams who will finish outside the Top 4 this year I think.

Yes, this was a good measuring stick. We've managed to avoid going backwards after losing Barry and Laursen, but the consistent quality just isn't there in the attacking half.

Friedel 7 Very solid as usual, not at fault on the goal.

Cuellar 6.5 About as good as we can hope for from him as a RB, strong defensively, didn't kill us badly with his passes.

Dunne 7.5 Would have been a 9, but he got out of sync when they made their scoring move.

Collins 7 See Dunne.

Warnock 8 Didn't put a foot wrong that I could see. Excellent tackling and energy, good movement out of the back, corners well taken.

Petrov 6.5 Made some good plays, but was inconsistent.

Sidwell 5 Energetic, yes. Effective, not so much.

Milner 6 Mostly anonymous. His lack of pace stood out in a game full of track stars.

Young 7.5(defense)/5(offense) A split rating to try and capture his game... did everything you could ask of an offensive winger in his own end, did almost nothing you could ask of an offensive winger in the attacking end.

Carew 6 Tried to catch the muse, but wasn't quite there.

Agbonlahor 7 Always tantalizingly close to being a game-breaker, never quite showing that extra bit of class to get it done.

Heskey 4 Useless.

Reo-Coker nr Showed his usual energy, but the game was degenerating into a draw by the time he arrived.

Collins and Dunne, top draw.

Gabby and Warnock, did well.

Friedle, Milner, Stan, Sidwell & Cuellar, ok.

Young and Big John, below par.

Heskey, well Heskey.

Reo Coker, didn't really do anything in the short time on the pitch.

Happy with the performance. Worked very hard, and came up against a very decent side. Good point.

Cuellar - 6 - Not his fault, but most defenders one on one with Bellamy on that form are going to get beat half the time, although he made some crucial challenges.

Dunne - 9 - Excellent goal, But an absolute rock at the back, some vital challenges.

Young - 7.5 - An average first half, but played alot better second half In my opinion and defensively tracking back was excellent.

Petrov - 8 - Well played Petrov, looked tired towards the end, but kept the ball down for us.

Sidwell - I don't know - Well basically we don't lose with him in the team and I think his work rate is unbelievable, he must be doing something right.

Carew - 4 - Woeful.

Agbonlahor - 9 - Few times lost the ball when into his feet but overall he was absolutely top draw.

I agree with that pretty much word for word

Carew didn't look interested and looked off the pace, Sidwell i didn't really notice much.

Big thumbs up for the rest of the boys though

Happy with the commitment shown.

442 and we slugged it out with them.

A good point - a draw was a fair result overall I guess but we could easily have won it. They look a good side though.

Loved the fella waving money at Barry from the Holte.

Decent result. Today showed two teams with probably the same abilities, but neither quite up there to break into the top 4.

I an extremely happy with our new defenders. Specially surprised by Collins, who I had barely seen before he signed.

And I think Lescott is the most overrated defender in the world. He will not stop City's defence to let in goals.

I must have been watching a idfferent game. Whilst Carew didn't offer too much of a goal threat I thought his work rate was excellent tonight. He was back defending half the time! He went off because he was knackered because he'd run his arse off.

I really enjoyed the game today.

Yep, I agree with that.

One of the reasons I enjoyed it was that I didn't feel as nervous about us in the last 20 minutes as I have done over the past few seasons. I know there were a few chances for Citeh in that time but I am pretty pleased with our back four (and others) and I can only think that they'll get better as a unit.

It will be interesting what happens when Luke gets back to full fitness because, although Carlos isn't an obvious full back, I think he is starting to play quite well in that position. He was up against Bellamy today and I thought he didn't do badly considering the game Bellamy had.

Carew - 4 - Woeful.

Madness!

Worked harder than I've ever seen him work in a Villa shirt tonight.

Perhaps but I'm sorry if Heskey had done what Carew had done tonight, he'd be called the Worst player to put on a Villa shirt. He gave the ball away most of the time, he didn't hold it up for us, didn't provide us with a threat. I like him, when he's on it he's one of the best strikers in the Premiership but for someone who is so big and strong, the amount of times he just lost the ball simply was just fustrating.

Heskey comes on wins a couple of flick on's, lack of communication with Milner and it's a "Heskey - 4 - Awful" etc...

I'd maybe move Carew upto a 5 for his sheer work but in order to get a 7, you've got to at least do the simple things right like hold the ball up..

Warnock and Dunne had their best Villa games so far. Really impressed with Warnock, he was up and down all match and set up the goal.

Has he taken corners for us before?

Harsh on Carew from some of ye, he was running the channels and not playing his natural game but he did his best.

Collins and Cuellar were steady, Cuellar saw a lot of action and handled it well.

I also think ye are so easy to criticise Young, you must expect too much, He along with Gabby and Milner provided great outlets.

And speaking of Gabby he was like a man possessed tonight.

Petrov and Sidwell were both good as well, Petrov playing that good possession which is his best asset.

Carew - 4 - Woeful.

Madness!

Perhaps but I'm sorry if Heskey had done what Carew had done tonight, he'd be called the Worst player to put on a Villa shirt. He gave the ball away most of the time, he didn't hold it up for us, didn't provide us with a threat. I like him, when he's on it he's one of the best strikers in the Premiership but for someone who is so big and strong, the amount of times he just lost the ball simply was just fustrating.

Heskey comes on wins a couple of flick on's, lack of communication with Milner and it's a "Heskey - 4 - Awful" etc...

I'd maybe move Carew upto a 5 for his sheer work but in order to get a 7, you've got to at least do the simple things right like hold the ball up..

I agree. Carew was knocked off the ball far too easily in their half of the pitch. Holding it up should be one of his major strengths. He couldn't make it stick tonight.

Mr Dogg: Agree, a huge amount of effort and endeavour by Villa, just graft, graft, graft, I've been critical of Ash Young recently, one word immense, for me his tackling back, effort, concentration, and him and Gabby are like the chuckle brothers, brilliant.

Carew - 4 - Woeful.

For the first time ever avfcprideofbrum, I completely agree.

I like Carew because he scores goals, but everytime he gets the ball I just know he's gonna lose it.

Thought Warnock/Dunne/Collins were immense. People are saying Sidwell was immense, mmmm not sure, didnt really see him much!

Good point against a good team. Ireland is a class act for them.

Carew - 4 - Woeful.

Madness!

I agree. Carew was knocked off the ball far too easily in their half of the pitch. Holding it up should be one of his major strengths. He couldn't make it stick tonight.

I disagree. I think Carew showed how important it is to have a striker that are working hard defensively to give valuable protection to the midfield, so they can adjust one step lower to provide protection for the defenders.

When City were struggling in the first half and ending up playing the ball back to Given or out of the pitch, it was Carew's fantastic work that forced them to do this, and at the same time giving our midfielders more peace to start their defending a bit lower.

I think Carew was one of our most important players in the first half. Together with Gabby, Warnock, Dunne and Collins.