Team of the 00's - Central defence - Laursen's partner

colleh

233 members have voted

1. 1. ....

• Gareth Southgate
    • Olof Mellberg

Olly was great, Southgate had a big mouth in the end but said exactly what the fans were saying, he spoke out for us and although that meant he would leave you can't blame him for what he said, deserves more respect than he ever got in my opinion. On top of that he was an excellent defender and edges it over Olly for that little bit of class in his play.

Remember, this is purely for what they did post 2000.

Gareth was only here 18 months. Mellberg for 7 years.

But it is about the players ability to represent a team of the noughties, not most amount of games played.

Hmm, I think it should be more about impact.

Gave my thoughts in the other thread.

Vote King Olof.

Assuming the team is about players in peak form and fitness, Gareth Southgate. Better player than Olof. Better player than Laursen. Shame the way he left, but I think we all know that was the fault of the club, not the player.

Assuming the team is about players in peak form and fitness, Gareth Southgate. Better player than Olof. Better player than Laursen. Shame the way he left, but I think we all know that was the fault of the club, not the player.

But it's about how they played for us in the naughties. Southgate hardly played for us this decade whilst Mellberg was one of our best players for quite a few seasons. For me, Olof should get it.

Â