PL: Wigan h 2009/08/15 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well blow me down, Cuellar and Davies ARE hopeless, Delph isn't a replacement for Barry, the Peace Cup was just a pre-season jolly, and O'Neill hasn't got a clue what he's doing. Just as I've said all along.

You know all that based on 45 minutes of football?

Impressive. You're in the wrong job.

Erm, the proof is in the pudding, I think. That was one awful half of football from us.

why the hell was Delph starting anyway?!?

Because he is an exceptional talent who is going to be a big, big player for us. That's why. He has obviously came here and impressed - he slotted in just fine against Fiorentina.

He has played 45 mins of Premiership football. Give him a chance.

Seconded.

Desperately need to sort out our defence though. Get cuellar and shorey out and bring in someone who can defend properly.

Terrible half but it's only one half. Putting Delph in was risky, and has proved a bad decision so far. Our defence is as weak as we all feared. We know Shorey is hapless, but Davies and Cuellar need to step it up.

More than anything, we're missing a calm head out there. Like Arsenal last year, we're suffering from no leadership. We have no one to slow the game down and put their foot on the ball. We're really missing Laursen and Barry. Those who thought we wouldn't were delusional.

However!! With the right subs and a better gameplan, we can win this game. And a draw or loss on the first game of the season does not mean too much. Let's keep calm, but this is looking very poor so far. Veteran players required. Up the Villa.

Oh well blow me down, Cuellar and Davies ARE hopeless, Delph isn't a replacement for Barry, the Peace Cup was just a pre-season jolly, and O'Neill hasn't got a clue what he's doing. Just as I've said all along.

And you see something completely different then?

Shorey is the worst left back I have ever seen... My og my!

Im gonna have a drink now...

MON, bring in some new players that actually can keep and pass the ball..

Our defence is horrible at passing so we give the ball away way to easily!

Now, Shorey out and NRC in. Play 3 at the back, we are outplayed in midfield ever time...

And you see something completely different then?

I saw a hopeless 45 minutes of football.