PL: Wigan h 2009/08/15 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This says everything:

Players In: S. Downing , F. Delph , H. Beye , Andy Marshall

S. Downing cant even fkn play till December.

F.Delph hasnt even played in the prem

H.Beye ?

Andy Marshall

Where are the replacements for Barry and Laursen ?

FFS...you still banging on about this?! Its the Wigan match thread how about getting behind your team for a change?!!!

Im behind the players and the club just not MON and his crappy transfer policy.

Sold 1 quality player and 1 retired he's had the time to replace them and hasnt !

And to be honest its probably the same reason as to why we are so clueless today !

No organisation no leadership no nothing

Has a point ^^^^

Than you ! To be honest i,d be stunned if we are the only ones who can see where the problem is with the whole team and MON and his transfer policy !

Heskey, Shorey Cuellar and Davies have been so piss poor its embarrassing !

and look at the bench.. absolute rubbish options really... couple games like this.. we will be calling for his head..

i know its early.. but hes brought in some real rubbish players and has not bought well at all. Delph looks WAY out of his depth.. can see the potential but he is really not ready yet.

Should have eased him in... Shorey what a joke of a signing.. Heskey is pile of poo.. Gabby should be a back up striker..... Milners been good.. Ash is too predictable.. theyve figured him out now.Petrovs done nothing.. Davies cant mark for shit.

Absolute rubbish... we need 5-6 players to be co mpetitive.. top 4.. having a laugh.

This thread is laughable.

MON will sort them out at half-time.

We have Beye and Delph making their league debuts. Relax.

I don1t want to get too down on the lads but playing Delph today was a big mistake IMO not exactly going to help the lads development.

Bet anything that Delph will be booked by half time :)

Wish I'd actually bet...it was as near a certain as there is :lol:

Shit first half, but the season ain't over yet. Just need a goal to settle down and we can win this. I'd ponder Reo-Coker for Delph to shore up middle, and we really don't want the kid to get sent off on debut.

This thread is laughable.

MON will sort them out at half-time.

We have Beye and Delph making their league debuts. Relax.

Wishful thinking

We need to spend - 2 decent centre backs and a skilful midfielder at least

Com'n MON f**kin well sort it out

Same old shit

Oh well blow me down, Cuellar and Davies ARE hopeless, Delph isn't a replacement for Barry, the Peace Cup was just a pre-season jolly, and O'Neill hasn't got a clue what he's doing. Just as I've said all along.

Just watched the first half and started brightly but as been poor from 20minut mark. Said before the game I was worried Delph was in for NRC and I believe it as shown. Petrov has been lost, nothing from him at all. The defense is very poor Davies and Shorey especially. Cueller's cover for Davies as been school boy level. We have forgot how to support the player on the ball again.

Let's see what happens in the second half.

Oh my word

Defensively very fragile

No midfield

Nothing going forward

Very lucky its not 3 or 4. here's hoping we can punish them in the second half for missing so many chances.

Honestly though MON your **** awful at times i totally see why he gets questioned and i totally mean that.

He drops Reo and puts Delph in front of him ? who has ben awful.

Reo had a great peace cup yet gets dropped for someone who has been here 5 minutes.

In most pre season reviews i read Villa would probbaly dip him in and out the premiership ? H estart right away in front of someone who has experience.

Oh dear MON you are a clueless fool as that 4 - 4 - 2 is terrible and is badly missing the skill of Barry and Laursen!

this is a **** disgrace, easily outpassed by wigan. they are the only ones who look like scoring, have we created anything??

davies is all over the place, he shouldnt be playing with his shoulder injury- it clearly affected him last season and you can see it today. get in another CB MON! shorey is crap, set up rodellega for his first and nearly set him up again later

upfront heskey and gabby are annonymous. yes they have had little service but heskey is not holding up the ball.

we played some nice stuff in pre season, passing the ball and keeping hold of it. so why have we now reverted back to lumping it up for gabby to chase all the time- its not working!!!

delph doesnt look out of place, seems good on the ball, just wish his team mates would step up to the plate.

if things do not improve second half i predict a lot of angry villa fans and the subject of MONs transfers (or lack of) will be the top topic