FIFA 10

Si.

What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?

• PS3
    • PC
    • Wii
    • PS2
    • PSP

I've restarted Manager mode with Bournemouth on world class. I did try Legendary but I was getting battered. Well not battered, but I was losing most games. So I've settle for world class. Still in pre season, but I have Milan in a friendly next! Should be interesting! My virtual Pro is making it easier.

how do you get your virtual pro into manager mode?

also do you play with the assists turned off, or do you keep them on?

It's weird but the game plays a lot more realistically with the assists turned off. The AI makes more errors as well, more midfield play as a result.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've restarted Manager mode with Bournemouth

Someone else with sense I see :)

Pretty miffed about one of the trophies for the game - To obtain it, you need to win a cup with a one star team in Manager Mode; Just my luck that, two games prior to the cup final my Bournemouth side jumped up to one and a half stars! I switched the players around to field as weak a squad as possible but the rating wouldn't budge :x

Still, I'm on for the treble having defeated Fulham to lift the League Cup. I've got past Villa and Everton in the FA Cup and I'm now set to face Chelsea in the next round, whilst holding a glorious 20 point lead at the top of League 2 - I'm yet to encounter any of the bugs that have been mentioned, but knowing my luck they're probably right around the corner...

To be honest, I'm on legendary mode and I'm winning 99% of my games. Too easy, unfortunately. Just won the league cup with Villa, in the FA Cup Final and top of the Premiership by a comfortable distance.

The youngsters are coming on great with Albrighton, Delph and Delfouneso improving massively by the week, the latter 2 are becoming regular first team starters. I bought Chamkh, and he did very well, but I sold him once the January window came round because I wanted to improve Delfouneso. Fans favorite Carew has also gone :cry: I know, but he was victim of the same policy - but I also purchased Darren Bent. A front three of Bent, Delfouneso and Agbonlahor is destroying teams.

I think Ashley Young could find himself out the door next, he's not really getting in. I purchased Richardson from Sunderland as well, and he's now finding himself getting ahead of our Ash, but Downing and Milner are first team starters with Delph, the 'energy' in the middle.

Love the game, but sad I sold Carew, haha, but it had to happen - I'm building a British side :winkold: Gary Cahill and Gareth Barry are going to hopefully be my major summer signings (I know) :winkold:

I think perhaps I should start a new game with a lowly team, I'll soon get bored of this one at the end of the season.

I had the same thing happen me when i signed a rwb called Santon- great player, do a name search. I signed him for about £5million then got an email saying rumours were going about concerning my top players and i should make sure they are tied to long contracts. Well, he had only signed a 5 year deal yet the next thingi knew was Arsenal had signed him from me for £7million yet i didnt authorise the sale nor get any of the money.

I think it is one of the 60+bugs known in the game whih EA plan to sort with a patch soon.

Aye, same thing here.

Signed Miguel for Atletico Madrid from Valencia during my first close season. He was a regular player. I simulated a few matches and next thing I know he's joined -ironically- Villa. For less than I paid for him, and without my consent.

Also doesn't look like you can turn off the automatic player growth. I liked the option in 09 of building up the points until they could make a difference and targeting specific areas e.g shooting, pace et.c.

I've played this game on and off now since early Oct, and I've decided: I prefer Fifa 09. Not just because of the issues in Manager Mode, but also the overall playability. There seems too much emphasis on strength, so you're constantly barged off the ball even if you have strong players and they've made a balls of the shooting and heading in this latest incarnation.

You work a chance, and it invariably ends in a weak or scuffed shot. If the ball breaks in the area and you're first to react, your forward spoons it wide/ hits the post/bar even if it's harder to miss. The goals scored in last years effort had a ring of authenticity about them. This year, you can score with a well directed shot into the corners and lobs, but thats about it. You don't often see real-life matches where every goal is directly into the corner or a lob, so it feels like a backward step. The motion they've used for a side-foot shot also looks too deliberate and laboured. Players contort their natural body shape and it just doesn't look right.

There also seems to be less individual character shapes this year.

A feature of 09 is that Torres moved like Torres, NRC moved like NRC, Carew looked like Carew and so on.

The individual crowd chants seem to have been scaled back too.

Overall it just doesn't feel as 'real, ' reagrdless of 360 dribbling gimmicks or anything else.

Fifa Earth (apologies if this is a dupe)

Seems that the Villa are the 13th most popular team people pick at the minute. Oddly less popular than Leeds, but more popular than England, AC Milan and Celtic.

Love the fact that the Champions League is on this one - via the Manager mode.

Won the Premiership, League Cup and FA Cup in my first season.

I however lost to Arsenal in the Charity Shield :( They are the perfect team to play me because I'm all about the pace.

The Championship winning side has been ripped apart in ways, with Dunne, Cuellar, Hangeland, Beye, Shorey, Friedel, Beckford and a few youngsters getting sold.

The team is now the following:

----------------Guzan----------------

Richards----Pepe---Cahill----Clichy

A.Young--Milner-Reo-Coker-Downing

-------Agbonlahor------Walcott--------

Bench/Squad:

Hennessey

Davies

Naughton

Collins

Warnock

Delph

Sidwell

Richardson

Petrov

Albrighton

Delfouneso

D.Bent

Then a load of youngsters. Not sure about Walcott, he is a great player and scored a hat-trick on his debut past the Toon, 7-0 win, with Gabby and D.Bent getting two a piece as well. I just feel I need a big man up there, someone to hold it up. I also need someone strong in the middle, most of my players are very athletic. I'm delighted with my defense now, Pepe, Clichy, Cahill and Richards came for a combined £24m. I was sad to let the likes of Dunne, Hangeland, Cuellar and Beye go though, but we are in the Champions League now :winkold: Just hoping my faith in Guzan will pay off. I've improved the goalkeeping training so hopefully he'll get better. I got £3m for Friedel who's 39, couldn't refuse it. Will be look out for a goalkeeper at the end of the season I reckon, Reina and Cech are the two I'm considering.

So all in all, can anyone suggest any GK's, a strong, good passer of the ball midfielder, and a hold up striker, who's powerful, pacey and can bag a goal. Obviously Drogba would be perfect, but want someone younger and cheaper.

I've got Barcelona and Porto in my Champions League group, not sure who the third team is. Come on you Villa boys!!

Its not surprising to see Manchester United are the most popular team on the game.

9hox95.png

It is interesting to see that most people who chose to play as them are shite though. :lol:

Spurs with my 3 ex players - Friedel, Hangeland and Carew put me to the sword in a 5-2 victory. Gutted. :(

Friedel was an absolute beast, and Carew caused me no end of problems. He's exactly the type of striker I need!!!! 8)

Playing with Bournemotuh is soooo frustrating! No problem stoppingthe other teams scoring, just can't score myself, everyone is so shit andits impossible to sign anyone!

My 4 league games have finished 0-0 1-0 0-0 1-0

So I'm undefeated, but not exactly setting the league alight!

Suffered from that bug everyone has been going on about :(

Bought Naughton for £2m as a back up, and he's ended up in the Birmingham team!!!! :cry: Feckers!

EDIT: Oh and I didn't get any money for him.

Â