Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly do not understand this appointment, one of the things Houghton had was the players working for him. One of the rumours why Pardew left Southampton was the lack of dressing room spirit (and some... very interesting rumours about his personal life..!) I just do not get this.

I honestly do not understand this appointment, one of the things Houghton had was the players working for him. One of the rumours why Pardew left Southampton was the lack of dressing room spirit (and some... very interesting rumours about his personal life..!) I just do not get this.

With you on that..

Hughton got the club out of an embarassing decline and a crisis (2 of their players had a punch up on the pitch!) He's not only got them up, he's got them playing quite well, sitting in midtable. They beat arch rivals Sunderland 5-1 and beat Villa, the club who finally sent them down, 6-0. What more could the club actually expect?..

If they had fired him for a really experienced manager, then it might have seemed a shrewd move. Harsh on Hughton but giving the new manager a month with the team and a busy period of games to decide what he needs in January (as was said by someone earlier in this thread)... but to replace him with Curbishly?.. It's a sidewards move, at best.

I'd like to see how Curbishly is going to handle Joey Barton and Andy Carroll. That was probably Hughton's greatest achievement, and one which I can't see Curbishly managing to do at all.

Time will tell for Newcastle, but this seems like a really dodgy decision to me.

With you on that..

Hughton got the club out of an embarassing decline and a crisis (2 of their players had a punch up on the pitch!) He's not only got them up, he's got them playing quite well, sitting in midtable. They beat arch rivals Sunderland 5-1 and beat Villa, the club who finally sent them down, 6-0. What more could the club actually expect?..

If they had fired him for a really experienced manager, then it might have seemed a shrewd move. Harsh on Hughton but giving the new manager a month with the team and a busy period of games to decide what he needs in January (as was said by someone earlier in this thread)... but to replace him with Curbishly?.. It's a sidewards move, at best.

I'd like to see how Curbishly is going to handle Joey Barton and Andy Carroll. That was probably Hughton's greatest achievement, and one which I can't see Curbishly managing to do at all.

Time will tell for Newcastle, but this seems like a really dodgy decision to me.

Or even Pardew :D

Pardew's greatest achievement was getting West Ham promoted. Reminds me of someone....oh yeah Hughton. He only has marginally more Premiership experience than a man who was assistant at Spurs for several years. Pardew's most recent job was in League 1. Newcastle really are a joke.

Newcastle fans must feel raped.

Given that Joey Barton and Andy Carroll live there, and that Lee Bowyer used to, I imagine a lot of them are used to it. :lol:

Given that Joey Barton and Andy Carroll live there, and that Lee Bowyer used to, I imagine a lot of them are used to it. :lol:

:lol: Too true. Pardew might have to curb his vocabulary, as I can envisage tactical instructions like "rape their centre half" backfiring horribly if given to the wrong player.

Best Tweet I've read today from a Newcastle fan.

I'm pretty sure I want to cry. Yep, I want to cry! Pardew!!!!!

Second best Tweet today, but not from a NewCastle fan.

What do you get if you cross Alan Pardew with a magpie? - Relegation

Not that we're in a much better position, but you have to laugh.

Another from Twitter

what is an anagram of "w anal raped"??????

Chuckles.

Â