How much of an England fan are you?

AVFC-Prideofbrum

How much?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• 100% all the way.
    • Only if the likes of Young, Milner or Villa players play...(not Heskey :lol: )
    • Just no completely

England matter to me as much as Villa, that may not go down well on a Villa message board but its true.

But qualifiers against shite teams are boring.

Despite being swedish I'm 100% behind England. Well, maybe not 100 as I'm not behind them against Sweden, but except from those occassions, 100%. Which I think I've said before. Even better when Villa-players are on the field.

How come Pelle, any particular reason why you support England?

How come Pelle, any particular reason why you support England?
I reckon it's a reaction after what happened yesterday, and I don't mean what happened in Kazakhstan either. 8)

None of them apply to me.

I support England but I'm not die hard. I was gutted when we didn't make the Euros but nowhere near as gutted as I would have been if Villa were in a similar situation.

I support them, but I'm not 100% die hard fan.

As for other sports, I'm an England rugby fan but also love to see Ireland do well (half irish). And as for cricket, if I had to choose a national side to win something I would choose England. But I really could care less. I was on a stag do this weekend and seeing as the whole stag party wanted to watch the 20-20 I was forced to sit through what seemed like a lifetime of cricket (most of which I spent playing peggle on my phone). I must admit to finding it highly amusing when Holland won.

Generally though I will always cheer on the British/English in any sport.

No.1 for me, i love to watch England, may have stemed from going to wembley alot to watch england with the school. Whether its a qualifier or Torno i get excited about watching the games. On par with Villa.

Somewhere between 1 and 2. Although im going on wednesday, perhaps i dont deserve the privelige.

When it comes to friendlies and some extent the qualifiers Im really just interested in the villa contingent. However, when it gets to tournament time, I support them like the villa.

Well not quite at the same level.

IMO we are pretty boring to watch but i still end up watching every match, during tournaments i become a huge fan but im convince thats more to do with loving tournament football

in the last few years its picked up with villa's increased involvement, when barry was making his breakthrough finally and when gabby and ash get a sniff i tune in abit more

as for going to see them ive done it a few times an been disappointed, so id only do it now if the round the country tour happened again, which it wont

100%

England and Villa will never play each other competitvely, so there's no club vs country thing for me. People may say players get injured on international duty.. so? they could get injured in training for the club and mis an England game, which would annoy me just as much.

The most annoying thing I've ever heard is "I will start supporting England when they start playing good football again". Bloody glory hunters.

i used to love watching england play when sven was in charge when we went to Japan, Korea, tournaments like that but then MugClaren took over and i lost all passion for them tbh

Club before country for me.

100% the same for me too.

However, I still want England to do well and support them regardless of whether any Villa players are playing. Friendlies I'm not that arsed about, but the competitive games I am.

I am a full fledged England fan.

Why not, they are my country.

I know the squad don't have the characters it used and is full of overpaid prima donna's but the world cup is the greatest football competition in the world and I'd love to see England win it.

I don't get all the anti-national team attitudes that I see so regularly. I swear it never used to be like that, or maybe I've just noticed it more as I've got older.

Only in the competitions mainly.

Will watch the qualifiers and friendlies if i'm not doing anything else and it's on Sky or terrestrial.

I'm with LincsVilla on this. I am finding myself becoming less and less interested in the qualifiers and no interest at all in the friendlies.

I just enjoy the competitions, going down the pub with the lads to watch etc.

100% for me too. I can understand people's frustrations at the National side, but it's still our National side.

If I voted for 2 or 3, and then come England winning the World Cup I celebrate like a maniac then that would make me nothing more than a hypocritical glory hunter. Support your team through thick and thin and take the rough with the smooth (cliche overdose!).

I used to care a lot more, I used to want England to lose at any given opportunity.

Now, I just dont care. Good luck to you at the tournaments, I'll follow you the same way I follow Mexico and Uruguay and so on.

I just want to watch some football without Jon Champion telling me why I should support 'us', and how 'we' are going to develop under 'Mister Capello'

Really annoyed me when people started saying stuff like "I won't be watching England again until Mclaren is gone".

What kind of fairweather supporter is that? I'd rather people like that didn't bother. Yes it was a very bad period but being a glory hunter applies on an international level too.

I love my country, but the football team i find myself not caring most of the time. The team has players i don't even like, Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Rooney, Beckham, Gerrard, Barry etc. and i find it hard to want them to do well. I have never cheered a Gerrard goal for England, he's a cock when he's playing for Liverpool so nothing changes when he pulls on an England top.

Sometimes i actually find myself wanting the other team to score, like against Kazakhstan at Wembley i actually laughed when they scored.

England are a distant second behind Villa and i'd much rather see Villa win anything than England anyday. Everyone i know says club>country, apart from a Walsall fan (you'd say the same if you had to watch them) and a Liverpool fan who never goes to games, says it all.

I don't understand people who want their country to lose. I can understand being frustrated by them or not liking the players, but actually wanting England to lose? That's strange to me.

Â