How much of an England fan are you?

AVFC-Prideofbrum

How much?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• 100% all the way.
    • Only if the likes of Young, Milner or Villa players play...(not Heskey :lol: )
    • Just no completely

Find it hard to get excited about games unless they are in tournaments.

Maybe a bit more so if Villa players are in, when Barry got into McLarens side, I used to just watch him move round the pitch.

Republic Of Ireland. (Yes I was born in england. My dad is irish born and bred and my mom is from african from indian parents.. India aren't even on the scene football wise and Kenya I believe were banned at one point)... so it's Ireland all the way. I don't care about the argument that I should support england!

I quite honestly don't give 2 hoots about the England team. The only times I am happy when they win is when an Everton player is playing. For example, in Euro 2004 was probably the most exciting tournament for me because Rooney was tearin it up (he then came back and screwed us over :(). It's common in a lot of places, particularly up here. I just can't bring myself to cheer and support people who I despise week in week out, who show no passion and seemingly underachieve at every tournament. I much prefer watching the likes of Spain, Brazil, Argentina etc and actually enjoying the football on show. At international tournaments, I support whoever our players are playing for. On the whole I find southerns are far far more patriotic than northerners, and also a lot of the real hardcore England fans are supporters of lower league clubs. Those are just my experiences though.

I am 1, I would even go as far as saying givin the opertunity I would take a world cup win over a prem for the villa. A world cup win in my life time is something I dream about, that day will be glorious for all of England.

Belgian, but England all the way. what other national team would I have to support

East Belgium, or 'Netherlands' ? :P

Generally I always liked the English national team, but the longer I follow Villa and the Premier League I find it tends to be just a Big 4 All Star Team, and it becomes harder to pull for them. Still, if it came down to them vs. Italy or a South American side, I'd be supporting England.

Not that I have high expectations, but the US naturally is my first priority, followed by Germany (my grandparents were from there and I always rooted for them in World Cups growing up, dating back to 1982).

A bit like number 2. I only really follow England if Villa players are included. I just don't really seem interested in national football anymore - don't get me wrong, if it's on and I'm not doing ansything I'll go to the pub to watch the England game or I'll watch it at home but I don't go out of my way to watch it like I would with Villa...

Rep of Ireland supporter but not fanatical at present as they are, lets be honest bloody awful right now but I do like to see the motivation the England team gives our Villans but first and foremost I'm a Villa Fan for nay on 20 years.

Despite being swedish I'm 100% behind England. Well, maybe not 100 as I'm not behind them against Sweden, but except from those occassions, 100%. Which I think I've said before. Even better when Villa-players are on the field.

I'm 100% behind England. Although as individuals I don't particularly like some of the players once they put on an England shirt they are collectively representing my country and I will get behind them.

Watching last years Euro Championships without England just wasn't the same.

When we get to next years World Cup I'll do what I always do. Live the dream for a couple of weeks, convince myself we can win it and then reality will bite and we'll get knocked out in the quarters. Its always good while it lasts though and I've had some great days/nights down the boozer watching England in major finals with followers of different clubs all passionately behind England.

100%, dont like some of the players but then there have been villa players I dont like personally in the past. Dont get it when people say they dont want them to win, if your English who else do you support Bulgaria?? Also annoys me when the same people slating them jump on the bandwagon next summer.

Â