How much of an England fan are you?

AVFC-Prideofbrum

How much?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• 100% all the way.
    • Only if the likes of Young, Milner or Villa players play...(not Heskey :lol: )
    • Just no completely

100%

Will be interested to hear the reasons of people who are English/consider themselves English who arent 100%.

We have a lot of non English people post on here too, so the poll wont be a cakewalk for the 100% vote.

I'm English but just not bothered. I follow England cricket team, but that's about as patriotic as I get.

Villa have had my money, Villa get my support. If villa players do well in internationals then I'm pleased for them, so I could say 2, but its not exclusively an English thing.

I watch international football, and i do enjoy the qualifications and the tournaments, but i just prefer to watch it from a neutral standpoint.

100%

Will be interested to hear the reasons of people who are English/consider themselves English who arent 100%.

We have a lot of non English people post on here too, so the poll wont be a cakewalk for the 100% vote.

Don't like the lies of the manager which people don't see. I don't like the players playing, I don't like the football, I don't like the way every game is on setenta. Eurgh, I'll be supporting an African team in the World Cup :)

probably Ghana / Ivory Coast :lol:

I'm English. Used to be 3 but now with Villa players getting selected fairly frequently I'm more of a 2. "Please poll be added" - is that a rare use of the subjunctive?

Sadly edging towards 2. The odd game like the brilliant win in Croatia draws me back in. Some English people were saying they would enjoy Euro 2008 without England which is a viewpoint I don't understand. The whole country is buzzing when we enter a major tournament. I love the collective involvement which should happen next summer with the pubs full watching the games from South Africa (are they on a similar time to GMT?)

Hopefully Portugal don't make it so we don't have to go out on penalties to those cheats again.

im irish but id watch england ahead of watching ireland purely coz of the villa players involved. i have no interest in international footie though, and ill only watch it if theres nothing else on/im not doing something else

Although I`m English, I`ve never had the passion about the England national side.

Sure, I want them to win..I just cant get worked up about it...& the media hype does my head in...its embarassing

So...I plumped with 2 as theres a Villa interest, moreso nowadays

For ever since I can remember it's been nigh on impossible for a Villa player to play more than a 20min cameo appearance on the whole. eg. Brian Little who actually cancelled and moved his wedding so that he could play for England! IIRC he didn't even play or he only played for 20mins..I remember my Dad cos I was only a squid at the time being furious!

Unless they've come on and made a huge impact like Barry, Vassell successive England managers have picked from more preferred teams like Spurs...even coming down to playing for the likes of Ipswich!...instead of Sir Dennis being an England regular!

I voted 3. I really couldn't care less. I used to be 100% all the way, but too many years of players who I really hate like Lampard, Neville, Ferdinand, Gerrard and Owen have got to me.

I'm Irish so I didn't vote but England could make a real impact with Capello in charge so there better be room on the bandwagon.

edit: From the currently non supporting English I mean.

I voted 3. I really couldn't care less. I used to be 100% all the way, but too many years of players who I really hate like Lampard, Neville, Ferdinand, Gerrard and Owen have got to me.

I think my post in the other thread could have been the reason why this one was started and I cant be bothered to go find it and copy and past it but this was a reason I had stated as to why I dont like them as well, add to that they never get dropped and its the same players every time. There seems to be about 3-4 spots in the whole squad for players based on form and even then they wont play. Its a waste of time.

I remember last World Cup my mate was crying when we lost. Id never cry over England Id probably react by going 'Ah well, lets see what else is on the TV'. Iv always said Id rather Villa get past the first round of the Carlin Cup than England win a World Cup. Thats how much I care for our national team.

Also agree with others about being more interested in our cricket international team!

Â