• I want Barca to do it and I think they will
    • I want Barca to do it but I think Chel$ki will win
    • I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest, jokes and bias aside, does anybody actually think Barca deserved to go through?

yes

im sorry but im not one of these who can say and be happy with - "didnt chelsea defend brilliantly"

wtf chelsea with all the quality they have and they wont play their usual style against barca? should have been more adventurous at the nou camp and again when abidal went off and they werent and got what they deserved

Out of interest, jokes and bias aside, does anybody actually think Barca deserved to go through?

Honestly, I think Chelsea should have won over the two legs. You should have gotten atleast 2 pens.

However, I think Barca were the better team, so am glad they got through.

yes

im sorry but im not one of these who can say and be happy with - "didnt chelsea defend brilliantly"

wtf chelsea with all the quality they have and they wont play their usual style against barca? should have been more adventurous at the nou camp and again when abidal went off and they werent and got what they deserved

I don't think it was about defending tonight....

Chelsea carved Barcelona open numerous times. Barcelona never really got at Chelsea at any point, apart from the 92nd min strike....

No, people say Chelsea just defended, but what are they meant to do? bomb forward, let Messi, Henry, Iniesta, Xavi and Eto'o have time on the ball, tis what Madrid did and they lost 6-2.

I thought overall

Barca - 1st game - 6/10

Chelsea - 8/10

2nd game:

Barca - 7/10

Chelsea - 8/10 (should really have hand penalties and took their chances)

people forget that Villa played on the break for a while of the season, loads of teams had alot of possesion but we always generally created more chances and that's what Chelsea did.

they were still far deeper than they are in the prem, and no barca didnt have a single shot on goal till iniesta's, but they did have 63% of the ball away from home against a very good team who IMO over the 2 legs just didnt do enough, lampard did very little, malouda despite being in good form did little, anelka nothing, in an attacking sense the full backs did nothing

Real lost 6-2 because of woefull defending.

i agree, they left far too much space pretty much all over the pitch, not through attacking but through poor marking and positional sense

and chelsea are easily more than twice the team madrid are

I thought Chelsea did everything right, defended brilliantly at the Nou Camp then should have won by three of four at home. In the end poor refereeing has seen them go out. It's the wrong result and they will be justifiably furious.

So why does it make me chuckle so?

I thought Chelsea did everything right, defended brilliantly at the Nou Camp then should have won by three of four at home. In the end poor refereeing has seen them go out. It's the wrong result and they will be justifiably furious.

So why does it make me chuckle so?

Because we've still won more than London combined :D :nod:

they were still far deeper than they are in the prem, and no barca didnt have a single shot on goal till iniesta's, but they did have 63% of the ball away from home against a very good team who IMO over the 2 legs just didnt do enough, lampard did very little, malouda despite being in good form did little, anelka nothing, in an attacking sense the full backs did nothing

If we look at it though....

First leg....

Barca - Eto'o one on one, Bojan missed head.

Chelsea - Drogba missed a sitter, Ballack headed just wide

So pretty even in the first leg....

Second leg....

Barca - One shot on target

Chelsea - 4 penalty appeals, Drogba missed a sitter, Malouda fired wide, Lampard fired wide, two last ditch tackles by Toure when Droba and Anelka were clean through, a sending off because Anelka got brought down when clean through....

I find it hard to see how people could say Barca were the deserving team....

I don't think Barça deserved to go through. I think Chel$ki were tactically spot on. Messi didn't get a sniff in either of the legs and for all of Barça's possession it was all 30/40 yards away from Cech. If it wasn't for atrocious refereeing, be it intentional or otherwise, we'd have a repeat of the '08 final. Being unbiased about it, Chel$ki can count themselves terribly unlucky. But I couldn't care less. I'm delighted they went out. And the fact that they only went out in the 93rd minute after being robbed by the ref makes it all the more sweet.

barcelona was woeful all those big names and most of them went missing most of the game

Chelsea alot better team than Barcelona but Ofc football is always unpredictable,anyway on to the final Man u should be far to strong for barcelona but you never know the ref might have a howler and give them the win lol.

Â