What do you reckon  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon

• I want Barca to do it and I think they will
    • I want Barca to do it but I think Chel$ki will win
    • I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

Eto'o had his back turned so how could that be a penalty

That's like saying, "When Carew scored with his header he closed his eyes, so he can't have meant it!"

Eto'o was charging out to block the spiked ball! In a goal keeper "block the ball with my arms" stylee!

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hte Pique handball was a blatant pen, I think noone will disagree. Eto'o handball would've been harsh, and the 'fouls' very 50-50 as others have pointed out.

On the other hand, Barca would've had good reason to be upset with the red card which was basically just Anelka tripping up his own feet.

The ref had a bad, bad game, but it would be ridiculous of Chelsea to blame all their sorrows on him.

Michael Ballack and Didier Drogba are a disgrace to the game and should be very ashamed of themselves. That kind of behaviour should result in bans and fines for both.

Malouda, penalty. Clearly dragged down inside the box.

Drogba, not a penalty. Went down too easy.

Pique, penalty. He stopped the ball going by him to the awaiting Anelka. Intention is immaterial in that scenario.

Eto'o, penalty. His arm was over his head ffs. If it is that high you give away a penalty. Simple as.

The ref was bought or instructed. Either way Chel$ki were robbed.

And I love it. Absolutely delighted. 93rd minute. Kids crying in the stands. You just can't make it up any better than that. Fantastic stuff.

Drogba, not a penalty. Went down too easy.

Pique, penalty. He stopped the ball going by him to the awaiting Anelka. Intention is immaterial in that scenario.

Eto'o, penalty. His arm was over his head ffs. If it is that high you give away a penalty. Simple as.

The ref was bought or instructed. Either way Chel$ki were robbed.

And I love it. Absolutely delighted. 93rd minute. Kids crying in the stands. You just can't make it up any better than that. Fantastic stuff.

I think the Pique handball was a clear pen, and maybe the Eto was too (50/50). But none of the fouls (the holding of Malouda started outside the box and when inside he went down to easy) were penalties. Øvrebø decided to let the teams tackle and chose not to give easy free kicks. That is how he is refereeing, and he actually held the line all the way. Too bad he missed on the red card, that was an error.

Wrong. The handling happend outside the box. The contact inside it was purely physical from both parties where the Chelsea player lost out on balance. Correct decision was made.

He was atrocious. I can't remember a worse refereeing performance. It was so poor it actually implies corruption. That's not saying he was corrupt, that's just how badly he performed that you could even raise the question. Saying that, he couldn't have picked a better night to be atrocious.

to just getting in and reading the bbc headline and subsequent first few lines of the report:

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

karma has rarely played itself out so beautfully in football.

At least be nearly correct when you make statements such as this one.

He was tugged outside the box and just lied down. Clear free kick, but it was outside.

And not Clearly inside like you say!

Ahhh ha ha ha ha, Chelsea fan on the radio having a rant, listing some names including Liverpool an Celtic, and saying, "what have you lot won?"

The European Cup for starters Sherlock!

:crylaugh:

They are really **** mad. This isn't going to stop.

I predict some crazy headlines and a lot of digging into the referees life.

It will be discovered that he once watched a Barcelona match on TV, accidentally.

At least be nearly correct when you make statements such as this one.

He was tugged outside the box and just lied down. Clear free kick, but it was outside.

And not Clearly inside like you say!

Watch it again. It was inside.

Â