• I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......but not penalty decisions? :winkold:

Can you appeal those after the fact? :lol:

Even if the game was played again at a later date between now and May 27 with a different referee, I think Barcelona would win, because Puyol and Henry might be back so they wouldnt have to play Buckets in midfield and Yaya at Centre-back.

Even if the game was played again at a later date between now and May 27 with a different referee, I think Barcelona would win, because Puyol and Henry might be back so they wouldnt have to play Buckets in midfield and Yaya at Centre-back.

Puyol and Henry were there in the first leg and they never won?

I think it will be a better final with Barcelona, and Man Utd will have a better chance to win.

Stretford, I think your hatred of Chelsea is blinding you seriously here. I doubt you'd call for Rooney to get a similar ban for his actions if he acted as Diddy did.

You have to accept that Chelsea got mighty unlucky tonight, and did you a massive favour on the way by eliminating both Barca full backs from the final.

I seem to remember a certain Mr Shrek having a quite violent tantrum at Fulham a few weeks back? :winkold:

Needless to say, he started on the corner flag to show everyone what a big, bad man he is.

My opinion is that you're wrong. Lets create a competition to find out statisticaly who is... oh snap!

Liverpool won the champions league and finished 5th in the league, so were they best team in europe?

Liverpool are the exception to the rule ;-)

My opinion is that you're wrong. Lets create a competition to find out statisticaly who is... oh snap!

Liverpool won the champions league and finished 5th in the league, so were they best team in europe?

Apart from Milan of course who won the champions league and finished 4th in serie A....

I'm just glad the 2 best teams are in the final. They will go right at each other and put on a good display. Barca will need Marquez/Henry/Puyol for this one.

I think Barca are pretty over-rated to be fair. Only have one game-plan and can never adapt to changing situations. They spend half the game trying to walk the ball into the net.

United will never play an easier final, it will be a walk-over.

Oh and i'd much rather have Big John than E'to 8)

I think it will be a better final with Barcelona, and Man Utd will have a better chance to win.

Stretford, I think your hatred of Chelsea is blinding you seriously here. I doubt you'd call for Rooney to get a similar ban for his actions if he acted as Diddy did.

You have to accept that Chelsea got mighty unlucky tonight, and did you a massive favour on the way by eliminating both Barca full backs from the final.

I wouldn't have to. Rooney merely applauded a referee sarcastically against Villareal 3 years ago and was sent off, missing his next Champions League matches, and we went out of the competition in the group stages. If that had been Rooney screaming abuse tonight like that, he would be banned without anybody needing to call for it to happen.

Chelsea were unlucky, but, sometimes teams being unlucky can be a good thing for everyone else, because it means the final will be a much more entertaining, action-packed, memorable football match.

It amazes me the amount of sympathy Chelsea are getting from neutrals who apparantly haven't realised yet that they've been spared from having to sit through another heinously boring final like last years.

I might feel a bit sorry for Chelsea fans but at the end of the day, the football world has what it wanted tonight. The All-Star game ... the most glamourous tie in world football today.

And for the record, I don't want the Barca full-backs to be out for the final. I always want to see the best players in the final, whichever team they may be on.

Puyol and Henry were there in the first leg and they never won?

How do you win against a team playing with 9 defenders and a guy standing on the half way line?

I'm just glad the 2 best teams are in the final. They will go right at each other and put on a good display. Barca will need Marquez/Henry/Puyol for this one.

I think Barca are pretty over-rated to be fair. Only have one game-plan and can never adapt to changing situations. They spend half the game trying to walk the ball into the net.

United will never play an easier final, it will be a walk-over.

Oh and i'd much rather have Big John than E'to 8)

Good call. They've only scored 100 goals and allowed 28 in arguably the best league in the world.

Apart from Milan of course who won the champions league and finished 4th in serie A....

Well, you arent going to finish second in the PL or the CL...

Whatever way you spin it, you have nothing to back up your claim of being second best in Europe.

I hope they give that referee the final, now that would be a laugh :D

Yea, lets see Stretford's reaction when he denies Man Utd 4 penalties :lol:

It wouldn't be his reaction I'd be looking for to be honest, it'd be Ferguson doing a Jock Stein that would leave me pissing myself laughing. The thought of the biggest cheat in football meeting his maker whilst blowing his top over a bad decision is one that fills me with joy :D

How do you win against a team playing with 9 defenders and a guy standing on the half way line?

You played the exact same way against them last season. You just didn't create half the chances that Chelsea did and you got a penalty when you deserved it.

because it means the final will be a much more entertaining, action-packed, memorable football match.

Just like your semi finals with Barca last year.....?

The 2nd leg of last years semi was a very entertaining, nerve-destroying, edge-of-your-seat game of football. Both sides played well and it was fun to watch.

The first leg was a bit dull but the point is, a final is played over one leg, not two. Both sides HAVE to attack and get forward, which means both sides will be left open at the back, which means we will see some amazingly fast paced attack-counterattack football.

Whatever way you spin it, you have nothing to back up your claim of being second best in Europe.

2nd in the league last year, runners up in the champions league last year and beaten semi finalists this year, having the better of their semi final in the process.

Pretty good credentials...

because it means the final will be a much more entertaining, action-packed, memorable football match.

Just like your semi finals with Barca last year.....?

The 2nd leg of last years semi was a very entertaining, nerve-destroying, edge-of-your-seat game of football. Both sides played well and it was fun to watch.

The first leg was a bit dull but the point is, a final is played over one leg, not two. Both sides HAVE to attack and get forward, which means both sides will be left open at the back, which means we will see some amazingly fast paced attack-counterattack football.

So the first leg was dull and the 2nd leg was a very entertaining, nerve destroying, edge of your seat game of football?

Sounds exactly like Chelsea - Barcelona this year.

Why do both sides have to attack? Finals are normally cagey affairs.

Â