TrentVilla

What do you reckon  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon

• I want Barca to do it and I think they will
    • I want Barca to do it but I think Chel$ki will win
    • I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

but look at it this way, lampard ballack and essien - 3 very good players you cant argue, got absolutely nowhere near xavi and iniesta in either game

i cant find skys reports from the 1st leg but they are saying barca had 71% possession tonight, and 58% territory, im sorry but even though that only resulted in 8 shots off target and 1 on (9 in total same as chelsea btw) thats an absolutely shocking stat for chelsea

i dont buy it that at that level you can say you deserve to win a game where at home you 29% of the ball, chelsea tried to kill the game and hit barca on the counter rather than play their usual brand of football it backfired they lost barca played the exact same way they do every week carefree and won barca deserved it

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im going to bed a happy man, and i cant wait to see the red tops in the morning moaning about the pens, ive searched high and low for a video with no joy, but i can remember seeing it and it being ignored at the time so i hope this comes back -

isnt karma great

poor old chelsea, nothing ever goes their way in the CL

Chelsea did not lose the game because of the referee, they lost because they failed to score more goals than their opposition over 180 minutes.

At the end of the day, yes, the referee could have given a penalty. But, if you need to shoot from the penalty spot to score, you do not deserve to be in a European Cup final.

The fouls denied them goalscoring opportunities, hence why they were penalties.

You'd be complaining if you were in the same situation.

But look at all the opportunities that they just flat-out missed as well. And all the crosses that went awry. If their players had been mentally stronger tonight, they'd have scored again and killed the game instead of moping about penalties that werent given.

You mean like you lot against Everton eh? Of course, you never complained after that one, did you?

The referee WAS shocking tonight and so i can see (to a certain extent) why Chelsea feel so aggreived, however tonight and overall in the tie, decisions went against BOTH teams, and that's just football.

I'm sure Chelsea won't be complaining about the penalty Henry should have had in the Nou Camp? Nor appealing against Abidal's false red card after Anelka had tripped over his own legs?

Yes, Chelsea had three stonewall penalties turned down tonight, but truth be told, the real frustration within the Chelsea ranks is not with the referee, but their inability to do what Villa have failed to do recently and close the game off.

Or will they be blaming all their missed chances on the referee as well?

Cannot for the life of me see how either of the first two were pens. Both dives and both just looking for a pen. The two hand balls on the other hand... hope that ref never sees as much as a blade of grass again. And Ballack should have seen red.

I cant even beggin to describe how dumb Redknap is.

i just watched the replay of all the penalty descisions and there was 4 blatent penaltys.

imagine if that was villa i have huge sympathy for everyone in the chelsea camp and there supporters disgracefull referee.

Cannot for the life of me see how either of the first two were pens. Both dives and both just looking for a pen. The two hand balls on the other hand... hope that ref never sees as much as a blade of grass again. And Ballack should have seen red.

The Malouda one was a clear penalty to be fair. He turns him, is still in control of the ball, and gets strangled round the throat. Stonewall.

Chelsea did not lose the game because of the referee, they lost because they failed to score more goals than their opposition over 180 minutes.

At the end of the day, yes, the referee could have given a penalty. But, if you need to shoot from the penalty spot to score, you do not deserve to be in a European Cup final.

But look at all the opportunities that they just flat-out missed as well. And all the crosses that went awry. If their players had been mentally stronger tonight, they'd have scored again and killed the game instead of moping about penalties that werent given.

You mean like you lot against Everton eh? Of course, you never complained after that one, did you?

We ceretainly didn't complain to the extent that Chelsea did.

I'd gone into tonight wanting only 1 thing, and that was a Barcalona win. How they got it, whether they spanked Chelsea or nicked it, I didn't give a damn. I'd been saying it to friends for weeks, I don't want to see London pick up a European Cup, and thats all my reasoning.

But knowing I was going to see the match tonight, and knowing I had a niggling feeling Chelsea would nick it, I decided the only sensible course of action was to place bets against my hopes, so if it all went tits up I'd be in the money. So on went bets for Chelsea to win, with a 2-1 scoreline, seeing Drogba Lampard and Messia score. In the unlikely event that happened, I'd have netted about £80 quid. My mate decided he'd back against my bets, more or less out of spite for being a London boy.

So in we walk into Aberystwyths Academy, settle down, and discover to our right, a bunch of Chelsea 'fans' to our right. And about 12 Spanish fellas in front of us. The game goes on and I rapidly realise that the Barca bets won't stand. Barca had no idea how to break Chelsea down, and Chelsea knew it, Messi was anonymous, Eto'o worse, it was a horror show. The ref was awful, even if I felt a few of those decisions I could see (Drogba's reputation preceeds him, he's have needed to be shot by a Barca player in the box to have got a pen, and then it'd have needed a clear view. Malouda's one wasn't helped by his histrionics either). I was sat watching it thinking 'Well, Barca are stuffed here so hopefully the bets come in'. Then Drogba limps off. And Lampard stops running. And then that goal. I've never seen a reaction like it. Hell I was off with it too. I'd lost myself a few quid and I didn't give a damn, the Spanish fans went apeshit, everyone who hated Chelsea went mad, it was glorious. Especially as the Chelsea 'fans' to our right had given it the big un all night, the kind of fan that thinks anything his team does wrong is obviously a refereeing error. Glorious.

I didn't care about the money, I didn't care about the fact Chelsea were robbed, it was purely elation at seeing them out. Drogba's madness post match added the cherry on top. A great match, and an albeit rather dirty victory for football. Chelsea did exactly what Barca hoped they couldn't, which was hold out for a nicked goal, and Barca looked hopeless to it. But I don't think I've ever been so happy at an injustice. Even one that hit my pocket!

Maybe because yours was an FA Cup semi where you played your kids and it was your 3rd priority.....whereas Chelsea were playing for a place in the champions league final, which is the only thing they could win?

Fergie would have completely lost the plot tonight if those decisions went against Man Utd...

The Malouda one was a clear penalty to be fair. He turns him, is still in control of the ball, and gets strangled round the throat. Stonewall.

All I can see is two players turning for a ball and getting tangled up. After a bit of pushing and pulling on both parts, as soon as he got in the box, he dropped like a sack of potatoes.

We ceretainly didn't complain to the extent that Chelsea did.

You only had one to complain about that's why, they had 4.

Maybe because yours was an FA Cup semi where you played your kids and it was your 3rd priority.....whereas Chelsea were playing for a place in the champions league final, which is the only thing they could win?

Fergie would have completely lost the plot tonight if those decisions went against Man Utd...

No he wouldnt. He didn't lose the plot last night when Darren Fletcher was the victim of a heinous miscarraige of justice.

If the referee had done his job at Old Trafford in the quarter finals, United would have been knocked out by Porto, he turned down a blatant penalty in that one. That gets forgotten though....

I think the referee was looking for a blatant lunge or bad tackle to give a penalty.

A bit of argy bargy, pushing and shoving or 50-50 wasn't going to do it

With the penalties, he probably thought they were ball to hand and not deliberate.

Â