TrentVilla

What do you reckon  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon

• I want Barca to do it and I think they will
    • I want Barca to do it but I think Chel$ki will win
    • I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

Whatever way you spin it, you have nothing to back up your claim of being second best in Europe.

2nd in the league last year, runners up in the champions league last year and beaten semi finalists this year, having the better of their semi final in the process.

Pretty good credentials...

In your opinion you were the better side.

Fact is fella, you're out. Its like Glastonspur coming on here and telling us in his opinion Spurs are best placed to tackle the top 4, or my opinion we're the best team in the **** world. Oh yes. But thats all it is - opinion.

Barcelona done you lot over, the fact that you sat back for 170 of the 180 minutes of the Semi final kicking anything that moved and getting away with it kinda proves that what goes around, does come around when you were denied penalty after penalty.

Drogba and Ballack have proven to many exactly why your club is a 'pretend' big club - you were **** shite before you got the Russians money, and you're not in the same league in terms of stature as any of the other teams involved in the latter stages of the Champions League - a rich mans play thing, thats all you are.

Tit.

He is not a chelsea fan.

And I don't see how you can say they sat back in both legs.

Chelsea were the better team over both legs and were denied only by poor refereeing.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever way you spin it, you have nothing to back up your claim of being second best in Europe.

2nd in the league last year, runners up in the champions league last year and beaten semi finalists this year, having the better of their semi final in the process.

Pretty good credentials...

In your opinion you were the better side.

Fact is fella, you're out. Its like Glastonspur coming on here and telling us in his opinion Spurs are best placed to tackle the top 4, or my opinion we're the best team in the **** world. Oh yes. But thats all it is - opinion.

Barcelona done you lot over, the fact that you sat back for 170 of the 180 minutes of the Semi final kicking anything that moved and getting away with it kinda proves that what goes around, does come around when you were denied penalty after penalty.

Drogba and Ballack have proven to many exactly why your club is a 'pretend' big club - you were **** shite before you got the Russians money, and you're not in the same league in terms of stature as any of the other teams involved in the latter stages of the Champions League - a rich mans play thing, thats all you are.

Tit.

He is not a chelsea fan.

And I don't see how you can say they sat back in both legs.

Chelsea were the better team over both legs and were denied only by poor refereeing.

didn't see the 2nf half, but that seems to be the general consensus amongst the media this morning.

"Robbed" seemed to be the prevailing message on the radio this morning. Saw a few of the penalty incidents briefly this morning, and chelsea had good cases in all of them.

Strangely, I will now be supporting man united in the final.

My apologies - certainly comes over as a chelsea fan.

'Robbed' is what the English and London press say - I'd imagine if you read Spanish / Catalan papers, they'd be saying a different story.

There was 1 decent penalty shout - handball by Pique - the others were half shouts at best and Ballack chasing the referee like he did should be dealt with.

Is this only an issue because of the timing of the goal, it knocked Chelsea for six. Its all 'Ifs' and 'buts' If Terry had headed it properly. I remember when we were denied 3 clear opportunities at Utd due to an inept linesman, but that all gets brushed under the carpet. Also those who say if Villa had defended like Chelsea we would be here celebrating, fact is Chelsea have spent MILLIONS to be able to compete with the likes of Barcelona, the way i look at it how many Chelsea players would get into our side and to be honest most of them would, but they got stung because of a brilliant Barcelona side who had 10 men which people seem to forget. Barcelona in my opinion will beat Man Utd in the final, not just because of the talent but just look at their workrate to try and get the ball back, they had 70% of the ball last night! Its all geared up to be an exciting game, can't wait as you'll see two great teams trying to win the game.

My apologies - certainly comes over as a chelsea fan.

'Robbed' is what the English and London press say - I'd imagine if you read Spanish / Catalan papers, they'd be saying a different story.

There was 1 decent penalty shout - handball by Pique - the others were half shouts at best and Ballack chasing the referee like he did should be dealt with.

I agree with this. I don't know why people are starting to say that Chelsea were unlucky not to go through. They were slightly better than Barca last night but Barca were much better in the first leg. I think the better team that actually knows how to play football has gone through. Anyone saying that they are going to support Man Utd now because Chelsea were 'robbed' takes too much from the English press. Either that or they don't enjoy good football, which is what Barca play. Chelsea are a joke and I'm happy they have been knocked out

I thought the Pique handball and Eto'o handball were easily penalties. Drogba had a good case although his reputation probbably preceded him and I think giving the Malouda penalty would have been slightly harsh. Then again, the Barca sending off was a joke too. The ref was just generally useless.

That being said, i thought Chelsea were the better team last night. Fair enough Barca dominated possession, but they only created one chance. They took it brilliantly but they still only created one. Chelsea created several, and were denied a penalty on several occasions which probably would have finished the contest had any of them been given (and scored)

Anyway, I'm not fussed as I wanted Barca to go through anyway so happy days.

I just think those who are saying that Barcelona play 'good football' 'better foortball' are believing the hype too much. They very rarely step up against English competition.

Over the two legs Chelsea certainly created the more clear cut opportunities despite playing a tight game. Barcelona were very poor, even when they had the 11 men!

Those who are happy that we have a Man Utd/Barcelona final will be a little disappointed i feel when the game is finished.

It hit him on the upper arm with his arms raised and the ball heading for goal. I don't see how it wasn't a penalty. More clear cut that the Pique one for me.

Ha, ha, ha ! **** off Chelsea.

You're about as much use in Europe as a right-hand drive car !!

Bleating on about penalties that never were (well, apart from the Pique one), and having that "petulant serial cheat" Drogba having a go at the ref. Perhaps he should've been having a go at himself for missing two sitters and falling over like a toddler. The same goes for Ballack - surely one of the biggest losers in world football.

Petulant, pampered, rocket polishers who think they have a god-given right to the European Cup. Perhaps if they took their chances they might earn the right to be beaten by United (again) in the final !

Well fellas, the books are closed on our little club for another year.

I didn't want a new European champion, and I get no great enjoyment from sterling defensive performances unless they're by Villa. Now that we have a Man Utd v Barça final I couldn't give a toss who wins it. Even so, as I tripped, lumbered, pranced, hobbled, minced and strode through the stultifying sunlight, a happy little song came to mind. So I skipped instead. One song, three versions. No, it isn't:

Blue is the colour, football is the game

We're all together and winning is our aim

So cheer us on through the sun and rain

Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name.

There was Joni Mitchell (1969),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPwUqp_h9Vc, and my favourite version by a pre Dave Pegg and even pre Sandy Dennyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m_xRdrfbwk. A pity there isn't a "u " in the song title.

Boring? Yeah, just like Chelsea.

heystally, in recent weeks, we've had tonights match, which was very exciting, the 3 - 1 against Liverpool which was a good game, the 4 - 4 with Liverpool which was the game of the season and the 4 - 3 against Bolton which was incredible....

...boring? Nah.

4-4 with Liverpool wasnt dull, because it was Liverpool playing, not becuase it was Chelsea. You got what you deserved after that performance last week.

Really cant comprehend that view.

As i said last week, if that had been our team and we defended llike that at the Nou Camp...all our fans would have been rushing to the reaction thread and posting about our 'superb' defensive performance.

Defending is as much an art as attacking..and i also appreciate a team that is capable of shutting up shop and giving sucha disciplined performance.

It's a skill Villa will have to learn more if they wish to break the top 4..

I never said they were wrong to defend like that. I just think the only reason they played like that is because they knew fine well they were playing a better quality team. And how do you play better quality teams? Defend for your life. Which is what i've said all along, that een though Chelsea maybe should have won the game, Barca were wtill the better team.

It's just my opinion, and obiously noone can give the difinitive answer on who "desereved" togo through, only the team that did go through.

It's not Chelsea who played shite football last night, it was Barcelona. 34385043 completed passes and 1 decent scoring chance to show for it, it was dreadful and boring as hell to watch them dick around and let Chelsea organize before playing a meaningful pass forward. ManU is going to kill them in the final.

It's not Chelsea who played shite football last night, it was Barcelona. 34385043 completed passes and 1 decent scoring chance to show for it, it was dreadful and boring as hell to watch them dick around and let Chelsea organize before playing a meaningful pass forward. ManU is going to kill them in the final.

im shaking my head, how else did you expect barca to play? the team with the 2nd best defence in the world (utd 1st IMO) put 9 men behind the ball

what do you expect them to do? how would you expect other teams to play? better, worse come out winning? chelsea set off to kill that game right from the start, they had 29% of possession at home which IMO is close to a disgrace, and the same number of shots even though the on/off target was different

chelsea made it shit not barca

Â